Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:11 am

Tebow doesn't just have value in our event where we give six points per TD pass. I started him on my FBG/FFPC championship team and he scored 18.65 points yesterday. In that format (four points per TD pass) he's also been a rock-solid and reliable fantasy QB. Again, I'm not saying he's elite because he generally hasn't been. But excluding the few elite fantasy QBs, there hasn't been a more consistent starting QB than Tebow in fantasy.

I wouldn't want to build my fantasy team around Tebow. But if I was to wait at the quarterback position and load up elsewhere he's an ideal QB1 because he's yet to have a bad fantasy game and we've seen what his upside can be. I've been very happy with Tebow as my QB1 in the two leagues I have him and he's been a key reason why those teams have done so well.

From an NFL perspective, he faces his most difficult test next week due to what's on the line for the Broncos. The last time he faced adversity (after the Detroit game) he led the Broncos on their miracle run. So I'm interested to see how he does now with so much riding on how well he performs against the Chiefs.

[ December 25, 2011, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:01 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Tebow doesn't just have value in our event where we give six points per TD pass. I started him on my FBG/FFPC championship team and he scored 18.65 points yesterday. I think it is obvious he would have more value in an event which gives 4 pts/TD because a good portion of his TD's come by him running in for 6.

He is less attractive in the NFFC because of this.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Tebow doesn't just have value in our event where we give six points per TD pass. I started him on my FBG/FFPC championship team and he scored 18.65 points yesterday. I think it is obvious he would have more value in an event which gives 4 pts/TD because a good portion of his TD's come by him running in for 6.

[/QUOTE]That's possible. Michael Fabiano just Tweeted that if you projected Tebow's point total in his 10 starts over a full season he would rank sixth among QBs. I'm assuming Mike was referring to standard scoring. In the NFFC, he currently is QB11 as a starter in average points per game although he and Rivers are essentially equal in production so he's more like QB10B.

The Broncos reportedly have decided that Tebow will be their starting QB next season. Makes sense given all he's done so far but he can remove any lingering questions with a strong showing on Sunday. I don't think it's an understatement to say this is the most important game he's ever played. He imploded again last week and now the playoffs are on the line. If he rallies like he did after the Detroit game and leads Denver to the playoffs, anything that happens in the postseason will be gravy.

[ December 30, 2011, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 am

Tebow doesn't just have value in our event where we give six points per TD pass. I started him on my FBG/FFPC championship team and he scored 18.65 points yesterday. In that format (four points per TD pass) he's also been a rock-solid and reliable fantasy QB. Again, I'm not saying he's elite because he generally hasn't been. But excluding the few elite fantasy QBs, there hasn't been a more consistent starting QB than Tebow in fantasy.

I wouldn't want to build my fantasy team around Tebow. But if I was to wait at the quarterback position and load up elsewhere he's an ideal QB1 because he's yet to have a bad fantasy game and we've seen what his upside can be. I've been very happy with Tebow as my QB1 in the two leagues I have him and he's been a key reason why those teams have done so well.

From an NFL perspective, he faces his most difficult test next week due to what's on the line for the Broncos. The last time he faced adversity (after the Detroit game) he led the Broncos on their miracle run. So I'm interested to see how he does now with so much riding on how well he performs against the Chiefs. If he wouldn't have $hit the bed last week and served up all those points for the Bills, he and his team probably wouldn't have been in such an adverse situation this week.

I think that he has performed below average as an NFL QB against the two real good teams that he's played against. I would worry about that if I were going to be a Tebow owner for next year given the fact that the Broncos schedule will not be as easy.

As far as the fantasy perspective, I expect more than 16-18 pts out of my starting QB. But that's why this game is so great. Difference in opinions and draft strategies are in abundance which always makes for interesting conversation and/or debate.
Go Big Red!

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:04 am

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

[/QUOTE]That's possible. Michael Fabiano just Tweeted that if you projected Tebow's point total in his 10 starts over a full season he would rank sixth among QBs. I'm assuming Mike was referring to standard scoring. In the NFFC, he currently is QB11 as a starter in average points per game although he and Rivers are essentially equal in production so he's more like QB10B.

The Broncos reportedly have decided that Tebow will be their starting QB next season. Makes sense given all he's done so far but he can remove any lingering questions with a strong showing on Sunday. I don't think it's an understatement to say this is the most important game he's ever played. He imploded again last week and now the playoffs are on the line. If he rallies like he did after the Detroit game and leads Denver to the playoffs, anything that happens in the postseason will be gravy.
[/QUOTE]This is just my opinion of course but I still think Elway would consider other QB options if given the chance. Even though I'm not sold on Tebow as an NFL caliber QB, I do think that him helping make the Broncos relevant this year deserves a shot as the starter next year. With that said, if they lose this week I wouldn't be surprised if Elway uses that as justification to explore other options. That just may be the out he is looking for.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 am

I think if Tebow plays well Sunday and the Broncos win, there's no other choice for Elway to make but to go with Tebow. He would be smart to bring in a veteran as a backup but the job should belong to Tebow. I would say he's earned that.

CoMo, I agree that if Tebow hadn't imploded last week the season wouldn't be on the line this week. That's why I said it's the biggest game he's ever played in. He needs to prove he can step up in the NFL in a big-game moment with a lot at stake. I'm very interested to see how he does.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 am

The Chiefs will want this game as much as Denver. A chance to deliver the death blow to the Broncos playoff chances (if the Bl and Silver can win) as well as supporting Orton. Should be a fun game to watch. 40s and sunny so the weather won't be a factor. May the better QB win!

As a Raider fan, I am hoping Orton wins this duel.

As a football fan, I think it's time to let the Tebow talk die for a few months. I do not want to see his story dominate the playoffs while there is real football to watch. Go Chiefs!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:42 am

So much for "don't bet against tebow"...lol

It appears boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. is not a big fan of "Tebow Time."

The Las Vegas Review Journal says the buzz on The Strip is that Mayweather bet $1 million that Tim Tebow and the Broncos wouldn't cover the spread against New England two Sundays ago. That indeed proved to be true, as Denver was hammered, 41-23.

Mike Colbert, the Cantor Gaming sports book director at M Resort, wouldn't confirm the wager, but did say Mayweather is "a valued customer who frequents the books quite often."

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:19 am

Kansas City wants this win badly. Many factors point to a Chief victory:

1) The Chiefs can't stand the Broncos. Knocking Denver out of the playoffs in Week 17 would be sweet for them.

2) Romeo Crennel is fighting to retain the Head Coaching job. The players love him, want him to be retained, and play very hard for him.

3) The Chiefs want me to win my bets, and I've made it clear to them that I've wagered heavily on them +3.5 points. The only thing that can jinx that is for Billy to agree that it's a good wager.

4) The Denver defense has weakened and Tebow has become a turnover machine. Their margin of error is too small to still win with these trends.

Even if Denver loses, Tebow deserves to start next year because he's earned it. But that doesn't mean that John Elway still plans to build a team around him for the future. That would require an entire winning season of success next year, in my opinion.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

particra

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by particra » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:20 am

I wanted to believe, but let's be real about it. Tebow blows.