SNAKE Catches Auction Fever

Captain Hook

SNAKE Catches Auction Fever

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:42 pm

Originally posted by Kodiak Killerz:
I was in the Friday Auction in Tampa along with my wife. It was a pleasure competing against all of you. Here is the roster we have. A little light on the backups for rb position. Let me know what you think. Remember this was our first time we competed in the NFFC.

QB - P. Rivers
M. Leinart

RB - W. Parker
R. Johnson
N. Davenport
M. Bush (Who will be dropped)

WR - A. Boldin
C. Chambers
D. Stallworth
E. Wilford
T. Ginn Jr.

TE - T. Heap
G. Olsen
T. Scheffler

Def - Raiders
Texans ( J.Jones returning kicks)

K - M. Stover
D. Akers

Let me know your thoughts. Kodiak - a few questions/pointers for you.
First a nice first effort, but...
1) Why three TE? Especially with a stud like Heap - if you have a second TE (and that is optional) it should just be someone who has a good matchup in Week 8 (but you could roster some upside RB in the meantime and just get one of the FA list in Week 7/8)
2)The same with kickers - if you like Stover better, he has a Week 8 bye and you could pick up a replacement later (if you like Akers better and Stover had a great matchup in Wk 5, maybe, but I would rather "look" at some RB/WRs for a few weeks.
3) The same is true with the defenses UNLESS you worked on their schedules and are planning on alternating them for matchups (but neither are that good by themselves in this scoring system and the fact that Jones is returning kicks doesn't really help one of the lower scoring defenses in the league)
4) Your QB and RB are very good - need some more RB. Unfortunately the same is not true of your WR after Q - although some of them may develop

Good Luck