Post by RiFF » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:06 am

LV $650. Auction

QB: Ben R., Rex G

RB: Caddy, J Lewis, M Robinson, L Booker, C Henry, C Sapp

WR: S Smith(CP), Chad Johnson, D Branch, R Moss, D Bowe, J Avant

TE: T Heap, D Graham

K : Elam

D : Balt.

My first Auction also and KJ, BigMo, Capt Hook and others were pleased to give me a lesson...lol. It was a lot of fun and I'm only a couple quality waiver wire RB's away from competing. :D

Hard heads

SNAKE Catches Auction Fever

Post by Hard heads » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:22 am

QB:Palmer,Garcia

RB:DeAngelo,Barber,K.Jones,Chatman,Booker,Leonard
Selvin Young(last $7 that should've been spent better)

WR:A.Johnson,Branch,Bennett,Curtis,Holmes,
Jones(GB)

TE:Witten

K:Rackers

D:Chargers

Thoughts? This was my first live auction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Draft Patrick ... if KJones produces (didn't go PUP) ... you have a top team ... great first draft.

UYT How is that a top team with no true RB1 and only one true WR1? I don't do auctions, but I am sure that this team will find it very hard to compete.

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:57 pm

Auction in LV

QB- Brees, Pennington, Jamie Martin

RB- S. Alexander, Edge, Portis, W. Dunn, M Morris

WR- S Moss, Stallworth, G. Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Joe Horn

TE- V. Davis

K- Vineteri

D- Pittsburgh, Seattle

If the young WR come through for me, I think I will like my chances to do well

Soupdog

dcc1973

Post by dcc1973 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Chicago auction

QB - V Young, B Favre

RB - L Maroney, T Jones, L White, V Morancy, S Morris, M Robinson

WR - C Johnson, J Cotchery, D Stallworth, M Clayton (Bal), D Henderson, P Crayton

TE - A Crumpler, D Martin

K - J Brown

DEF - Patriots

I really like my team here, with a top 2 WR and great depth at the position. Thomas Jones is the key to the team.

dcc1973

Post by dcc1973 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:14 am

Snake - two main reasons - comfort and time

People generally like the comfort of making picks in a draft format, and it helps the less experienced owners. You have to have true values and pay attention on every players in an auction, wheras in a draft you can have a number of minutes to plan your next pick.

A good auction takes much longer than a draft (usually 2 - 3 times as long). I personally don't understand why a lot of folks don't want to extend one of the best days of the year, but constantly hear folks complain about the length of my local auction leagues.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:50 am

I believe a major factor is the element of luck. In a contest as large as NFFC there are not enough players who are willing to depend solely on their skill too win. They want the "opportunity" to luck into a favorable draft slot and have an advantage (perceived or otherwise) on the league before the draft even starts. It also may play into that "Christmas Morning" feeling from childhood, as they anticipate that favorable draft slot. Additionally, very few players have actually ever done an Auction which obviously creates an uneasiness about the unknown. These same players are probably justifiably concerned that they would be at an extreme disadvantage against the experienced Auction participant. And of course the logistics of doing 8 or 10 Auction Leagues simultaneously would be very different than doing the same number of serpentine drafts.
But, this is what I found so enticing about "Auctioning" off draft slots with the bidding of future points; it brought in a small element of the Auction process but maintained the serpentine draft. But, of course it eliminated both the luck and Christmas Morning factors. I would be extremely surprised to see an Auction format be introduced on a large scale in the foreseeable future. Although I agree Snake, as another 1st time participant, its a fun and interesting format.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:09 am

Weber's Auction

QB Vince Young

RB. Portis
RB. Ahaman Green
RB> Betts

WR. Javon Walker
WR. Roy Williams
WR. Larry Fitzgerald
WR. Santana Moss
TE. A. Crumpler

Kickers and Defense doesnt' matter.

i wanted more depth at RB, but i like my team. our league was tough.. no good receivers went for less then 35
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com