How is the online draft software working?

Money

Post by Money » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:32 am

I have participated in three slow drafts. I think the software is excellent. I like the two buttons. I've actually used them both with no problem. There has not been one issue in three slow drafts.

The one thing I'd like to see changed is that when you auto pick the auto pick is removed for the next round. I think more people would use it. This point is mute for the real drafts yet to come.

The NFFC got it right with this software.
Joe

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 am

I think we should encourage more people to play who can't figure out two buttons...

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
I think we should encourage more people to play who can't figure out two buttons... LOL, thats just what happens when you start drafting in July with no labor agreement in sight. You dont care what button you push, as long as you are drafting.

RoadKing

Post by RoadKing » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:06 am

Only one draft so far but it was a breeze from a functionalty standpoint. Issues (missed pick, wrong pick etc.) were handled in seconds by Tom. No software gliches.
I would like to have the option to leave drafted players in the list (grayed out) and I would like to be able to veiw the draft board while drafting without leaving the page.
Very smooth draft.

Thanks Tom

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 am

One draft button orf two really doesn't make a difference for me.
At least for slow drafts, the one thing that is absolutely needed is the flexibilty to predraft one round only. This would go a long ways in speeding those drafts up in, imo; while eliminating a lot of the frustration some drafters are having with the slow pace.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
One draft button orf two really doesn't make a difference for me.
At least for slow drafts, the one thing that is absolutely needed is the flexibilty to predraft one round only. This would go a long ways in speeding those drafts up in, imo; while eliminating a lot of the frustration some drafters are having with the slow pace. This is definitely Priority 1 if we want to take the Slow Drafts to a new level next year. And we do. This is not an easy addition from a programming standpoint, but once it's done it would really, really add to the Slow Draft experience and get folks to play in this format more often. It's something we do have on our off-season To Do list and we'll see if it can be added for baseball. Obviously if it's done in baseball it will be added to football.

There's no doubt there's a good market for Slow Drafts and this is the No. 1 request made by the folks who play in this format the most. Thanks for the ideas and we agree.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
I think we should encourage more people to play who can't figure out two buttons... I nominate this quote for NFFC message boards post of year.
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Question
When in the midst of drafting. If you click to view the draft board will it open a separate window you can toggle back and forth too or do you have to go back and forth using a separate button? Sorry I have never used the new software and am curious before I draft at 6.
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Originally posted by CraigW:
Question
When in the midst of drafting. If you click to view the draft board will it open a separate window you can toggle back and forth too or do you have to go back and forth using a separate button? Sorry I have never used the new software and am curious before I draft at 6. my draft board always opens in a separate window. GL Craig!

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks my buddy Mike is drafting 1 and your 2 who do u want him to leave for you? LOL
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads