NFFC Profile - Jules McLean

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey,

WHAT A SHOW! JULES WAS AWESOME!!

If you get a chance guys, login, add our show as a favorite, and rate our show. We also break down our NFFC team every week.. We got HAMMERED this week by the Cutler and Marshall show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/redvsblue/ ... -Episode-4

Thanks everyone! GO JULES!!!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:23 am

Team Legacy , great show this week as i listened this mourning.Jules did a great job and some great fantasy talk.Also like your sleeper wide out this week.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Team Legacy , great show this week as i listened this mourning.Jules did a great job and some great fantasy talk.Also like your sleeper wide out this week. Thanks Eddie. I think we're all predicting Bowe and Gonzo to do well, but there are some in the KC camps that think Bradley's skill set rivals Bowe.. Now, in no way do I think that, but I'm guessing there will be enough balls to go around in that game, that he'll likely have a decent day. 10 point low side - 20 point high side.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:06 am

Scott,

Great job as always. Jules is like no other. But one thing Jules forgot to say is how she came to drafting those 5 core players, I'll just say it was one of my PM's to her. Of course I don't have any of them on any of my teams. :D They were each taken one pick before me. ;)

Again Great season Jules and take down the big $,$$$,$$$.

John

[ November 08, 2008, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:42 am

Awesome bio Jules!

Two questions:

1) Have you always targeted rookie wideouts on draft day?

2) What's in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction? -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:50 am

Originally posted by Z-Men:
Awesome bio Jules!

2) What's in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction? -z- Her fantasy cheat sheets!!

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:03 am

2) What's in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction? -z- From IMDB:

Speculation abounds as to the nature of the mysterious glowing contents of the case: - Could it be Elvis's gold suit, seen worn by Val Kilmer (as Elvis) in True Romance (1993)? - The most persistent theory (most usually attributed to a friend of a friend who saw it posted on a message board by someone whose brother had read a report of a radio interview with Tarantino himself) is that it is Marcellus Wallace's soul. The story goes that when the Devil takes a person's soul, it is removed through the back of the head (this isn't part of any known religion, but this is what the message board posters say). When we see the back of Marcellus's head he has a Band-Aid covering the precise spot indicated by tradition for soul removal. Perhaps Marcellus sold his soul to the devil which would also explain why the combination to open the briefcase is 666. - Quentin Tarantino has said that the band-aid on the back of Marsellus Wallace's neck had nothing to do with an allusion to the Devil stealing Marsellus's soul... but that the actor Ving Rhames had a scar on the back of his neck he wanted to cover up. - Or could it be simply a 20-watt light bulb? - According to Roger Avary, who co-wrote the script with Quentin Tarantino, the original plan was to have the briefcase contain diamonds. This seemed neither exciting nor original, so Avary and Tarantino decided to have the briefcase's contents never appear on screen; this way each filmgoer could mentally "fill in the blank" with whatever struck his or her imagination as best fitting the description "so beautiful". The orange light bulb (projecting shimmering light onto the actors' faces) was a last-minute decision and added a completely unintended fantastic element. - In a radio interview with 'Howard Stern' in late 2003, Quentin Tarantino was asked by a caller the contents of the briefcase, and he answered, "It's whatever the viewer wants it to be."
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:33 am

Just watched Grindhouse, as the credits were rolling I thought hey let me look for that NFFC powerhouse, sure enough Julie McLean asst. to Mr. Tarantino, that must be an awesome job to have...

If it was cheatsheets in the breifcase then what made them glow? Was it the names Colston and Hester who at the time were 2 years old?

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 am

Awesome bio Jules!

Two questions:

1) Have you always targeted rookie wideouts on draft day?

2) What's in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction? -z- Re: Rookie wideouts on draft day.

This has often been a discussion over the years. I was always on the side of - DONT draft rookie WR's. I have a friend that always argued the opposite - "The best players will produce - even if they are rookies. I think it IS changing. It used to be that rookie WRs NEVER were big fantasy producers. R. Moss was like the only one for years. I think this has changed over the last few years. (Colston, Calvin Johnson, and now this year !) Is it a trend ? Will it continue ? You should not just cross off a WR because he is a rookie anymore.
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 am

Actually Calvin Johnson wasnt that big a fantasy player his rookie year.Colston was a monster and this year Eddie Royal has been a stud and Desean Jackson has been worth a 8th round draft pick.Still most rookie wideouts take a year.I will stay away from rookies myself but this year i did go after Desean Jackson but with Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis out Jackson in my eyes had value because he had to play.Jackson also had a nice preseason.Avery has had some big games but two stinkers the last two week's.I will probably stay away from rookie wide outs but once in a while one hit's big.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!