Will Stats Changes Impact any Playoff Qualifiers later this week

Dirty Deeds

Post by Dirty Deeds » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:19 pm

With teams celebrating their entry into the playoffs after the Monday Night Game I have just one thought...

Were there any possible Stats scoring changes that may affect who actually gets in the playoffs later this week ?

I think these weekly changes do not come out until Friday...there could be some some very nervous owners that only snuck in by a few points.

I noticed one that would have a possible effect...the 3rd Gronk TD that was first listed as a reception then changed to a run. When I looked at it on replay it sure did NOT look like a lateral to me. If rescored this would give a lot of Tom Brady owners another 6 points.

Has anyone else noticed a questionable play that might rescore and get a fantasy owner to step off the ledge and back in the window...or push another over ?

Sincerely Dirty,
Deeds

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:25 pm

I don't see this week being any different than any other week, which means Week 13 results aren't official until all scoring updates have been made by Elias. I guess it could change the standings and thus we'll have to adjust as well. Good luck all. Let's hope Elias makes these changes official sooner rather than later.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:36 pm

I am in an OC league that is finishing with 3 teams tied at 9-4 and all within ten points of each other. None of us are the point leader which means that only one of us will win cash and move on to the big money round.

I trail the leader by 1 point and would love/hate to back door my way in with a scoring change by Elias.

Greg - say there is a scoring change and I gain one point or he loses one point and we tie after 13 weeks, is there a tiebreaker? I could not find one in the rules?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

jimchristie

Post by jimchristie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
I am in an OC league that is finishing with 3 teams tied at 9-4 and all within ten points of each other. None of us are the point leader which means that only one of us will win cash and move on to the big money round.

I trail the leader by 1 point and would love/hate to back door my way in with a scoring change by Elias.

Greg - say there is a scoring change and I gain one point or he loses one point and we tie after 13 weeks, is there a tiebreaker? I could not find one in the rules? If after 13 regular season games, teams are tied for first place, second place or third place, the following tiebreakers will be used in this order:

Total points through 13 weeks
Head-to-head won/lost record against the tied teams (if three or more teams, it's cumulative wins against those common opponents)
Highest point total from Week 13
Highest point total from Week 12
Highest point total from Week 11 down to Week 1 in order
Lowest draft spot

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm

thanks Jim
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King