Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:22 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
if tebow was in the old west he couldnt hit a guy in a gunfight at 10 paces. :D He wouldn't need to, Frank. The guy would just miraculously drop dead.

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

paus

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by paus » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:45 am

Tebow and Sanchez - such a contrast. One can't throw a ball accurately to save his life and the other has the tools but can't seem to get it done. Denver is losing the game and looking horrible and yet if you looked at the two QB's - there is Tebow confident as can be leading and making his team believe they are going to win. Sanchez on the other hand is a mental midget.

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:39 am

Originally posted by Fourslot40:

Hate Tebow all you want. He's everything that we ask for in a competitor. He is exceeding expectations under immense media pressure and criticism that has NEVER been seen before. He's the most mentally tough athlete I have ever seen. Good for him... I'll root for that guy everytime. [/QB]I disagree. If you think about it, how much pressure is he really under? The Broncos were horrible when the job was handed to him and a majority of all analyst weren't expecting much from him and believe his style of play is not sustainable. He's on a free roll. If he struggles, that's what the majority expected to happen. If he plays well and wins, then that is a bonus for both him and his team. It can be debated if he is indeed playing well, but he is winning. That's really all he and his team care about.
Go Big Red!

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:40 am

Tebow always end with a "W" ;)

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
if tebow was in the old west he couldnt hit a guy in a gunfight at 10 paces. :D He wouldn't need to, Frank. The guy would just miraculously drop dead.

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
[/QUOTE]Lololol :D

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by Fourslot40:

Hate Tebow all you want. He's everything that we ask for in a competitor. He is exceeding expectations under immense media pressure and criticism that has NEVER been seen before. He's the most mentally tough athlete I have ever seen. Good for him... I'll root for that guy everytime. I disagree. If you think about it, how much pressure is he really under? The Broncos were horrible when the job was handed to him and a majority of all analyst weren't expecting much from him and believe his style of play is not sustainable. He's on a free roll. If he struggles, that's what the majority expected to happen. If he plays well and wins, then that is a bonus for both him and his team. It can be debated if he is indeed playing well, but he is winning. That's really all he and his team care about. [/QB][/QUOTE]Free roll? Really? Nobody playing QB in the NFL has a free roll.... especially Tebow. From day one, him being a first round pick has been scrutinized. He lives with that pressure every day. Throw in 24/7 criticism from a strong majority of so-called experts and backhanded comments from your own teammates... oh and by the way 50,000+ fans in opposing stadiums chanting TE-BLOW. That's a free roll? Your opinion may apply in other sports... like a coach taking over a bad team... but Tebow's situation is far more extraordinary.

renman

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by renman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Does anyone believe Tebow will be a starting NFL QB next year?

I personally do not even though I root hard for the kid.

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Originally posted by Fourslot40:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by Fourslot40:

Hate Tebow all you want. He's everything that we ask for in a competitor. He is exceeding expectations under immense media pressure and criticism that has NEVER been seen before. He's the most mentally tough athlete I have ever seen. Good for him... I'll root for that guy everytime. I disagree. If you think about it, how much pressure is he really under? The Broncos were horrible when the job was handed to him and a majority of all analyst weren't expecting much from him and believe his style of play is not sustainable. He's on a free roll. If he struggles, that's what the majority expected to happen. If he plays well and wins, then that is a bonus for both him and his team. It can be debated if he is indeed playing well, but he is winning. That's really all he and his team care about.
[/QUOTE]Free roll? Really? Nobody playing QB in the NFL has a free roll.... especially Tebow. From day one, him being a first round pick has been scrutinized. He lives with that pressure every day. Throw in 24/7 criticism from a strong majority of so-called experts and backhanded comments from your own teammates... oh and by the way 50,000+ fans in opposing stadiums chanting TE-BLOW. That's a free roll? Your opinion may apply in other sports... like a coach taking over a bad team... but Tebow's situation is far more extraordinary. [/QB][/QUOTE]The guy was third string on the depth chart when the season began and wasn't guaranteed to even see the field. It wasn't until the team struggled that he was given a shot. What does he have to lose? Nothing. Nobody was giving him a shot to be a regular starter in this league. If he performs well, he may change that perception. If he doesn't, he's likely right back where he began the year. So yes, I consider that a free roll.

In my opinion I think there is way more pressure to perform for guys like Matt Stafford. The Lions were completely irrelevant for over a decade. He's a top pick and penciled in as the starter to help turn it around. Hell, I think Cam Newton has more pressure to prove that he was worthy of the #1 over all pick. He's surprised many with his play and his abilities as an NFL QB are much greater than Tebow's. Cam just hasn't been able to produce wins like Tim has.

Opposing fans chant to ridicule visiting players every game. If that factors in as being "pressure" I think Tim is more than capable of dealing with that.

And Renman, I don't believe Tebow will be a starter in the league next year. Maybe he will prove me wrong but I tend to agree with most of the analysts that his brand of football will not be sustainable at the NFL level. I also think it's too big of an investment by the Broncos to mold their team around that type of play to make it successful.
Go Big Red!

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:36 am

Here's the bottom line:

• Yes, he's averaged almost 23 PPG in his 5 games this year.
• Three of his five games he’s scored less than 20 points.
• I think it was in 3 of his games that he "salvaged" his fantasy day in the latter half of the 4th quarter (or even on his last play, like this week vs. the Jets). By salvage, I mean turned what looked like a 10-12 point game for 55+ mins. into a near-20 point (below average) game for an NFFC QB.
• The passing defenses he’s faced are ranked 24th, 3rd, 27th, 21st and 4th. He’s sucked at passing.
• The rushing defenses he’s faced are ranked 3rd, 17th, 26th, 27th and 22nd. He’s salvaged his fantasy days largely based on rushing, but only really faced one good run defense.
• He’s faced exactly one good offense (DET, 4th) and they put him in a deep enough hole that they pulled their defensive starters at the end of the game, allowing a late bomb TD to Decker. The other offenses he’s faced are ranked 24th, 16th, 27th and 17th in scoring (and points against DEN largely dictates his ability to save the day late in the game).
• Would you really be comfortable starting a QB like this every week, or do you feel like that type of luck will eventually run out and you wouldn't want to endure a bunch of 12 point games?

Just to see what the NFFC consensus is, I've started a separate poll thread (POLL: Would you draft Tebow as your NFFC QB1?). Please swing by there and register your vote.

[ November 20, 2011, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:07 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
(Tom is on record that he would only let 6 pass.) [/b]That's not what I said, Mike. I said there are only a handful of QBs I'd absolutely start ahead of Tebow right now on a weekly basis. I said there were others I'd put on the same tier as him, most of whom I would likely select ahead of Tebow if we were drafting now.

For example, I'd include Roethlisberger on the same tier but I'd absolutely draft him ahead of Tebow. Why? There's no risk there with Ben other than injury, which can happen to any QB. But he's clearly his team's QB both now and long-term so I don't have to worry about him suddenly being benched. I don't expect Tebow to be benched anytime soon given the fact the Broncos have been winning but a couple of bad games in a row and that will become an issue again like it was before the Oakland game.

So don't confuse Tebow's proven QB1 production and current ranking with where I would draft him. They're two separate things. At no point have I said Tebow came without risk. He clearly does.

[ November 20, 2011, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich