Rules Proposals For 2008

BillyWaz

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:39 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Go getta had a good run and should be applauded for their team management skills and their success!!

Winning the 100K requires a lot of things to go right, and yes, LT2 (draft slot #1) did play a role in their 100K success. We all may differ on how much he contributed to their success, but he WAS one of the reasons they one.

Again, good job guys! Agreed, he was ONE of the reasons, but certainly not the sole reason he won.

Now if a Brady owner would have won, that might be a little different.... :eek:

Kind of ironic that we have had two dominating fantasy performances by players the last two years in the NFL (LT-2006, Brady-2007), yet neither 100K winner had them on their team.

[ December 26, 2007, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:44 am

I like the -2 for qb int and the elias scoring change deadline move to thursday night.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Sound Advice

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 am

-1 for int is fine.
-1 is bad enough on a hail Mary or one tipped by the wr.
-2 would blow.
minus points suck.

An obvious change should be when your player scores on a punt return or kick-off return. (6)
I got 6 from Curtis (x4) when he fell on a fumble, Sweet!
On a kick-off or punt return, when you are risking a major injury, I think you deserve the 6 if you take it to the house.

Inf4life

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Inf4life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:23 am

As a lot of people have said, it was not LT that led us to the championship. He only played the first half in the last two weeks!! He still scored 43 points total in those two weeks. Imagine if he had've played the second halves of those games. He probably would've scored at least 40 in each. Then you can say LT helped lead us. But being as it is, he was a factor in the playoffs and during the season, but not the sole reason. He only had one breakout game during the season and that was against the Raiders. We really relied on other people such as Witten, Watson, Plax, Engram, Colston and Anderson. Keep 3RR, it's not a problem at all. If you have a good draft then it will not matter what postition you draft from.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

mikeybok

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by mikeybok » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:06 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
As a lot of people have said, it was not LT that led us to the championship. He only played the first half in the last two weeks!! He still scored 43 points total in those two weeks. Imagine if he had've played the second halves of those games. He probably would've scored at least 40 in each. Then you can say LT helped lead us. But being as it is, he was a factor in the playoffs and during the season, but not the sole reason. He only had one breakout game during the season and that was against the Raiders. We really relied on other people such as Witten, Watson, Plax, Engram, Colston and Anderson. Keep 3RR, it's not a problem at all. If you have a good draft then it will not matter what position you draft from. You don't need to defend your win against the critiques who attribute it to LT. LOL ... I didn't hear a peep about LT dominating the FF world all year ... until he got hot(warm) at the right time. You obviously did great with your FAAB (any knowledgeable FF player can CLEARLY see that). If a 14th pick had won it all ... some would be talking about how 3RR makes the draft unfair to the first pick ... LMAO.

Again ... NICE win ... you deserve it!
Hakuna Matata!

pizzatyme

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:08 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Here's a proposed change that will never fly. We need to go to a Bonzai draft. 3RR just doesn't go far enough to even the playing field.

The winner of both NFFC and WCOFF drafted from the #1 slot and had LT.

Say what you want, but not even monster years from teams that had Brady/Moss/ADP or some combination of the 3 could compete when it came down to it.

I know this will be the unpopular suggestion as most fall in marching order, but I wanted to offer it. ummmm.. the guy that won here had monster week from NYG, Stecker, K.Watson and D.Anderson. They all outscored (play 4+ qtrs in 2 weeks) LT, Week 16. Three of those guys were FAAB bids. What in the HELL does that have to do with the DRAFT, 3RR, or BONZAI?

He did not win because he drafted first. He won because he managed his team best and his players came through when it counted.
[/QUOTE]Couldn't agree with this more John. LT WAS NOT the reason that he won the 100K. All the 3RR naysayers will say 3RR didn't matter, but as I have stated before, it is ONE year.

Give it some time, and then we will see if 3RR truly works or not. NO ONE would like to be judged on their ability solely after one season, yet some people want to judge 3RR after just one.

I simply don't get it. :confused:
[/QUOTE]What is not to get? LT was a major part of the reason their team got the the Championship round. I'm not saying he is the reason they won.

