Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:34 am

Actually Tom, I DO understand the NFL Tebow Phenomenon. It's the FANTASY discussion about him being a top-10 or a viable NFFC starter, and so consistent and high-floor, etc. that I refer to. And my post above was meant to highlight how similar Dalton is to Tebow in FANTASY football.

I've said it many times already, I LIKE watching Tebow just like everyone else does. I'm just not nearly as enamored with him as a fantasy QB because I don't think he can keep saving his fantasy days like he does. And for the record, not a word in your response above has ANYTHING to do with FANTASY football. Therein lies the biggest divide on these 22 pages - people keep mixing apples and oranges (fantasy and reality). I've never tried to argue against him as an exciting reality player (though I do agree with many that I don't think we'll get to enjoy this excitement very long, as his days as a QB are likely numbered). I've focused on his fantasy production.

So why aren't we talking up Dalton as a viable fantasy starter and top-10 QB? Their stats are almost identical - except that Dalton's sustained them twice as long.

Newton has been a top-5 QB this year; he's not an issue and yes, you're right, he gets lots of discussion and most wouldn't argue his place as a top-10 fantasy QB.

[ November 21, 2011, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Fourslot40

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 am

Why would anyone talk about Palmer?

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 am

Just comparing Palmer because he also came off the waiver wire and has been just as hot if not hotter than Tebow.

Let's stay focused on Dalton though please. MUCH more similar.

Coltsfan

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Mike,

Tebow has made 8 starts - 3 last year and 5 this year. In those starts he has averaged 25.83 points per game. If you did take that average over the course of a year it would have made him the 5th best fantasy QB last year and the 6th best fantasy QB this year. Dalton's average would not have put him in the top 15 QB's either of the past 2 years. The sampling size for Tebow is still very small but to me Dalton is not anywhere near the fantasy factor that Tebow has been.

You can make all of the arguments in the world that he won't make it, he isn't very good, he'll get injured, his faith draws attention to him, or whatever else that people are saying. But the fact is over the 8 games that has started, he has produced great numbers. Dalton has been middle of the road albeit excellent for a rookie.

Will he make it as a NFL Quarter Back? It sure doesn't look like it from what I see. Will I start him in fantasy football this next week - absolutely! When he has a good game half of the people will say I told you so and when he has a bad game the other half will also say I told you so. But my question is why do we have so much conversation about this guy? Not just here, but in the media in general. It's amazing how much discussion he stimulates. One thing is for sure - he definitely makes pro football MUCH more interesting.

Wayne

[ November 21, 2011, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Excellent post Sandman. What Dalton has done this year is simply remarkable. As a rookie, he was without usual training camp and the learning experiences associated with it. His report with fellow rookie AJ Green is something you normally don't see by first year QB-WR combos.

He's only going to get better and with the draft picks the Bengals received in the Palmer deal could result in some more young talent. If Simpson can stay away from the hippie lettuce I think that him, Green, and Gresham provide excellent options in the passing game.

I drafted Dalton in a few deeper leagues more as a flier since I figured they would be behind and throwing often. He has easily been a great QB2 and even a match up type option in a few leagues. 300+ yards against the Ravens without AJ was impressive.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Mike,

Tebow has made 8 starts - 3 last year and 5 this year. In those starts he has averaged 25.83 points per game. If you did take that average over the course of a year it would have made him the 5th best fantasy QB last year and the 6th best fantasy QB this year. Dalton's average would not have put him in the top 15 QB's either of the past 2 years. The sampling size for Tebow is still very small but to me Dalton is not anywhere near the fantasy factor that Tebow has been.

You can make all of the arguments in the world that he won't make it, he isn't very good, he'll get injured, his faith draws attention to him, or whatever else that people are saying. But the fact is over the 8 games that has started, he has produced great numbers. Dalton has been middle of the road albeit excellent for a rookie.

Will he make it as a NFL Quarter Back? It sure doesn't look like it from what I see. Will I start him in fantasy football this next week - absolutely! When he has a good game half of the people will say I told you so and when he has a bad game the other half will also say I told you so. But my question is why do we have so much conversation about this guy? Not just here, but in the media in general. It's amazing how much discussion he stimulates. One thing is for sure - he definitely makes pro football MUCH more interesting.

Wayne Well said Wayne.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:48 pm

This thread should never die!

:D

Wayne

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Bye, Bye Norv Turner...
Go Big Red!

CraigW

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CraigW » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
Bye, Bye Norv Turner... This guy is brutal!
Should've been fired in the OT when he ran three straight times to set up a long FG
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
This thread should never die!

:D

Wayne Ditto ! ;)