Rules Proposals For 2008

Diesel

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Diesel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:37 am

I like the idea of -2 for INT's AND fumbles lost...As long as the defenses get +2 for INT's and fumble recoveries.

I also like the idea of the "opportunity" to pay extra money in the Auction format, to enter an end of the season Auction tournament for all league winners to compete. Or even all playoff teams for that matter. This way, you can lose your league, but still be in the hunt for the "overall" Auction event prize.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BONGIZMO

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:44 am

I am definately on board for consistency across the turnover realm. if the D gets 2 than the player giving up should be penalized equally.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BillyWaz

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:46 am

Originally posted by weber:
LEAGUE STRUCTURES CHANGE WHICH IM SURE (MAYBE NOT EXACTLY) BUT EVERYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN.. THIS IS JUST MY SUGGESTION:

1. Individual Leagues. Run the leagues (all of them) like you run the auction leagues and some of the satellites in terms of individual team money. Top 2 get byes after 13 weeks. You can give money if you want to these 2 teams as well (can be worked out), next 4 based on head to head and points play week 14. Then weeks 15 and 16 you complete the playoff. You award money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. (This keeps alot more people interested in their leagues through 13 weeks. gives alot of people chances at money and doesn't take away from the big 100k prize which i will address below:

2. Main Event Championship. Make it very simple. This 100k should go to the team with the most points. I wouldn't open up a chance after 13 weeks to everyone but in this year's situation, after 13 weeks, you simply take the top 50 or 60 scoring teams and put them in the Main Event Tournament. Period. There shouldn't be automatic bids so to speak and this eliminates teams who have an easy head to head during regular season. The 100k prize should go to one of 50 or 60 teams that has best point total after 13 weeks.

These 2 rules kill 2 birds with one stone. It keeps interest alive with head to head in individual leagues and awards the very best for the 100k prize. So in effect you could win the 100k and not win money in your individual league.

Just a suggestion: This is like trying to re-invent the wheel IMO. Other leagues are there for almost 1/2 the teams to get in WAY more luck in "who wins" when you invite almost 1/2 the league IMO.

I do like the auction proposal of paying a little more.

Some questions...

1) Would it be a 3 week total points for EVERYONE (or just playoff teams)?

2) Would you carry your average or start fresh?

3) $100 extra bucks a person would make a nice side pot.

Shrink Attack

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:56 am

1) I'm in favor of -2 points for both INT's and Fumbles, since all TD's are 6 points. Any scoring system that allows 6 INT's in one game to be surpassed by a single 1-yard TD pass (6.05 points) must be changed. If Passing TD's were only 4 points, then I might have a different opinion.

2) Since Elias makes stats changes as late as Thursday, it hurts the Event to not consider those changes. A deadline of either Friday morning or Friday noon seems reasonable to me.

3) This is the rule I'd really like to see changed: I think that Team Defenses really get short-changed in the "points allowed" formula. Shutouts in the NFL are rare, and should nicely rewarded. And to only get 8 points by allowing nothing but a field goal all game? And to get only 4 points for allowing 10 points all game? Heck, a WR gets 4 points for a single 30 yard reception in garbage time.

And consider this: Team Defenses get penalized when that team's OFFENSE allows a turnover to be returned for a score. So I think we should either eliminate that type of score as counting against the Team Defense, or we should modify the current point system.

[ December 25, 2007, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:37 am

Leave fumbles at -1.

It's too big of a drag on scores to go to -2. QB's will get killed and quite often, they fumble because of a great hit, and not their own fault.

-2 for INT's should start at INT #2.

A mulligan of one per game should be allowed as many balls are tipped by DB's, LB's or WR's and not the fault of the QB.

Plus, everyone wants -2 for the guys that throw many in a blow out loss, and this is still
achieved.

0-1 INT = 0
2 INT = 2
3 INT = 4
4 INT = 6
5 INT = 8

My son played in a YAhoo league with -2 for fumbles and INt's and QB's scored negative points for the day way too many times.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

londog7

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by londog7 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:38 am

I would be in favor of at least (-2) points for INT'S. I think an argument could be made for (-3) points since QB's get 6 points per touchdown. I'm always bugged as well when a QB has a horrible game NFL-wise and still lights it up on the fantasy board.