I'm also not judging 3RR after only 1 season.

Management made a choice to go to 3RR for a reason. They could have just as easily chosen Bonzai. I'm sure you'd be defending Bonzai just the same if they had chosen it.

Many of us have played 3RR and Bonzai. Many prefer Bonzai. That doesn't mean everyone would. It also doesn't mean 3RR is wrong.

I just don't feel that 3RR goes far enough to balance the draft. Especially in a 14 team format.

Curious Billy, have you ever played in a league using Bonzai? If so, what was your experience with it?

Go Gettas deserves ALL of the credit for winning this season. I am not trying to take anything away from them.

All I was doing is proposing a rule change.

Like I said in my previous post, there are those on this board that will defend the management's decisions, regardless of what they may be. Therefore, nothing that anyone offers to the contrary will be well received.

Take my suggestion with a grain of salt. But, I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest it and later "whined" about the format.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:12 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
As a lot of people have said, it was not LT that led us to the championship. He only played the first half in the last two weeks!! He still scored 43 points total in those two weeks. Imagine if he had've played the second halves of those games. He probably would've scored at least 40 in each. Then you can say LT helped lead us. But being as it is, he was a factor in the playoffs and during the season, but not the sole reason. He only had one breakout game during the season and that was against the Raiders. We really relied on other people such as Witten, Watson, Plax, Engram, Colston and Anderson. Keep 3RR, it's not a problem at all. If you have a good draft then it will not matter what postition you draft from. To clarify, I am not criticizing your win at all. You won and did it by using all facets of team management.

I pointed out that both the NFFC and WCOFF had LT on their rosters. That is not a coincidence to me.

If a team can start with the advantage of having an LT and then compound it with great roster management, then they will be very tough to beat. Even in a year that produces what teams with Brady/Moss/ADP have done.

Kudos for the win. You know I already had congratulated you even before the Chargers game in a PM. So, my post is in no way an attack on your team.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mikeybok

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by mikeybok » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:17 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
What is a Bonzai draft?

Essentially, the 3rd round is flipped like in 3RR, but unlike what we're doing now, the serpentine order that follows doesn't flip. The draft order looks like this:

1-12
12-1
12-1
12-1
1-12
12-1
1-12
etc Thanks Shrink ... Hmmmm

I could see that ... but it might be too much for the end rounds.

Either way ... 3RR looks like a winner for Greg/Tom ... as it didn't make the 1st pick too weak like some had suggested when it was implemented! Nicely done NFFC.

[ December 26, 2007, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

weber7777

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by weber7777 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:43 am

Originally posted by weber:
LEAGUE STRUCTURES CHANGE WHICH IM SURE (MAYBE NOT EXACTLY) BUT EVERYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN.. THIS IS JUST MY SUGGESTION:

1. Individual Leagues. Run the leagues (all of them) like you run the auction leagues and some of the satellites in terms of individual team money. Top 2 get byes after 13 weeks. You can give money if you want to these 2 teams as well (can be worked out), next 4 based on head to head and points play week 14. Then weeks 15 and 16 you complete the playoff. You award money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. (This keeps alot more people interested in their leagues through 13 weeks. gives alot of people chances at money and doesn't take away from the big 100k prize which i will address below:

2. Main Event Championship. Make it very simple. This 100k should go to the team with the most points. I wouldn't open up a chance after 13 weeks to everyone but in this year's situation, after 13 weeks, you simply take the top 50 or 60 scoring teams and put them in the Main Event Tournament. Period. There shouldn't be automatic bids so to speak and this eliminates teams who have an easy head to head during regular season. The 100k prize should go to one of 50 or 60 teams that has best point total after 13 weeks.

These 2 rules kill 2 birds with one stone. It keeps interest alive with head to head in individual leagues and awards the very best for the 100k prize. So in effect you could win the 100k and not win money in your individual league.

Just a suggestion:
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by weber7777 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:44 am

by way, i agree, LT wasn't reason Go won.. congrats in doing a great job with your free agents and management.. i got wacked with injuries this year but i wasn't happy w. my management.. i blame myself for my failure this year.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com