Originally posted by Route C:
How about the top 3 spots go to:

1)Best record
2)Points
3)Record
4)Points
5)Points
6)Points
I would be COMPLETELY behind this RC. The name of the game is to SCORE POINTS. The H2H is out of your hands.

4 spots for points and 2 for record, it sounds logical to me! :D

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:43 am

If I could change one thing about the auction it would be the playoff qualifiers. I think it's lame to award the final 2 spots to the 2 remaining best records.
i don't think it's lame at all. i actually like it. we DO play a H2H format. if you can't get in the playoffs under the current structure, you don't deserve to be in.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:52 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
If I could change one thing about the auction it would be the playoff qualifiers. I think it's lame to award the final 2 spots to the 2 remaining best records.
i don't think it's lame at all. i actually like it. we DO play a H2H format. if you can't get in the playoffs under the current structure, you don't deserve to be in.
[/QUOTE]I really can't believe you of all people would say this. Haven't you dogged the H2H format since year one?

Maybe you've had a change of heart. You are entitled to your opinion. I just wonder why you're switching sides. Is it because you've had difficulty scoring points lately? :D

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:55 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
we DO play a H2H format.
[/QUOTE]Are you suggesting we award the top 6 records a playoff spot since "we DO play a H2H format" ? :confused:

pizzatyme

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:00 am

Why can't the H2H format be a means to an end? If most consider H2H as somewhat random luck, then allow for the H2H winner to get in and then top 2 points accumulators. But to make a blanket statment saying if you can't get in with the current system, then you don't deserve it is being a little obtuse in my humble opinion.

That's like saying if you couldn't get in before 3RR was adopted, then you didn't deserve it. 3RR was put in because, I'm assuming, it made sense for the masses.

If it is decided that a rule gets changed, then everyone has an equal chance within the new rule.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:02 am

I really can't believe you of all people would say this. Haven't you dogged the H2H format since year one?

Maybe you've had a change of heart. You are entitled to your opinion. I just wonder why you're switching sides. Is it because you've had difficulty scoring points lately? :D no switching sides, i'm dealing in reality here. as long as the powers-at-large have these formats H2H based, it would be ridiculous to reward less than 3 teams based on record.

Seed #1: Most total points
Seed #2: Best h2h record (not counting total points)
Seed #3: Next most total points
Seed #4: Next most total points
Seed #5: Next best h2h record
Seed #6: Next best h2h record (tie-breaker is total points)

again, if you can't get in with the above format, you don't belong in the playoffs. i guess we know where you fell :D

geez, maybe everyone should make the playoffs :rolleyes:

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:06 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
we DO play a H2H format.
[/QUOTE]Are you suggesting we award the top 6 records a playoff spot since "we DO play a H2H format" ? :confused:
[/QUOTE]RC - in my first post about this, I said I liked the current structure. You are slipping RC!!!!!

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:08 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
But to make a blanket statment saying if you can't get in with the current system, then you don't deserve it is being a little obtuse in my humble opinion.
Russ - we are talking about 6 teams making the playoffs. If you can't get with 6 chances, you don't deserve to be there.

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:15 am

I think this would be better seeding:

#1 best all-play record
#2 best h2h record
#3 next best h2h record
#4 most points
#5 next most points
#6 best remaining all-play record

The team most deserving of a top seed is without doubt the best all-play record in a H2H league; likewise the last team chosen, and least-deserving of being shut-out of a playoff spot, should be the best remaining all-play record.

I would also like to see best all-play record get one of the top three payouts in the overall contest (at least 3rd place money).

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:17 am

Duke - what happened to KISS?

On a completely different note, how was the auction last night?