NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by thegambler » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I know they believe that promoting this through FFToolbox will bring in a lot of new customers -- which would be great for our entire space -- but that is a free content site and converting those users to high stakes games is never easy. We know that first-hand through our experiences.

I told someone yesterday I never heard of FFToolbox. I thought I heard of everyone, guess not. They must have one heck of a mailing list...
[/QUOTE]i guess you never heard of emil kadlec either???
[/QUOTE]Emil is my friend.

Not sure your point...please enlighten me. Does Emil own FFToolbox? I don't think so...
[/QUOTE]defensive aren't we.....figured if you never heard of the site maybe you never heard of emil either.....it is a pretty popular site.

can't be much of a freind if you are trashing his new site already
[/QUOTE]This is a ridiculous return comment. I think Jules knows Emil pretty well and she's not trashing anything. If anyone is defensive it's you. I'm with Jules, honestly I'd never heard of FFToolbox before now. Glad it's popular and hopefully more folks enter the HSFF space through them. But if thousands of HSFF players have been there all this time and haven't found the other contests, then obviously we all were doing something wrong.

Now treat our ladies and all members on the boards a bit nicer.
[/QUOTE]hilarious response greg....thanks for chimming in.

i think if she wanted too she could respond to me. i didn't know she needed "big brother" to save her....lol

[ February 15, 2012, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

RedRyder

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by RedRyder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 am

Originally posted by thegambler:

I know they believe that promoting this through FFToolbox will bring in a lot of new customers -- which would be great for our entire space -- but that is a free content site and converting those users to high stakes games is never easy. We know that first-hand through our experiences.

I told someone yesterday I never heard of FFToolbox. I thought I heard of everyone, guess not. They must have one heck of a mailing list...
[/QUOTE]i guess you never heard of emil kadlec either???
[/QUOTE]Emil is my friend.

Not sure your point...please enlighten me. Does Emil own FFToolbox? I don't think so...
[/QUOTE]defensive aren't we.....figured if you never heard of the site maybe you never heard of emil either.....it is a pretty popular site.

can't be much of a freind if you are trashing his new site already
[/QUOTE]This is a ridiculous return comment. I think Jules knows Emil pretty well and she's not trashing anything. If anyone is defensive it's you. I'm with Jules, honestly I'd never heard of FFToolbox before now. Glad it's popular and hopefully more folks enter the HSFF space through them. But if thousands of HSFF players have been there all this time and haven't found the other contests, then obviously we all were doing something wrong.

Now treat our ladies and all members on the boards a bit nicer.
[/QUOTE]hilarious response greg....thanks for chimming in.

i think if she wanted too she could respond to me. i didn't know she needed "big brother" to save her....lol
[/QUOTE]Actually, I appreciate Greg's comments. Shows that an industry leader hasn't heard of FFToolbox either!

Trashing Emil's new site? By this do you mean his new contest? Hardly. In fact, Ian asked if they could post my picture and bio on their new site, it's been there for at least a mont, along with other top fantasy players.* They might have acquired FFToolbox, so maybe that indeed is now Emil's site. If Emil does own it, I'll be sure to let him know the pros and cons of that site

Defensive, I don't think so, but I won't begrudge you your opinion, no matter how ignorant it is! ;)

* I wil be playing multiple NFFC Mains (both in person and online) and I imagine the number of DCs I do will go up significantly.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:32 am

Big brother? I'm old enough to be her dad!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ry's Guys

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 am

I can't imagine how any of this is very constructive. Why don't we focus on this event and making it better. I'm not slamming anyone for bringing this up but it is dominating the board.

How about we talk about what the NFFC can offer and not the alleged short comings of another contest that hasnt signed up one player!

How about a constructive discussion on how to save the Chicago portion of this contest? I mean honestly the last two years I played an extra online ME instead of traveling the 10 miles to the live event. The parent company is in Illinois yet this event is still a redheaded stepchild. I don't get it.
Pat Sorge

alanr824

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by alanr824 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I can't imagine how any of this is very constructive. Why don't we focus on this event and making it better. I'm not slamming anyone for bringing this up but it is dominating the board.

