Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

RedRyder

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by RedRyder » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:40 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well that was a rather epic meltdown. It was the Detroit game all over again. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos and Tebow can rally next week with their playoff lives on the line.

From a fantasy perspective, though, Tebow just keeps delivering. No matter how he looks on the field he is the most reliable non-elite fantasy QB in the game. No doubt about that. Even with all the picks yesterday he still delivered 18-20. He's yet to have a bad fantasy game and outside of Victor Cruz, I can't think of a better free-agent pickup this season. Tom...with all due respect, I just don't understand why you think a Fantasy QB delivering 18-20 points a game on a consistent basis is such a big deal. It simply is not.

I understand your point about consistency, but that aspect is being overblown in this situation. Who cares if he consistently delivers lower tier numbers? It's simply not that impressive from a Fantasy perspective. That just isn't going to put anyone over the top when trying to win a league. It's low end starter material at best, and better served as a QB2.

He doesn't really strike me as such a great Free Agent pickup unless you were already clearly weak at QB to begin with. I don't have the numbers to prove it (I bet Sandman can dig them up), but I doubt he's top-10 since becoming a starter so in a 12 or 14 team league how is that so valuable?

In terms of next week, I don't see the Broncos beating the Chiefs. The Denver Defense looks weaker, as does Tebow's QB play. Orton gets his revenge.
[/QUOTE]I'm not a fan of the NFL QB Tim Tebow, but am coming around on the fantasy QB Tim Tebow. I sat a red hot Romo in favor of Tebow this week in the Championship Bracket (didn't help, Shady and Greene decided to take Christmas vacation early). Despite a horrible 4 INT game from Tebow, I still got 20 fantasy points.

You give me a consistent QB who will score me 18-20 points a game that I can get late in the draft and I can build a very competitive team around that.
@RedRyder

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:04 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well that was a rather epic meltdown. It was the Detroit game all over again. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos and Tebow can rally next week with their playoff lives on the line.

From a fantasy perspective, though, Tebow just keeps delivering. No matter how he looks on the field he is the most reliable non-elite fantasy QB in the game. No doubt about that. Even with all the picks yesterday he still delivered 18-20. He's yet to have a bad fantasy game and outside of Victor Cruz, I can't think of a better free-agent pickup this season. All the more reason interceptions and fumbles should be minus 2...no way below average qb like tebow should be considered elite in any format.

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:09 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

From a fantasy perspective, though, Tebow just keeps delivering. No matter how he looks on the field he is the most reliable non-elite fantasy QB in the game. No doubt about that. Even with all the picks yesterday he still delivered 18-20. He's yet to have a bad fantasy game and outside of Victor Cruz, I can't think of a better free-agent pickup this season. Tom...with all due respect, I just don't understand why you think a Fantasy QB delivering 18-20 points a game on a consistent basis is such a big deal. It simply is not.

I understand your point about consistency, but that aspect is being overblown in this situation. Who cares if he consistently delivers lower tier numbers? It's simply not that impressive from a Fantasy perspective. That just isn't going to put anyone over the top when trying to win a league. It's low end starter material at best, and better served as a QB2.

He doesn't really strike me as such a great Free Agent pickup unless you were already clearly weak at QB to begin with. I don't have the numbers to prove it (I bet Sandman can dig them up), but I doubt he's top-10 since becoming a starter so in a 12 or 14 team league how is that so valuable?

In terms of next week, I don't see the Broncos beating the Chiefs. The Denver Defense looks weaker, as does Tebow's QB play. Orton gets his revenge.
[/QUOTE]I'm not a fan of the NFL QB Tim Tebow, but am coming around on the fantasy QB Tim Tebow. I sat a red hot Romo in favor of Tebow this week in the Championship Bracket (didn't help, Shady and Greene decided to take Christmas vacation early). Despite a horrible 4 INT game from Tebow, I still got 20 fantasy points.

You give me a consistent QB who will score me 18-20 points a game that I can get late in the draft and I can build a very competitive team around that.
[/QUOTE]Tebow extremely lucky to only be giving -1 pts per turnover in leagues that score TDs for 6 pts...really cheapens value of qbs imo....along with full ppr for rbs

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:22 am

Tebow and Cam are the only QB's in the NFL that can have an absolutely horrible week, and score 18-20 points. Its not like he throws INTs every week. This was a bad week, along with the Detroit game. He is not elite. No one every said he was. He is still young, has a lot of learning to do, but he has the attitude and willingness to be better and the physical talent to make it a reality. If Denver doesnt build a team around him, they would be foolish. They need to get a good TE, a solid speed/pass catching RB, and a good route running WR, and I believe he will be a QB10 (+/-) next year.

