Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 am

Tebow and Decker did have a nice connection early. I don't think either Decker or Royal are strong starting WRs but I think Decker's better than Royal. That was a nice catch he made on the TD but I think a lot of that was Tebow. He showed trust in Royal to get open and make the catch. If you watch the play again, you'll see Tebow threw the ball when Royal was still running his route. That's the kind of thing some of us were talking about. You can't only throw the ball when a receiver is open. You have to trust that your receiver will get open and make a play. Tebow did that very well on the TD to Royal and Royal made the play.

Kevin Kolb could learn a thing or two from how Tebow played yesterday.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I mean really, if your beloved Packers make it to the Super Bowl again but Rodgers gets the flu and doesn't play, can we all say "and they beat the defending champs"??? :rolleyes: Of course. The Packers are the defending champs until someone beats them. If Rodgers gets hurt on the first play of next week's game and the Giants go on to win they will have beaten the defending champs. I see no reason to minimize their accomplishment.

Tebow can't control who is on the field for the opposition. The fact of the matter is the Steelers won 12 games, had the league's best defense, the most experienced team of anyone in the playoffs, were favored by nearly everyone and lost. A big reason why they lost is Tim Tebow. It strikes me as nothing short of bizarre why people continue to go to such great lengths to avoid giving Tebow any credit or praise when he does something good.

And make no mistake, what he did yesterday was definitely something good. If Andy Dalton had done the same thing, people would be bending over backwards to praise his work against the defending conference champs. But when it's Tim Tebow it suddenly becomes less about what he does and more about what the opposition has or doesn't have or what they did or didn't do.

Tebow played a very good game yesterday and it came in a big-time situation against one of the top teams in the league.
[/QUOTE]I disagree....Tebow has got far more praise for his work than Andy Dalton, even tho Dalton has been better.
[/QUOTE]Same goes for Cam Newton. Tebow got much more hype, although Newton was superior and a much better foundation QB.

The difference is that Tebow won games and got his team in the playoffs. You do have to give the man credit for doing that. But I'd much rather have Dalton or Newton as a franchise QB.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 am

Its so funny how these Tebow bashers never give him credit. First, it was that he hadn't beat a great defense. Then, he beats a great defense, but they didn't have all of their players...Hilarious... but whatever... Yes the Denver D should get some credit, but they gave up 23 points, and TEBOW scored 29 points on Polamalu and Harrison, both were in the game, last time I checked. The NFL had finally caught up with Tebow and figured him out, but maybe Tebow and Denver figured out what everyone was doing and had an answer! Bottom line is, every one of you Tebow haters (except Shrink, who at least was man enough to admit it) will never give him credit, because for some reason, you figure out a way to diminish his accomplishments. He passed for 316 yards and 2 TDs (also ran for 1) against the best rated passing defense in the NFL. Denver was without one of Tebow's favorite targets and Pittsburgh was without a few players, but had its best players in the game and Tebow was nearly perfect on every one of his long pass plays, even in very tight coverage.. Oh and 38 fantasy points... not bad

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:58 am

Paul, I STRONGLY disagree with the belief that Tebow has gotten more hype than Newton. Cam has been a media darling since Week 1 and justifiably so. He's going to be the runaway winner for Rookie of the Year. I don't think anyone is saying they'd rather have Tebow over Newton.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
Its so funny how these Tebow bashers never give him credit. First, it was that he hadn't beat a great defense. Then, he beats a great defense, but they didn't have all of their players...Hilarious... but whatever... Yes the Denver D should get some credit, but they gave up 23 points, and TEBOW scored 29 points on Polamalu and Harrison, both were in the game, last time I checked. The NFL had finally caught up with Tebow and figured him out, but maybe Tebow and Denver figured out what everyone was doing and had an answer! Bottom line is, every one of you Tebow haters (except Shrink, who at least was man enough to admit it) will never give him credit, because for some reason, you figure out a way to diminish his accomplishments. He passed for 316 yards and 2 TDs (also ran for 1) against the best rated passing defense in the NFL. Denver was without one of Tebow's favorite targets and Pittsburgh was without a few players, but had its best players in the game and Tebow was nearly perfect on every one of his long pass plays, even in very tight coverage.. Oh and 38 fantasy points... not bad All good points, Al. The Broncos beat one of the teams many considered to be a top Super Bow contender in the AFC. Had the Broncos lost, I'm 100% positive those not giving Tebow his due now would have said he failed against a good team. Only when the Broncos win does Pittsburgh suddenly go from being a top Super Bowl contender to a shell of themselves. Quite odd.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by TR:
I mean really, if your beloved Packers make it to the Super Bowl again but Rodgers gets the flu and doesn't play, can we all say "and they beat the defending champs"??? :rolleyes: Of course. The Packers are the defending champs until someone beats them. If Rodgers gets hurt on the first play of next week's game and the Giants go on to win they will have beaten the defending champs. I see no reason to minimize their accomplishment.

Tebow can't control who is on the field for the opposition. The fact of the matter is the Steelers won 12 games, had the league's best defense, the most experienced team of anyone in the playoffs, were favored by nearly everyone and lost. A big reason why they lost is Tim Tebow. It strikes me as nothing short of bizarre why people continue to go to such great lengths to avoid giving Tebow any credit or praise when he does something good.

And make no mistake, what he did yesterday was definitely something good. If Andy Dalton had done the same thing, people would be bending over backwards to praise his work against the defending conference champs. But when it's Tim Tebow it suddenly becomes less about what he does and more about what the opposition has or doesn't have or what they did or didn't do.

Tebow played a very good game yesterday and it came in a big-time situation against one of the top teams in the league.
[/QUOTE]I disagree....Tebow has got far more praise for his work than Andy Dalton, even tho Dalton has been better.
[/QUOTE]Same goes for Cam Newton. Tebow got much more hype, although Newton was superior and a much better foundation QB.

The difference is that Tebow won games and got his team in the playoffs. You do have to give the man credit for doing that. But I'd much rather have Dalton or Newton as a franchise QB.
[/QUOTE]I will give you Newton as most likely a better franchise QB, though who knows if he will ever bring his team to the promised land. Dalton was good this year, but the jury is still out on him after a horrible playoff game. Tebow brought a team on the brink of collapse, into the playoffs, then they beat the defending AFC champions. There is no way to tell if any of these guys will be great, but going into the divisional playoff round, only one of them remains..... TEBOW!!!!!

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

[/QUOTE]I will give you Newton as most likely a better franchise QB, though who knows if he will ever bring his team to the promised land. Dalton was good this year, but the jury is still out on him after a horrible playoff game. Tebow brought a team on the brink of collapse, into the playoffs, then they beat the defending AFC champions. There is no way to tell if any of these guys will be great, but going into the divisional playoff round, only one of them remains..... TEBOW!!!!!
[/QUOTE]It's true that he's still standing while Dalton, Newton, and Matt Ryan have cleaned out their lockers.

Seeing Ryan collapse with a whimper and then watching Tebow lead such a dramatic win has softened me a bit on him. The name of the game in the NFL is to win, and Tebow did that yesterday.

The thing for me with Tebow now is that he's too unpredictable. I'm done betting against him, but I would never bet on him, either.

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

[/QUOTE]It's true that he's still standing while Dalton, Newton, and Matt Ryan have cleaned out their lockers.

Seeing Ryan collapse with a whimper and then watching Tebow lead such a dramatic win has softened me a bit on him. The name of the game in the NFL is to win, and Tebow did that yesterday.

The thing for me with Tebow now is that he's too unpredictable. I'm done betting against him, but I would never bet on him, either.
[/QUOTE]Tebow seems to suck when he is expected to win...when there is no pressure and nobody expects much from him is when plays his best....alot easier to succeed under those type circumstances..similar to bad teams who pull off upsets near end of season when the pressure is off...still very inconsistent and I wouldnt trust him as a qb 1

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:25 am

TR, I think Tebow was under immense pressure yesterday. It's very possible his NFL starting career was on the line. If he had another dog of a game, I don't see how the Broncos could have committed to him as the 2012 starter. There were reports - which I believe were accurate - that he could have been benched if he struggled. This was exactly like the Raiders game where he was on the verge of being benched only to rise up like the Phoenix and deliver a terrific performance.

I think there has been a lot of pressure on Tebow since he got the starting job because so much hype surrounded him and so many of his fans are fanatical about him. I think he's handled the pressure very well. He hasn't always played well (although the Broncos obviously have done well overall with him as the starter) but he has shown a unique ability to play his best when things matter most and when the pressure of the moment has intensified. That really can't be denied.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:34 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Paul, I STRONGLY disagree with the belief that Tebow has gotten more hype than Newton. Cam has been a media darling since Week 1 and justifiably so. He's going to be the runaway winner for Rookie of the Year. I don't think anyone is saying they'd rather have Tebow over Newton. In that case, can you point me to the 50 page Newton thread so that I can post there?

Yes, Newton is liked by the media and will get Rookie awards. And I agree that few, if any, would take Tebow over Newton.

But to say that Tebow hasn't gotten more hype than Newton doesn't ring true with me.