How about we talk about what the NFFC can offer and not the alleged short comings of another contest that hasnt signed up one player!

How about a constructive discussion on how to save the Chicago portion of this contest? I mean honestly the last two years I played an extra online ME instead of traveling the 10 miles to the live event. The parent company is in Illinois yet this event is still a redheaded stepchild. I don't get it. It is not dominating the board, it is one thread. You bring up many things that should be discussed. The fact that this thread is happening is as a concern for the industry. Sorry you don't want to hear it, but no one said you had to read it. If Greg wants to shut down discussion of this topic, that's fine. But this is why these message boards exist.. to listen to opinions and ideas on many different topics. Sorry its not the topic you are interested in talking about, but what is happening with other contests will strongly effect all of us in the industry, especially if it is a high profile contest that ends up hurting (or helping)the industry. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Doesn't mean you have to like it or read it.

Ry's Guys

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:

How about a constructive discussion on how to save the Chicago portion of this contest? I mean honestly the last two years I played an extra online ME instead of traveling the 10 miles to the live event. The parent company is in Illinois yet this event is still a redheaded stepchild. I don't get it. It is not dominating the board, it is one thread. You bring up many things that should be discussed. The fact that this thread is happening is as a concern for the industry. Sorry you don't want to hear it, but no one said you had to read it. If Greg wants to shut down discussion of this topic, that's fine. But this is why these message boards exist.. to listen to opinions and ideas on many different topics. Sorry its not the topic you are interested in talking about, but what is happening with other contests will strongly effect all of us in the industry, especially if it is a high profile contest that ends up hurting (or helping)the industry. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Doesn't mean you have to like it or read it.
[/QUOTE]Al,

With all we have going on here it surprises me that one second would be wasted on promoting other contests and then breaking them down. That was my point. Sorry you don't want to hear it, but no one said you have to read it.

Careful here comes another of my opinions please skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to read this...I don't see it as a positive when the proprietor of this contest writes about their competitors business. Let's face it there is no one on these boards in February who doesn't know the ills that Wcoff brought on this industry. We all have to be very careful where we invest our money every year with this hobby we spend thousands of dollars on. This is not news.

So go back to your unproductive talk and we'll worry about those other issues some other day. Back to the regularly scheduled pissing matches.
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 am

Pat, my options are to either delete the thread like others have done when talk about competing events arise or allow the conversation to flow with some useful facts. I agree, I think we've explored this subject enough and NOBODY here wants to see another WCOFF. So we probably can move on from this debate here, but I have no problem with it on our boards.

Heck, it allowed me to jump into that site and do the math on all of the contests. I'm not sure anyone here would have done the math and realized that they need 2,000+ participants to fulfill their $500 contest. Either way, good luck to them and like you say let's improve our contest here.

As for Chicago, I'm open for discussion on how to improve that venue. I'll start up a separate thread today to discuss the Midwest venue if you'd like. We have some of our best NFFC veterans that attend Chicago each year and they even have created some social gatherings before the drafts that have become legendary. Yet the Windy City keeps dropping in participation, not only for the NFFC but the NFBC as well. What can we do better to draw in Chicago?

Don't answer that here. I'll start a new thread for that. Plus I want to figure out whether we need two weekends of drafts in the Midwest for the NFFC. We'll do it if demand warrants it. After all, there are no red-heads in the Ambrosius family and I certainly don't want one in the NFFC family. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kentucky

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by kentucky » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:30 am

Can't help but respond and say there are a few of us anxiously awaiting to hear what the options are going to be for Chicago next year... :cool:
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Jersey Dawg

NEW DIE HARDS LEAGUE

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:21 am

Greg - thanks for doing the math. You were dead on right when we talked privately about the wcoff and wcofb. You have every right to pitch in and discuss the business side of any contest. You also have the business experience to back up your opinion.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vegas this September!

Pete