I couldn't disagree with moving back the stat changes until Thursday.
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

Inf4life

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Inf4life » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:06 am

Paul hit the nail on the head for me. Defenses should not get charged points if the offense turns the ball over for a score. I never understood that. The defense is on the sidelines while the QB throws a pick 6 and they get penalized. A lot of fantasy points are lost because of that. I would be all for the -2 INT's and fumbles also. But the defensive scoring is what I would like to see change the most. Just my .02
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

weber7777

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by weber7777 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:11 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
LEAGUE STRUCTURES CHANGE WHICH IM SURE (MAYBE NOT EXACTLY) BUT EVERYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN.. THIS IS JUST MY SUGGESTION:

1. Individual Leagues. Run the leagues (all of them) like you run the auction leagues and some of the satellites in terms of individual team money. Top 2 get byes after 13 weeks. You can give money if you want to these 2 teams as well (can be worked out), next 4 based on head to head and points play week 14. Then weeks 15 and 16 you complete the playoff. You award money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. (This keeps alot more people interested in their leagues through 13 weeks. gives alot of people chances at money and doesn't take away from the big 100k prize which i will address below:

2. Main Event Championship. Make it very simple. This 100k should go to the team with the most points. I wouldn't open up a chance after 13 weeks to everyone but in this year's situation, after 13 weeks, you simply take the top 50 or 60 scoring teams and put them in the Main Event Tournament. Period. There shouldn't be automatic bids so to speak and this eliminates teams who have an easy head to head during regular season. The 100k prize should go to one of 50 or 60 teams that has best point total after 13 weeks.

These 2 rules kill 2 birds with one stone. It keeps interest alive with head to head in individual leagues and awards the very best for the 100k prize. So in effect you could win the 100k and not win money in your individual league.

Just a suggestion: This is like trying to re-invent the wheel IMO. Other leagues are there for almost 1/2 the teams to get in WAY more luck in "who wins" when you invite almost 1/2 the league IMO.

I do like the auction proposal of paying a little more.

Some questions...

1) Would it be a 3 week total points for EVERYONE (or just playoff teams)?

2) Would you carry your average or start fresh?

3) $100 extra bucks a person would make a nice side pot.
[/QUOTE]just like main event, you'd carry your average and have a 3 week playoff between those in the end of auction tournament...
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

RiFF

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by RiFF » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:02 pm

Not that I believe its material, but I'd favor -2 for Int's and fumbles.

King of Queens

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
2. There has been a suggestion to allow official scoring changes past Wednesday at noon EST. For whatever reason, Elias does make changes on Thursday's, so I understand the passion to change the official deadline. That being said, having finality at a reasonable time during the week is also good. Again, I'll listen to the debate and we can make this change soon.Greg, I had some good conversations last month with NFL.com and the Elias Sports Bureau. I have learned that our Wednesday 12pm deadline will almost never incorporate the weekly stat changes -- Elias makes their final weekly revisions on Wednesday afternoon, and then submits these to NFL.com either late Wednesday or early Thursday. To wit, here is a listing of the dates and times that changes were posted in 2007:

Week 2: Thu Sep 20 11:39am
Week 3: Fri Sep 28 5:19am
Week 4: Thu Oct 4 12:20pm
Week 5: Thu Oct 11 12:10pm
Week 6: Thu Oct 18 2:36pm
Week 7: Thu Oct 25 10:36am
Week 8: Thu Nov 1 11:39am
Week 9: Thu Nov 8 10:08am
Week 10: Thu Nov 15 12:19pm
Week 11: Thu Nov 22 2:53am
Week 12: Thu Nov 29 9:56am
Week 13: Thu Dec 6 11:46am
Week 14: Thu Dec 13 12:27pm
Week 15: Thu Dec 20 10:52am

I believe based on this information we can come up with an appropriate deadline that will not interfere with free agent pickups or first-game-of-week deadlines. I would propose the following timetable:

Weeks 1-11 (no free agent pickups before Friday 9pm, no early games) -- stat change deadline is Thursday 6pm

Weeks 12-13 (Wednesday free agent pickups, Thursday games) -- stat change deadline is Wednesday 6pm. This will most likely not incorporate all the changes for the week, but is necessary for the early FAAB deadline

Weeks 14-16 (no FAAB, Thursday games each week) -- stat change deadline is Thursday 6pm

In reviewing the weekly changes, most would not be relevant to the NFFC (e.g. 2 players getting 1/2 a sack becomes 1 player getting a whole sack). However, every point can be critical -- I lost by 0.25 in Week 12 in the Ultimate League, and missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

Let's try to get this change implemented for 2008.