Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Ted's Cracked Head

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:37 pm

As a Raider fan I am hoping Norv gets a lifetime deal with the Bolts!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

HIROLLERJR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by HIROLLERJR » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:48 pm

yesterday was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to late for Norv to be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikenj46

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mikenj46 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 am

Am I the only one who thinks it's Fox/Elway who are avoiding the most criticism with every win Tebow pulls off?

We all know about Tebow's many short comings, but it was obvious that yesterday, in my opinion, they were playing not to lose.

Ignoring the fact that for the first 3 quarters the only time Tebow threw the ball was on 3rd down. Let's look up stats on ALL QBs on 3rd down....they aren't good. Must be worse when that's the only time the ball is in the air. But down 3 inside the redzone at the end of the game and they continue to run the ball. Tebow isn't a good thrower right now, but he hasn't been careless with the ball. When he misses he misses EVERYONE. Give him a chance to win the game there.

Denver could have and maybe should have lost that game on the long overtime FG(Thanks Folk, I could have used the 5.3 points) and in my opinion it would have been squarely on Fox.

Let the kid go play football. Maybe he'll surprise everyone.

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:07 am

Originally posted by mikenj46:
Am I the only one who thinks it's Fox/Elway who are avoiding the most criticism with every win Tebow pulls off?

We all know about Tebow's many short comings, but it was obvious that yesterday, in my opinion, they were playing not to lose.

Ignoring the fact that for the first 3 quarters the only time Tebow threw the ball was on 3rd down. Let's look up stats on ALL QBs on 3rd down....they aren't good. Must be worse when that's the only time the ball is in the air. But down 3 inside the redzone at the end of the game and they continue to run the ball. Tebow isn't a good thrower right now, but he hasn't been careless with the ball. When he misses he misses EVERYONE. Give him a chance to win the game there.

Denver could have and maybe should have lost that game on the long overtime FG(Thanks Folk, I could have used the 5.3 points) and in my opinion it would have been squarely on Fox.

Let the kid go play football. Maybe he'll surprise everyone. They play not to lose every game with Tebow, and they win. Why change the way you are playing if its working? They don't want to put him in a situation where he causes a turnover, so yes, they play not to lose. OH and by the way, Folk kicks for the Jets. Novak missed the FG and it was 53 yards.. not like it was 30.

mikenj46

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mikenj46 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 am

I meant Novak. I agree....wasn't an easy kick at all.

All I'm saying is there's a difference between settling for a FG to tie the game because you couldn't find a way into the endzone and settling for a FG because you're content to simply tie the game.

Personally I think Tebow has earned the chance to be more aggressive in that situation. Again, he's not good, but he's not careless with the ball either. Put the ball in his hands and see what he can do instead of pounding Magahee up the middle and settling for 3.

Just my opinion.

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:42 am

Originally posted by mikenj46:
I meant Novak. I agree....wasn't an easy kick at all.

All I'm saying is there's a difference between settling for a FG to tie the game because you couldn't find a way into the endzone and settling for a FG because you're content to simply tie the game.

Personally I think Tebow has earned the chance to be more aggressive in that situation. Again, he's not good, but he's not careless with the ball either. Put the ball in his hands and see what he can do instead of pounding Magahee up the middle and settling for 3.

Just my opinion. I understand your opinion, but its obvious either you weren't watching the game or just forgot, but Tebow either threw or ran the ball 5 out of the last 7 plays prior to the game tying field goal, including the last two plays, an incompleted pass and a 4 yard Tebow run. So, they did put it in his hand, but the kid isn't going to take chances and throw it in the end zone and risk an INT if he knows they have the game tied. Fox has done an absolutely brilliant job with this kid. Just my opinion.

renman

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by renman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:44 am

Lets keep something else in mind. I am already on record with the opinion that I do not think Tebow can be a consistently successful QB in this league without a team dramatically committing to him and his style of play in a way that I doubt any team will. I also admit I root hard for him because he represents everything that is RIGHT in sports in a world where so many things are wrong.

However, when judging him as a QB, lets keep in mind the circumstance he finds himself in. He is not playing in a creative offense like Josh McDaniels runs any longer. He now is playing for one of the least creative offensive coaches in the league in John Fox. He has very limited weapons to throw to. Can you name his pass catching Tight End?

Here is a question I asked before that was avoided.

Will Tebow be a starting QB for an NFL team at the start of next season? I believe the answer is no. I am wondering what others think.

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:50 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Lets keep something else in mind. I am already on record with the opinion that I do not think Tebow can be a consistently successful QB in this league without a team dramatically committing to him and his style of play in a way that I doubt any team will. I also admit I root hard for him because he represents everything that is RIGHT in sports in a world where so many things are wrong.

However, when judging him as a QB, lets keep in mind the circumstance he finds himself in. He is not playing in a creative offense like Josh McDaniels runs any longer. He now is playing for one of the least creative offensive coaches in the league in John Fox. He has very limited weapons to throw to. Can you name his pass catching Tight End?

Here is a question I asked before that was avoided.

Will Tebow be a starting QB for an NFL team at the start of next season? I believe the answer is no. I am wondering what others think. He will absolutely be the starter for the Denver Broncos. Write it down.

Greg Ambrosius

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:07 am

Let's admit one thing: The Broncos defense is vastly improved this year. Give Fox some credit for that. Those guys FLY to the ball. They're fun to watch. Without that solid defense, the rest wouldn't be happening right now.

Let's also admit that the Chargers played right into the Broncos' hand in every instance. They let the Broncos stick around and you just knew what was going to happen. I predicted it on Twitter early in the third quarter. And to settle for a 50+-yard-field goal when they still could have easily picked up 10 or more yards was just foolish. Stay aggressive.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 am

Greg makes great points above. The Denver D has just as much, if not more to do with this current streak than Tebow does. They are keeping their team in games where Tebow and the offense goes extremely lengthy stretches without producing anything at all. For the Denver offense to go roughly 29 minutes on the road without producing a single score and still being in the game speaks volumes about how well their D has been.

However, with that being said that was against what has become an extremely mediocre Chargers team who continue to be out played and out coached for six consecutive games. If the Broncos offense has stretches that are that poor against some of the top teams in their conference, the will be down 20 points and I'm not sure Tebow can bring his team back in those scenarios.

Chalk another victory up for the kid though.

[ November 28, 2011, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: CoMoHusker ]
Go Big Red!