Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

da bears

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by da bears » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 am

Anyone else see the Tim Tebow skit on Saturday Night Live this past weekend? Talk about hilarious.

Here is the link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2dhNaQgxM
Bauler Shot Caller

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:52 am

The shine has been rubbed off the penny...

This is why the Broncos have to be very careful about committing to Tebow and building a team around him. He still has gaping holes in his game and lacks critical fundamentals.

Compare him to Cam Newton in terms of being a franchise QB. There is no comparison.

[ December 24, 2011, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:15 am

It's simple.....if it below freezing, he sucks! (that is what the media will focus on).

He is the anti-Favre. ;)

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:22 am

The magical carpet ride has ended...
Go Big Red!

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:33 am

At least now the conversation won't be so easily diverted from that of football fundamentals to ridiculous puff slogans like "all he does is win" and "don't bet against this kid".

That kind of nonsense never has legs over the course of time in the NFL.

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:37 am

Don't worry... someone will remind us of his "high floor" cuz he still scored 17. Except it was against a team he should've been able to do a LOT better against. :rolleyes:

Even last week's game vs. the Pats, he scored I think 1 point more than Orlovsky and VY scored the prior two weeks. Matt Moore matched him today. Yawn.

[ December 24, 2011, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

boutrous11

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:09 pm

great, now i'm back to being an atheist. :(

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:26 am

Well that was a rather epic meltdown. It was the Detroit game all over again. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos and Tebow can rally next week with their playoff lives on the line.

From a fantasy perspective, though, Tebow just keeps delivering. No matter how he looks on the field he is the most reliable non-elite fantasy QB in the game. No doubt about that. Even with all the picks yesterday he still delivered 18-20. He's yet to have a bad fantasy game and outside of Victor Cruz, I can't think of a better free-agent pickup this season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:47 am

Interesting perspective Tom. Put another way though, one could've started the following 9 QBs this week and gotten the same or more points: Flacco, Hasselbeck, Sanchez, Freeman, Grossman, Skelton, Dalton, Webb, Moore. Some pretty elite company there. :rolleyes: Newton, Stafford, Brady and Vick also outscored him, leaving Tebow as QB14 so far this week - and that's with Brees, Ryan and Rodgers still left to play.

QB18 or so for the week vs. a crappy BUF defense... I stand by my position that Tebow is marginally an NFFC starter.

[ December 25, 2011, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:06 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well that was a rather epic meltdown. It was the Detroit game all over again. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos and Tebow can rally next week with their playoff lives on the line.

From a fantasy perspective, though, Tebow just keeps delivering. No matter how he looks on the field he is the most reliable non-elite fantasy QB in the game. No doubt about that. Even with all the picks yesterday he still delivered 18-20. He's yet to have a bad fantasy game and outside of Victor Cruz, I can't think of a better free-agent pickup this season. Tom...with all due respect, I just don't understand why you think a Fantasy QB delivering 18-20 points a game on a consistent basis is such a big deal. It simply is not.

I understand your point about consistency, but that aspect is being overblown in this situation. Who cares if he consistently delivers lower tier numbers? It's simply not that impressive from a Fantasy perspective. That just isn't going to put anyone over the top when trying to win a league. It's low end starter material at best, and better served as a QB2.

He doesn't really strike me as such a great Free Agent pickup unless you were already clearly weak at QB to begin with. I don't have the numbers to prove it (I bet Sandman can dig them up), but I doubt he's top-10 since becoming a starter so in a 12 or 14 team league how is that so valuable?

In terms of next week, I don't see the Broncos beating the Chiefs. The Denver Defense looks weaker, as does Tebow's QB play. Orton gets his revenge.