Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

I don't deny that there may be some shortcomings, but even the Panthers have placed some mobility plays in for their 'guy'. VIck has an offense designed for mobility as well. Tebow is not a dropback QB. If you commit to him being the QB, at least put him in a place to help him. They traded their best WR in Lloyd and are relying on Eric Decker, Lance Ball and a rehabbing Demarius Thomas. Now, that's not going to help him with his accuracy, but he needs the reps.

[ October 31, 2011, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Fourslot40 ]

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:56 pm

The Lions comments are weak. They smoked the Broncos... where's the class? Dude, just enjoy the win and don't make yourself a headline. It's easy to knock a guy while he's down.

[ October 31, 2011, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Fourslot40 ]

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:16 pm

He needs reps in OTA's & training camp. He has no business being on the field. That's where the negativity is coming from. Some of the players don't respect him because he hasn't paid his dues. He receives accolades for working hard and doing things other players have done for years. What did Brady Quinn do to deserve being passed over?
Honestly he can't make the throws Vick makes in his offense. You have to have a strong arm and a quick release to be successful in the NFL. Newton is having success because he shrugs off D-LIneman and doesn't panic when a rush is coming.
As far as not having weapons? I've seen guys in orange running free down the field and Tebow missed them by 10 yards. Heck Rivers had an MVP type season last year with Seji Aratuji (???) as one of his main targets for several games! It's just another excuse. Decker is decent and Thomas is a big raw WR use the talent he has and throw the ball up in the air to him!
Pat Sorge

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
He needs reps in OTA's & training camp. He has no business being on the field. That's where the negativity is coming from. Some of the players don't respect him because he hasn't paid his dues. He receives accolades for working hard and doing things other players have done for years. What did Brady Quinn do to deserve being passed over?
Honestly he can't make the throws Vick makes in his offense. You have to have a strong arm and a quick release to be successful in the NFL. Newton is having success because he shrugs off D-LIneman and doesn't panic when a rush is coming.
As far as not having weapons? I've seen guys in orange running free down the field and Tebow missed them by 10 yards. Heck Rivers had an MVP type season last year with Seji Aratuji (???) as one of his main targets for several games! It's just another excuse. Decker is decent and Thomas is a big raw WR use the talent he has and throw the ball up in the air to him! Very well said and I couldn't agree more. I have no doubt in my mind that Brady Quinn could put up the same pedestrian numbers that Tebow has.

All I hear from Tebow supporters are excuses. The guy looks lost in the pocket and when he does have time, is missing wide open receivers. Orton played behind the same line and I didn't hear any excuses offered in his defense.

I think it is also BS that if anyone is anti Tebow or questions his ability to play the position, that you are in some way against his faith. To me, that has no bearing on how well a guy can or can't play the position.
Go Big Red!

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:32 pm

That is your opinion.... Tebow has about five starts under his belt. He's arguably the greatest college football player of all time and finds ways to win ball games. Yet, everyone is an analyst, even those who have never played the game.

He receives accolades for the way he goes about his business. He doesn't make excuses... he just keeps applying himself. Why can't something be said for that? Isn't that what we teach our kids? People want to see that guy succeed.

You bring up Vick... when Vick was with Atlanta, he wasn't a top notch QB. Rivers had Gates and others... including Tomlinson. Please don't go there with talent. Newton is honestly better than expected. No doubt he is a freak talent.

Quinn deserves a shot with someone, I would agree. It's all opinions... my issues lie more with everyone looking to kill the hard working guy and praise all of the bad role models/ T.O's of the world. Tebow needs work... but he needs help from his coaching staff and reps with his guys.

[ October 31, 2011, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Fourslot40 ]

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Originally posted by Fourslot40:
That is your opinion.... Tebow has about five starts under his belt. He's arguably the greatest college football player of all time and finds ways to win ball games. Yet, everyone is an analyst, even those who have never played the game.

He receives accolades for the way he goes about his business. He doesn't make excuses... he just keeps applying himself. Why can't something be said for that? Isn't that what we teach our kids? People want to see that guy succeed.

You bring up Vick... when Vick was with Atlanta, he wasn't a top notch QB. Rivers had Gates and others... including Tomlinson. Please don't go there with talent. Newton is honestly better than expected. No doubt he is a freak talent.

Quinn deserves a shot with someone, I would agree. It's all opinions... my issues lie more with everyone looking to kill the hard working guy and praise all of the bad role models/ T.O's of the world. Tebow needs work... but he needs help from his coaching staff and reps with his guys. There are plenty of great college players that didn't make it in the NFL. Since when does a hard working equate to being immune to criticism at the most dissected position in the NFL? There are a ton of hard working guys in the league, check the practice squads and special team rosters. That's the only thing keeping those players in the league.

