Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:48 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I still don't know why Tebow has so many haters.
I get some of it with regard to the over-exposure. It certainly reached idiotic levels. But what puzzled me is how some people refused to give him any credit for what he was doing, both for the Broncos and for his fantasy owners. The lengths people went to ignore the facts was puzzling to me.

The concerning thing that I saw the last two games was the major regression in Tebow's game. He had made some positive strides as a thrower and was making some really good throws. He was still very elementary in the passing game (one-read only most of the time) but many first-time starting QBs are like that. But the last two weeks, he completely imploded. Yesterday was nothing short of an epic debacle.

The problem I see for the Broncos is they're back to Square One with Tebow. Even if he goes off against the Steelers and has a great game, the last two weeks (and the Lions game) will serve as a reminder of just how bad things can get. That's why I think the Broncos need to have someone else to compete with Tebow next season, either a rookie or a veteran free agent. There's far too much risk attached to him to just hand him the job without question.

From a fantasy perspective, he's still as safe as any QB you're going to find despite the pathetic performance yesterday. That was the first time in any game he's played starter's minutes that he wasn't a viable QB1. That's still a very impressive attribute. Every QB has a low floor outside of the elite ones so Tebow's no different there. But there's no denying the risk is back, just like it was after the Lions game when he was close to being benched.

There's no denying his Top 10 fantasy potential but if I was drafting today (thank God we're not), I'd be much more comfortable with him as my QB2 or at best paired with another high-upside QB2 in a QBBC arrangement.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:31 am

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Steelers prepared for the unconventional Tebow all week, and then the Broncos spring Quinn on them at the last second?

Quinn is bad too, but it might be their best chance to win...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'd be much more comfortable with him as my QB2 or at best paired with another high-upside QB2 in a QBBC arrangement. Ahhhh... FINALLY, we have agreement!

[ January 02, 2012, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm

I still believe the offensive game plan and complimentary players are not best suited for Tebow's game. If you watched the game, the Broncos best success were the option and end around plays involving the WRs. They were running the ball 95% of the time with Tebow under center. Teams have adjusted to Tebow's game, as everyone knew they would, but Denver has not adjusted accordingly. Some of it is due to lack of personnel and some of it is due to the fact that Tebow has severe flaws in his game. But, you can still be successful with him as a QB, with the right supporting cast. In the off season, watch for Denver to pick up a top WR and a pass catching RB. Also, they need to improve on their defense. YES, their defense. They played a good game yesterday against a bad offense in KC. Von Miller was invisible yesterday. They had no big plays on defense.. a special teams fumble.. thats it. They gave the stat that it was about 45 straight possessions starting on their own side of the field prior to that fumble. That is the defenses fault, not causing any turnovers, not the offense. Denver actually ran the ball effectively with McGahee yesterday. You can say what you want about Tebow and how horrible he is, but no one said he was that good in the first place. All that was said was, he is a low end QB1 in fantasy (and he was, up until yesterday) and was winning games on a bad team. And yes, Denver is an average team who has made the playoffs because Tim Tebow, Willis McGahee, and their defense won them 8 games this season. I support the guy because he is easy to root for and an underdog and I will continue to say, he will be a success in this league.

[ January 02, 2012, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:15 am

I feel the same way about Tebow now as I did after the Lions' meltdown - rock-solid QB1 who I'd feel better having as my QB2 if possible whose future as an NFL starter is completely unknown but difficult to project positively given how poor of a passer he is. He responded well after the Detroit game so we'll see what happens against the Steelers in the playoffs.

