Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

mattjb

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mattjb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:17 pm

He shouldn't start the play-off game.

BillyWaz

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Shrink Attack said a few weeks ago that the "shine has come of the penny".

I think you can now officially call it "rust". I respect the guy's faith and his moxie.....but he isn't an NFL QB.

60 passing yards and 16 rushing yard, 1 fumble, and 1 pick.

You can't build an offense where your QB can't even get 80 total yards. They were at home, and needed this game.

Total fantasy points..... 2.6.

However the "Tebowites" will probably still get to see him in the playoffs.

Steelers-Broncos.....bet the under, even if it is 24.

[ January 01, 2012, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:33 pm

A performance for the ages.

He's simply not NFL caliber, period. If it weren't Tebow, then most would conclude at this point that his career as a starter is over.

I do think Elway will use this opportunity to build his team for the future in a different direction.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:34 pm

And now nobody can say that Tebow always delivers for fantasy, either.

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 pm

I think he has a new floor.

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I think he has a new floor. Well said. Funny how all the "Tebowites" have been fairly non existent on this thread over the last three weeks. Wonder why that is?

To put up three points at home in a game of this magnitude was horrific. If I'm Elway, I start looking for my QB of the future now. That may have been the ugliest stat line that I've ever seen for an NFL QB.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:

To put up three points at home in a game of this magnitude was horrific. If I'm Elway, I start looking for my QB of the future now. That may have been the ugliest stat line that I've ever seen for an NFL QB. I agree. Tebow has been beyond pathetic the last two games and today without question. He's a young QB and young QBs will play poorly but that's the worst performance by a starting QB I've seen all season. Worse than Blaine Gabbert. Worse than Caleb Hanie. Or anyone else.

I think after Denver loses next week Elway should begin making plans to draft his QB of the future next April. Given the strength of the position in this year's class, he should be able to find one even in the latter portion of the first round.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:

To put up three points at home in a game of this magnitude was horrific. If I'm Elway, I start looking for my QB of the future now. That may have been the ugliest stat line that I've ever seen for an NFL QB. I agree. Tebow has been beyond pathetic the last two games and today without question. He's a young QB and young QBs will play poorly but that's the worst performance by a starting QB I've seen all season. Worse than Blaine Gabbert. Worse than Caleb Hanie. Or anyone else.

I think after Denver loses next week Elway should begin making plans to draft his QB of the future next April. Given the strength of the position in this year's class, he should be able to find one even in the latter portion of the first round.
[/QUOTE]Very well said.

Diesel

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Diesel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:38 pm

I told all of you that Tebow can't keep this up and he stinks. ;)

Seriously, it looks like Tebow has been figured out. If defensive coaches have enough film on Tebow now that they can predict what seemed to be unpredictable a few weeks ago, then Tebow-time has come and passed.

I will still root for the guy because it makes for a great story. I still don't know why Tebow has so many haters. Didn't anyone like the movie Rudy? Did some of you root for Rudy to LOSE?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I told all of you that Tebow can't keep this up and he stinks. ;)

Seriously, it looks like Tebow has been figured out. If defensive coaches have enough film on Tebow now that they can predict what seemed to be unpredictable a few weeks ago, then Tebow-time has come and passed.

I will still root for the guy because it makes for a great story. I still don't know why Tebow has so many haters. Didn't anyone like the movie Rudy? Did some of you root for Rudy to LOSE? I don't think most people were rooting for Tebow to lose. At least I wasn't.

He's a great story and a fine human being. The real debate was whether this type of QB play was sustainable in the NFL. I was in the camp that did not believe it would last, and at this point that appears to be the case.

We could still see a miracle next week against Pittsburgh, but I think it's much more likely we'll see another debacle.

Here's a tip: Bet the Under.