I was never a Tebow fan, mostly because he played at Florida but I did respect the way in which he played the game and how he seems to be a truly genuine person. That's all well and good but doesn't mean that he is deserving to play QB in the NFL.

I don't need to be an analyst or have had to play the game to know that for all except about 4 minutes in the last two games has Tebow struggled tremendously. I mean it's been hard to even watch at times.

As bad as he's been, I think they have to continue to play him since they gave up on the year by choosing to go this route in the first place. Maybe over the next few games he figures it all out and makes all his nay sayers eat some crow. IMO, I just don't think he has the skill set to do so.
Go Big Red!

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
As far as not having weapons? I've seen guys in orange running free down the field and Tebow missed them by 10 yards. Heck Rivers had an MVP type season last year with Seji Aratuji (???) as one of his main targets for several games! It's just another excuse. Decker is decent and Thomas is a big raw WR use the talent he has and throw the ball up in the air to him! Very well said and I couldn't agree more. I have no doubt in my mind that Brady Quinn could put up the same pedestrian numbers that Tebow has.

All I hear from Tebow supporters are excuses. The guy looks lost in the pocket and when he does have time, is missing wide open receivers. Orton played behind the same line and I didn't hear any excuses offered in his defense.

I think it is also BS that if anyone is anti Tebow or questions his ability to play the position, that you are in some way against his faith. To me, that has no bearing on how well a guy can or can't play the position.
[/QUOTE]The issue isn't questioning faith... I just disagee with the whole "tebowing" thing. People dropping to one knee and mocking it. He's thankful for all he has... regardless of talent, don't mock the guy for praising his faith.

I'm not advocating Tebow for the Pro Bowl. I'm saying that if he has practice in a system designed for his skill set and he continues to work hard.... he has the will to be better. It's just not enough time to throw him out of the league, which is what some are sounding like.

Rog

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Rog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:05 pm

what did aj feely do last week replacing bradford with that common name of household rec.'s?did blaine gabbert beat the ravens 2 weeks ago?
My only gripe on Tebow is I feel as if he was handed the starting job because of who he is and not because he deserved it.For the people who keep thinking we only dislike him because of his faith think about what you are saying.For some reason people seem to think that when he thanks god for a nice play it means more than when another player thanks god.thst his heart is bigger than anybody elses.THE GATORS WERE A GREAT COLLEGE TEAM,TIM TEBOW WAS A GREAT COLLEGE PLAYER.

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Originally posted by Fourslot40:

Quinn deserves a shot with someone, I would agree. It's all opinions... my issues lie more with everyone looking to kill the hard working guy and praise all of the bad role models/ T.O's of the world. Tebow needs work... but he needs help from his coaching staff and reps with his guys. Yes that is my opinion thanks for recognizing that. I'm going to break down my responses to your many statements that I find tilted to the pro-Tebow side.
Tebow has five starts under his belt. Agreed, but he has been in the organization since April 2010. That's a lot of time to get accustomed to the speed of the game. Newton has more starts but has really only been with his team since late July/early August.

He's arguably the greatest college player of all time. So what?
and he finds ways to win games. That statement is usually reserved for guys less talented that win through effort and grit. You know who they used to say that about? Kyle Orton in Chicago!!!

Yet, everyone is an analyst, even those who have never played the game. This sentence seems grammatically incorrect. :D And you found me out, I've played but I've never actually lined up in any official game. :eek: :eek: :eek: Therefore I have no business having an opinion. That is the most absurd opinion I hear way too often. When Michael Jordan played basketball my wife knew he was pretty damn good and she never even watched a basketball game before seeing him play.

WHAT?!? You are kidding with this statement right? Why can't something be said for that? That is why this thread is 13 pages long. Something has been said for that. Over and over and over!

You brought up Vick in a previous post not me. Vick in Atlanta was more of a QB that Tebow from day one and he sucked as a QB! Last year which was my example of Rivers season he had Gates for parts of 10 games and yes he had others...The others you ask? Well first he didn't have a WR play more than 11 games. The one that did was Malcolm Floyd who at his best is a one trick pony, Patrick Crayton,Legedu Naanee, Buster Davis & Seyi Ajirotutu were his main receivers most games! And Tomlinson didn't play for the Chargers last year, I'm surprised you didn't know that. You must not have played football ever.

And lastly who is praising T.O. types? No one I've seen on these boards.

Please don't take this as a personal attack on you or Tim Tebow.
I was reading your post and the bulls&*t meter was in the red and needed to be addressed! :D

[ October 31, 2011, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:35 pm

I don't take it as an attack. We're not on the same page.... You may have seen ESPN's coverage of T.O's workout... and I was assuming you were referring to earlier Rivers years. No worries.. this is why the threads are designed.. to voice opinions.

[ November 01, 2011, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Fourslot40 ]