The biggest concern I see is this is the worst Tebow has played as a starter. Even against Detroit, he was still able to put points on the board despite all his mistakes (which, of course, made him very viable for fantasy as a QB1). But I saw nothing positive against the Chiefs. He threw poorly and added nothing as a runner. At the very least he needs to make an impact as a runner but he didn't even do that against Kansas City. It certainly won't be easy for him against Pittsburgh either given the strength of the Steelers' defense.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:40 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
I still believe the offensive game plan and complimentary players are not best suited for Tebow's game. If you watched the game, the Broncos best success were the option and end around plays involving the WRs. They were running the ball 95% of the time with Tebow under center. Teams have adjusted to Tebow's game, as everyone knew they would, but Denver has not adjusted accordingly. Some of it is due to lack of personnel and some of it is due to the fact that Tebow has severe flaws in his game. But, you can still be successful with him as a QB, with the right supporting cast. In the off season, watch for Denver to pick up a top WR and a pass catching RB. Also, they need to improve on their defense. YES, their defense. They played a good game yesterday against a bad offense in KC. Von Miller was invisible yesterday. They had no big plays on defense.. a special teams fumble.. thats it. They gave the stat that it was about 45 straight possessions starting on their own side of the field prior to that fumble. That is the defenses fault, not causing any turnovers, not the offense. Denver actually ran the ball effectively with McGahee yesterday. You can say what you want about Tebow and how horrible he is, but no one said he was that good in the first place. All that was said was, he is a low end QB1 in fantasy (and he was, up until yesterday) and was winning games on a bad team. And yes, Denver is an average team who has made the playoffs because Tim Tebow, Willis McGahee, and their defense won them 8 games this season. I support the guy because he is easy to root for and an underdog and I will continue to say, he will be a success in this league. How u gonna deflect to denver's defense and von miller? They only gave up a TD to the chiefs and tebow could only muster 3 points against them at HOME..that's pathetic. Now the defense has to create turnovers to make up for tebow's offensive shortcomings because 7 pts allowed isn't enough...classic....lol

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:41 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I told all of you that Tebow can't keep this up and he stinks. ;)

Seriously, it looks like Tebow has been figured out. If defensive coaches have enough film on Tebow now that they can predict what seemed to be unpredictable a few weeks ago, then Tebow-time has come and passed.

I will still root for the guy because it makes for a great story. I still don't know why Tebow has so many haters. Didn't anyone like the movie Rudy? Did some of you root for Rudy to LOSE? tebow is more rudi poo than rudy in the nfl

mattjb

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mattjb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 am

Didn't think a Tebow thread should be on the 'devils number' of posts.

Tebow like Jesus is being tested by God. This is Tebows '40 days in the desert'

Steelers beware - the testing of tebow is nearly over! :D

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
I still believe the offensive game plan and complimentary players are not best suited for Tebow's game. If you watched the game, the Broncos best success were the option and end around plays involving the WRs. They were running the ball 95% of the time with Tebow under center. Teams have adjusted to Tebow's game, as everyone knew they would, but Denver has not adjusted accordingly. Some of it is due to lack of personnel and some of it is due to the fact that Tebow has severe flaws in his game. But, you can still be successful with him as a QB, with the right supporting cast. In the off season, watch for Denver to pick up a top WR and a pass catching RB. Also, they need to improve on their defense. YES, their defense. They played a good game yesterday against a bad offense in KC. Von Miller was invisible yesterday. They had no big plays on defense.. a special teams fumble.. thats it. They gave the stat that it was about 45 straight possessions starting on their own side of the field prior to that fumble. That is the defenses fault, not causing any turnovers, not the offense. Denver actually ran the ball effectively with McGahee yesterday. You can say what you want about Tebow and how horrible he is, but no one said he was that good in the first place. All that was said was, he is a low end QB1 in fantasy (and he was, up until yesterday) and was winning games on a bad team. And yes, Denver is an average team who has made the playoffs because Tim Tebow, Willis McGahee, and their defense won them 8 games this season. I support the guy because he is easy to root for and an underdog and I will continue to say, he will be a success in this league. How u gonna deflect to denver's defense and von miller? They only gave up a TD to the chiefs and tebow could only muster 3 points against them at HOME..that's pathetic. Now the defense has to create turnovers to make up for tebow's offensive shortcomings because 7 pts allowed isn't enough...classic....lol [/QUOTE]How about giving the Chiefs defense some credit, or was there not another team on the field? Last time I checked, the Chiefs defense stopped Green Bay's all time greatest QB, Aaron Rodgers.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
Green Bay's all time greatest QB. Brett Favre's retired.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich