Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:45 am

I have Tebow in two leagues. In my top league which is a Start-2 QB league I have Tebow and Schaub. I just lost Schaub for the season so I'm rolling with Tebow and hoping for the best. In the other league, I'm going with Palmer over Tebow.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
tebow and denver will strugle mightily thursday. That was my first thought as well. Without looking at the defensive stats, however, I think NYJ is a better pass defense team than run defense team. So I would not be surprised if Denver runs the ball another 45-50 times.

Plus, I'd love to see Denver punch the arrogant NY Jets in the mouth by running on them ALL night. That would be sweet.

Rog

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Rog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 am

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng T Att Yds Avg Lng TD
15 15 91 980 10.8 93T 5 11 109 9.9 71 0 2 1
anybody recognize those numbers
Eddie Royal rookie season(with Jay Cutler)
maybe Tebow can get them numbers out of him again

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
tebow and denver will strugle mightily thursday. That was my first thought as well. Without looking at the defensive stats, however, I think NYJ is a better pass defense team than run defense team. So I would not be surprised if Denver runs the ball another 45-50 times.

[/QUOTE]The Jets' defense has struggled more with the run this season. They are 15th in the league, giving up 116 yards per game. I would definitely expect the Broncos to have another run-heavy game plan in place for Thursday night.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:25 am

People are just itching for Tebow to have a bad game so that they can point the finger and say they told you so. Just let it be...

For the record... Tebow is 3-1 and his team is 4-5 overall. What about those QB's that are recognized as BETTER than Tebow?

Vick is 3-6 with a "dream team"
Kolb is 1-6 (Skelton 2 wins)
Bradford is 1-7 (pull out Feeley's win)
Rivers is 4-5
Josh Freeman is 4-5
McCoy is 3-6

You can't argue that Tebow is winning with far less talent around him... people just don't want to give him credit.

mkrucek

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mkrucek » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:31 am

Originally posted by Fourslot40:
People are just itching for Tebow to have a bad game so that they can point the finger and say they told you so. Just let it be...

For the record... Tebow is 3-1 and his team is 4-5 overall. What about those QB's that are recognized as BETTER than Tebow?

Vick is 3-6 with a "dream team"
Kolb is 1-6 (Skelton 2 wins)
Bradford is 1-7 (pull out Feeley's win)
Rivers is 4-5
Josh Freeman is 4-5
McCoy is 3-6

You can't argue that Tebow is winning with far less talent around him... people just don't want to give him credit. Until Tebow plays the way everybody else wants him to play he'll be the subject of criticism. I don't get it. He's getting the job done, both real-life and fantasy. But we still hear, "Just wait until..."

[ November 15, 2011, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: 4D ]
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 am

It's debatable whether he's getting the job done in NFL terms, though. From a W-L perspective he absolutely is although I'm not sure how much influence he had in the win over the Chiefs. Yes he accounted for two TDs but he didn't have many rushing attempts and obviously didn't throw the ball much at all. I think that victory had as much, if not more, to do with the Denver defense and Lance Ball (as well as McGahee and Moreno before they got hurt) as Tebow. I'm not trying to rip on Tebow but I think his influence on the Miami and Oakland wins was far greater.

I agree the biggest issue is there is a particular way of playing most people believe you need to see from the QB position and clearly Tebow lacks the ability at the present time to function in that matter. But at the end of the day, all that should matter is whether your team is winning. If the Broncos continue to win with Tebow then the focus will need to shift off what Tebow isn't doing and onto more of what he is doing.

If Denver wins Thursday night things are going to get really insane. Not only will Tebow be 4-1 as a starter but more importantly the Broncos will be in a strong position to take over first place in the AFC West - especially when you consider Oakland has to travel to Minnesota. Yes, the Vikings suck but I could see them winning that game, especially if they're able to get pressure on Palmer and force him into mistakes.

[ November 15, 2011, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 am

Decker with Orton for four full games: 20 recs for 270 yards and 4 TDs = 71 NFFC points.

Decker with Tebow for four full games: 12/196/3 = 49.6 NFFC points.

Decker may not be a household name but he's currently 16th among NFFC WRs and in a 3-way tie for 2nd in TDs among WRs, with 7. It's not like Tebow is stuck with CLE or JAC WRs. :rolleyes:

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am

Decker's been pretty good but Denver's receiving corps is one of the worst in the league with Lloyd gone. Royal's been a bum since his rookie season, Thomas can never stay healthy and there isn't anything at the TE position to get excited about. When you look at how little talent the Broncos have in the passing game perhaps it's not surprising they want to run the ball 99.9% of the time.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:07 am

It is laughable to me that people are happy with 19 points at the QB position. I'd be pissed off if my QB got me 19 points.
Bully for you if you are happy with 19. After Thursday you might wish for 19!
All this talk and he is averaging 23 points per start. I don't think that is even top 10.

He may be 3-1 as a starter this year but the only game he helped his team to the win was the Raiders game. Starting QB records can be very misleading. Kyle Orton was 10-5 for the Bears in 2004 or 2005 and Grossman got healthy and started in the playoffs.
As for having no talent on this team that is laughable. They have a strong defense that has won two of the "Timmy" games.

Mcgahee has been a troubled player for years but his production this year has been there! He's 12th in the NFL in rushing and he had only 4 carries in 2 games this year!
So if you take the 6 games he's played in he has averaged 103 yards rushing per game.
Give any NFL qb a 100 yard back and they will win 3 out of 4 most times.

Decker? well with Lloyd playing and a QB that is, shall we say more traditional, he amassed 20 catches 270 yards and 4 TD's in 4 games. That is as the 2nd WR.

I don't want to hear they have no talent because it's just not true. A true stud at LT in Clady. Demarius Thomas if he could stay healthy is a fantastic talent. Eddie Royal if used correctly is sufficient.
They have talent on both sides of the ball and their defense keeps them in games long enough for Tebow to finally hit a wide open receiver.

After a 2 for 8 passing day I thought the Tebow supporters might quiet down. Alas they are louder and prouder than ever before.
I heard a stat that made me laugh out loud the other day. They said he went over 60 minutes of game time without completing a single pass! From the 3rd quarter of the Raiders game to the 3rd quarter of the K.C. game.

If you like the way he lives his life or comports himself on the field or puts his faith right out there with no misgivings I could understand.
But the unabashed love for him as a player completely baffles me.

Please keep playing him as it only helps me in the overall standings! :D :D :D
Pat Sorge