SNAKE Catches Auction Fever

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Diesel: I'm just bustin chops. It was good to catch up with you.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Gekko, when you threw the beer mug, it was on. You drew first blood. Those topless waitresses trying to break us up was classic though. I think Tom K. took pictures.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:23 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...as has been documented ad nauseam here, in a 14 team league format, EVERYONE is weak somewhere on draft day...and if nothing else, after participating in four years of the NFFC's drafts one can safely state that EVERYONE has different strategies when drafting, that's a given...as for one's true intentions (whether to do what you believe was best for your squad or fuckGekko), well only YOU know what they were....SNAKE My intentions were to win 100K. It was a tough call. If you saw my draft board, you'd understand. Don't kill me for taking Philip Rivers as my backup. Kill team 12 for taking CHICAGO's DEFENSE in round FIVE!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:27 pm

Snake, I'll post my auction team tomorrow. I have to go reflect on my round 9 pick in my slumber. Later dude.

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 pm

Truth be told, I like the pick given what was available at that point. He's great insurance and you never have to worry about him hurting you. I can certainly understand GG being upset but it seems like a prudent pick to me.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 pm

I just want to thank Johnny for "screwing" me on Calvin. Still makes me laugh thinking about what happened. Glenn....was really cool meeting you and hanging out.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GriffithVT

Post by GriffithVT » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:53 am

Hey Snake,

Was in your draft today. I had the 1st pick. I think you put together a real nice team. Your starting WR's are as good as it gets in a 14 team league. I think you got a steal with Schaub when you did am high on Jacoby Jones also.

I drafted by phone. Wife was due today so could not take any chances. I have played in NFFC since it's beginning.

The 3rd RR made an impact, no question. I had the 1st pick in NFFC last year and know I won my league because of it. Huge difference when your 3rd pick is 29 as compared to 42.

Man I could not believe how RB's were jumping off the board. I had to take Kevin Jones as a handcuff to Tatum Bell at 8-1 out of fear of no one being left. Bell scares the hell out of me by the way.

My team is very questionable, alot of injury risks and risks in general. This season is one of the toughest drafts I've seen in a long time. Its tough with the RBBC that is going on.

Here is my far from a masterpiece squad:

QB's- Cutler, Garrad (Yes I know let the laughter begin)
RB's- LT, J. Lewis, T. Bell, K. Jones, Buckhalter, M. Morris
WR's- Holt, R. Moss, E. Kennison, S. Smith (Giants), B. Johnson, Baskett (A scary possibly season killing crew of ragtags)
TE- Heap, V. Shiancoe
K- Mare
Def-Chargers

My draft just didn't feel that good. We shall see.

Good luck.
Mark "Cobra Kai"
The Gstar!

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:30 am

Deisel, looking at your squad, I do think Rivers could be a mistake. Drafting him and having on your bench for the entire season (except for one game) isnt necessarily a good thing. In a league with no trading the great backup QB is not as valuable, in my humble opinion. Your wideouts are tremendous but instead of Rivers you could have gone for a RB(much needed but not sure who was on the board), a better TE or better defense. Without knowing who was on the board though I guess my opinion could be inaccurate.