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:38 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
Tebow and Cam are the only QB's in the NFL that can have an absolutely horrible week, and score 18-20 points. Its not like he throws INTs every week. This was a bad week, along with the Detroit game. He is not elite. No one every said he was. He is still young, has a lot of learning to do, but he has the attitude and willingness to be better and the physical talent to make it a reality. If Denver doesnt build a team around him, they would be foolish. They need to get a good TE, a solid speed/pass catching RB, and a good route running WR, and I believe he will be a QB10 (+/-) next year. That's my point, they wouldnt be scoring 18-20 pts during their horrible 3-4 turnover games if they were being properly penalized for them, which in turn woudn't make them consistent from week to week.

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:47 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
Tebow and Cam are the only QB's in the NFL that can have an absolutely horrible week, and score 18-20 points. Its not like he throws INTs every week. This was a bad week, along with the Detroit game. He is not elite. No one every said he was. He is still young, has a lot of learning to do, but he has the attitude and willingness to be better and the physical talent to make it a reality. If Denver doesnt build a team around him, they would be foolish. They need to get a good TE, a solid speed/pass catching RB, and a good route running WR, and I believe he will be a QB10 (+/-) next year. That's my point, they wouldnt be scoring 18-20 pts during their horrible 3-4 turnover games if they were being properly penalized for them, which in turn woudn't make them consistent from week to week. [/QUOTE]And how many TO's did Tebow have prior to this week?

RedRyder

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by RedRyder » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:08 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

[/QUOTE]Tebow extremely lucky to only be giving -1 pts per turnover in leagues that score TDs for 6 pts...really cheapens value of qbs imo....along with full ppr for rbs
[/QUOTE]Rob Benetti posted some QB comparison in another thread, some good data. whether -1 or -2 for INT, wasn't that huge of an impact if I remember correctly.

If Tebow had -2 for his 4 INTs yesterday he would have still got them 16.65 points, that is pretty consistent, especially given the fact that by NFL standards, he had a horrid game. 16.65 falls very close to the 18-20 average points I'd take from a QB drafted very late or not at all.

Again, anyone who listens to our podcast knows I'm not a Tebow fan, but I am starting to see the light ;)
@RedRyder

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:14 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
Tebow and Cam are the only QB's in the NFL that can have an absolutely horrible week, and score 18-20 points. Its not like he throws INTs every week. This was a bad week, along with the Detroit game. He is not elite. No one every said he was. He is still young, has a lot of learning to do, but he has the attitude and willingness to be better and the physical talent to make it a reality. If Denver doesnt build a team around him, they would be foolish. They need to get a good TE, a solid speed/pass catching RB, and a good route running WR, and I believe he will be a QB10 (+/-) next year. That's my point, they wouldnt be scoring 18-20 pts during their horrible 3-4 turnover games if they were being properly penalized for them, which in turn woudn't make them consistent from week to week. [/QUOTE]And how many TO's did Tebow have prior to this week?
[/QUOTE]He had 2 ints, 11 fumbles with 4 lost prior to this week.

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:23 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:

[/QUOTE]Rob Benetti posted some QB comparison in another thread, some good data. whether -1 or -2 for INT, wasn't that huge of an impact if I remember correctly.

If Tebow had -2 for his 4 INTs yesterday he would have still got them 16.65 points, that is pretty consistent, especially given the fact that by NFL standards, he had a horrid game. 16.65 falls very close to the 18-20 average points I'd take from a QB drafted very late or not at all.

Again, anyone who listens to our podcast knows I'm not a Tebow fan, but I am starting to see the light ;)
[/QUOTE]I guess it's a difference in philosophy, Jules. I think that 16.65 points or 18 points is not a good performance in a league which awards 6 points per passing TD, no matter how consistently it's done. It puts you behind the 8-ball at the QB position. I understand your contention that you can draft him late while drafting other position players earlier, but I'd rather take the elite QB than rely on the Vincent Jackson's, Miles Austin's, and Jermichael Finley's of the world.

You said that the 18-20 point range is what you'd expect from a QB drafted very late or not at all. I agree completely. Hence my statement that he's better viewed as a QB2 rather than a starter to build your Fantasy team around.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:46 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

[/QUOTE]I guess it's a difference in philosophy, Jules. I think that 16.65 points or 18 points is not a good performance in a league which awards 6 points per passing TD, no matter how consistently it's done. It puts you behind the 8-ball at the QB position. I understand your contention that you can draft him late while drafting other position players earlier, but I'd rather take the elite QB than rely on the Vincent Jackson's, Miles Austin's, and Jermichael Finley's of the world.

You said that the 18-20 point range is what you'd expect from a QB drafted very late or not at all. I agree completely. Hence my statement that he's better viewed as a QB2 rather than a starter to build your Fantasy team around.
[/QUOTE]He fumbled also so would have been 14.65 if fumbles were -2 also