Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 am

Think the NFL isn't privately thrilled Tebow's still alive? The first Pats-Tebows game set a record for CBS. Yesterday's Tebows-Steelers game was the highest-rated Wild Card game in 24 years. Early estimates say as many as 45 million people may have seen the game-winning pass in overtime.

There's no denying the fact Tebow's a big NFL story.

[ January 09, 2012, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 am

Tebow set records on Twitter too:

darrenrovell darren rovell
Tebow shatters sports tweets/second record. There were 9,420 tweets/second on OT play. Women's WC Final had 7,196 tweets/second.

Tebow tweets/second (9,420) beat out Royal Wedding (3,966), Bin Laden Raid (5,106) & Steve Jobs Death (6,049)

Tweets/second for Tebow yesterday (9,420) vs Tweets/second at height of last year's Super Bowl (4,064)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 am

Before Tom and I turn the Demaryus/Mendy thread into a Tebow one, I thought I'd copy my post from there to here.

Your opinion. FWIW, unlike those who are feeling good today and telling us we don't know anything about football, I hope you noticed that I took a higher road during his meltdown the past 3 games?

But seriously, saying Denver beat the defending AFC champs or top defense when they were obviously without key players is a bit of a reach. I mean really, if your beloved Packers make it to the Super Bowl again but Rodgers gets the flu and doesn't play, can we all say "and they beat the defending champs"??? :rolleyes:

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I mean really, if your beloved Packers make it to the Super Bowl again but Rodgers gets the flu and doesn't play, can we all say "and they beat the defending champs"??? :rolleyes: Of course. The Packers are the defending champs until someone beats them. If Rodgers gets hurt on the first play of next week's game and the Giants go on to win they will have beaten the defending champs. I see no reason to minimize their accomplishment.

Tebow can't control who is on the field for the opposition. The fact of the matter is the Steelers won 12 games, had the league's best defense, the most experienced team of anyone in the playoffs, were favored by nearly everyone and lost. A big reason why they lost is Tim Tebow. It strikes me as nothing short of bizarre why people continue to go to such great lengths to avoid giving Tebow any credit or praise when he does something good.

And make no mistake, what he did yesterday was definitely something good. If Andy Dalton had done the same thing, people would be bending over backwards to praise his work against the defending conference champs. But when it's Tim Tebow it suddenly becomes less about what he does and more about what the opposition has or doesn't have or what they did or didn't do.

Tebow played a very good game yesterday and it came in a big-time situation against one of the top teams in the league.

[ January 09, 2012, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 am

I agree that Tebow had some good plays and continues to show great poise. But once again their defense also played great.

We'll have to agree to disagree on my Rodgers analogy. I'd put an * next to a game like that and definitely wouldn't consider the Giants to have beaten the defending champs. On paper maybe, but to give them the same credit when their opponent was without key players is minimizing the contribution of these studs, IMO. Though I do understand that some people want to sensationalize things a bit more than reality.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:11 am

Well I don't think the Steelers' losses yesterday equates to the Packers losing Rodgers. And it's not like the Broncos were completely healthy either. Losing Decker was pretty big. No Brian Dawkins was a gigantic absence.

That's the deal at this time of the season. Hard to find a team that still has everyone completely healthy.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am

Agreed that most teams are banged-up by now. But if we're being honest, the Steelers were much more injured than Denver.

Why not just revel in the victory for what it was instead of trying to hype it into more via labels that may no longer be relevant? :confused:

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I mean really, if your beloved Packers make it to the Super Bowl again but Rodgers gets the flu and doesn't play, can we all say "and they beat the defending champs"??? :rolleyes: Of course. The Packers are the defending champs until someone beats them. If Rodgers gets hurt on the first play of next week's game and the Giants go on to win they will have beaten the defending champs. I see no reason to minimize their accomplishment.

Tebow can't control who is on the field for the opposition. The fact of the matter is the Steelers won 12 games, had the league's best defense, the most experienced team of anyone in the playoffs, were favored by nearly everyone and lost. A big reason why they lost is Tim Tebow. It strikes me as nothing short of bizarre why people continue to go to such great lengths to avoid giving Tebow any credit or praise when he does something good.

And make no mistake, what he did yesterday was definitely something good. If Andy Dalton had done the same thing, people would be bending over backwards to praise his work against the defending conference champs. But when it's Tim Tebow it suddenly becomes less about what he does and more about what the opposition has or doesn't have or what they did or didn't do.

Tebow played a very good game yesterday and it came in a big-time situation against one of the top teams in the league.
[/QUOTE]I disagree....Tebow has got far more praise for his work than Andy Dalton, even tho Dalton has been better.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 am

I don't believe it's hype to say the Broncos beat a 12-win team that had the No. 1-ranked pass defense and was the defending conference champs. Those are all facts. It's not as if people weren't expecting the Steelers to do well in the playoffs. They were viewed in many circles as one of the conference's top Super Bowl contenders.

The reason why they're not a contender anymore?

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

[ January 09, 2012, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:24 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well I don't think the Steelers' losses yesterday equates to the Packers losing Rodgers. And it's not like the Broncos were completely healthy either. Losing Decker was pretty big. No Brian Dawkins was a gigantic absence.

That's the deal at this time of the season. Hard to find a team that still has everyone completely healthy. I think losing Decker actually helped tebow...they were never on the same page all season. I doubt Decker makes that 1st corner end zone catch...let's not forget Eddie Royal had over 1000 yards his rookie season..then for some reason denver let him rot the next few years. I think the Steelers losses were worse than losing Aaron Rodgers as we saw what Matt Flynn can do in that system...never lose sight that majority of big games are won in the trenches. With that said, tebow and denver took advantage of the injuries and poor coaching.