Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:26 am

That's the point I made - his downside probably ISN'T 20 PPG. The Broncos might not get blown out by 40+ every week, so when they're still "in" games (down "only" 3 TDs), Tebow will still likely be facing the starting defense - and we've seen how he fares in that situation in about 56+ minutes in each of his last two games.

Add to that the possibility that he gets yanked at any moment and it's very risky.

That said, given that Fitz faces the Jets twice over the next 4 games, and Tebow fights for his job with OAK next week, you may be better off rolling with him until he's out of a job.

[ October 31, 2011, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

boutrous11

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:59 am

I'm going w/ Ryan over Tebow this week.

Rog

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Rog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:27 am

interesting comment from the d coordinator of detroit .what is your game plan for today? stop the run ,stop 15 from running and make him throw the ball.)seemed a little odd hearing that statement from an nfl defensive coordinator.
man I dont dislike tebow(wish nothing but the best for him as a person)but as a nfl qb i think denver was forced to play him.for every person that thinks denver is setting him up to fail,ARE YOU KIDDING ME the man sells tickets could you imagine the fan fare on a road playoff game?HAVE TEBOW WILL TRAVEL.
people say he is a winner so was GINO TORRETTA .HE WAS ONE OF THE GRATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS EVER ,BUT THAT WAS COLLEGE,15 players from that gator team are starting in the nfl.
all I am saying is dont crown the guy but dont beat him down either.It is not his fault that the media and general public put him on a higher pedestal.

Rog

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Rog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 am

Brandon lloyd has had 1 good year and it was with orton, lloyd has been nothing but an average rec. at best. 1 good season in 9 years(it was because of orton.

In 2005 he had 48 catches for 733 yrds and 5 td's
that was his best year to date other than his 1 good season.
curtis painter has everybody around him and still stinks
matt cassell(with the pats )had no rec.and still produced.

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:06 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Disappointed in the lack of discussion here today. I actually watched the game unlike most of the haters....

Tebow had no protection.
They traded his top receiver.
For basically nothing.
Put him on a real team that can protect him and wants him to succeed and he’ll be great.
Fox is a neanderthal
They set him up to fail
[/QUOTE]Wow. I watched the entire game on DirecTV, by the way.

The only logical explanation for what you're saying is that we're in the Star Trek episode where we coexist in parallel universes in which whatever you see and experience is the exact opposite of what I see and experience.

The man simply does not have the skills to play QB in the NFL. How anyone can watch him play and not see that leaves me at a further loss for words.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:11 pm

I figured I'd throw another log on the fire here...

This from Michael Silver with Yahoo Sports...

“Can you believe ’15’?” one Detroit Lions defender asked after his team’s 45-10 immolation of Tebow and the Denver Broncos. “Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

It would be one thing if this particular defender could be written off as an outlier, but during the time I spent in the Lions’ locker room after the game – and, later, on the phone with various coaches, front-office executives and players around the league – similarly harsh assessments were uttered about the second-year quarterback making his second start of the 2011 season.

There was more carnage towards Tebow's "talents" as a quarterback but I figured this was enough.
Personally I don't think I've ever heard a player bash another player like this. Maybe a little classless some would say but there is some truth in there.
Pat Sorge

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:

“Can you believe ’15’?” one Detroit Lions defender asked after his team’s 45-10 immolation of Tebow and the Denver Broncos. “Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

It would be one thing if this particular defender could be written off as an outlier, but during the time I spent in the Lions’ locker room after the game – and, later, on the phone with various coaches, front-office executives and players around the league – similarly harsh assessments were uttered about the second-year quarterback making his second start of the 2011 season.

There was more carnage towards Tebow's "talents" as a quarterback but I figured this was enough.
Personally I don't think I've ever heard a player bash another player like this. Maybe a little classless some would say but there is some truth in there. They're just haters or arrogant or anti-faith or something of that sort. :rolleyes:
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Tebow has only had a handful of starts and those starts have come with an offense that isn't patterned to him. I think it's immature for the Lions to say what they said. Why does everyone hate on him so much? Give him some time to mature with an offense designed for his skill set. If it doesn't work out after a decent shot, then ok. Otherwise, at least commend the guy for being everything that we ask of potential role models. The guy never gives up, commends his teammates, relies on his faith and tries to help others. Don't we knock players for doing the opposite.

Another thing... coming from the bible belt, this Tebowing thing is a disgusting mockery of prayer. His faith is no act. People are making fun of a guy who thanks God for his accomplishments? This is why this world has gone to crap. No respect anymore.

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:

Personally I don't think I've ever heard a player bash another player like this. Maybe a little classless some would say but there is some truth in there. They're just haters or arrogant or anti-faith or something of that sort. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Yep those are the only three legit reasons. Actually probably all three at once! Nothing worse than an arrogant, hateful, atheist.
:D
Pat Sorge

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Fourslot, I have to ask you what type of offense would be helpful for his talents?
Pat Sorge