Rules Proposals For 2008

King of Queens

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:23 am

Originally posted by Nag':
One thing I'd like to say with regards to Weeks 12-13. I think the importance of getting the stats right every week FAR OUTWEIGH the risk that a post-waiver stat change would impact a matchup and have an impact on the owner's BB decisionmaking in those 2 weeks (I assume this is the reason for your suggestion of the deadline being on Wednesday). I say make the deadline Thursday night EVERY week. As I've mentioned in the past, Antsports and WCOFF have allowed stat changes after their BB run for years and I have never heard it being an issue. Making sure a team gets their righfully earned points is the most important goal. Everything else is secondary. Nag', you have a good point here. Really, what's more important? The "correct" team getting their FAAB pickup in the unlikely event of a tied bid, or teams getting the correct weekly scoring each and every week?

If everyone could live with the possibility of a Week 11 Win-Loss change on Thanksgiving Day (after the Detroit game has started), then Thursday at 6pm each and every week would do the trick.

BillyWaz

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:47 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
One thing I'd like to say with regards to Weeks 12-13. I think the importance of getting the stats right every week FAR OUTWEIGH the risk that a post-waiver stat change would impact a matchup and have an impact on the owner's BB decisionmaking in those 2 weeks (I assume this is the reason for your suggestion of the deadline being on Wednesday). I say make the deadline Thursday night EVERY week. As I've mentioned in the past, Antsports and WCOFF have allowed stat changes after their BB run for years and I have never heard it being an issue. Making sure a team gets their righfully earned points is the most important goal. Everything else is secondary. If everyone could live with the possibility of a Week 11 Win-Loss change on Thanksgiving Day (after the Detroit game has started), then Thursday at 6pm each and every week would do the trick. [/QUOTE]The problem I see with a 6:00 deadline is would these be GUARANTEED to be changed by the 8:00 game on every Thursday after Thanksgiving?

2 hours to get anything that needs changed just doesn't seem like enough time.

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:15 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
How about this to determine main event league champions?

#1 seed - Best H2H record
#2 seed - Most points
#3 seed - Best all-play record

3-week points playoff for the lge championship, second place and third place lge payouts? Works for me. Anything to help take down the H2H. I love that Greg put in the playoff but there is still always better teams being left out. Or the fact that the H2H guy is still getting a shot at a gift.
[/QUOTE]See my "submitted for approval" thread.

all play will never be used in the main event...
[/QUOTE]As a tertiary element only, I have no idea why it couldn't be used.

Captain Hook

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:45 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

#2 seed - Most points

Have the 3-week points playoff among these teams for all league payouts (championship, 2nd & 3rd). I also would have all three of these teams making the overall championship round. WINNER, WINNER - CHICKEN DINNER

King of Queens

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:55 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
One thing I'd like to say with regards to Weeks 12-13. I think the importance of getting the stats right every week FAR OUTWEIGH the risk that a post-waiver stat change would impact a matchup and have an impact on the owner's BB decisionmaking in those 2 weeks (I assume this is the reason for your suggestion of the deadline being on Wednesday). I say make the deadline Thursday night EVERY week. As I've mentioned in the past, Antsports and WCOFF have allowed stat changes after their BB run for years and I have never heard it being an issue. Making sure a team gets their righfully earned points is the most important goal. Everything else is secondary. If everyone could live with the possibility of a Week 11 Win-Loss change on Thanksgiving Day (after the Detroit game has started), then Thursday at 6pm each and every week would do the trick. [/QUOTE]The problem I see with a 6:00 deadline is would these be GUARANTEED to be changed by the 8:00 game on every Thursday after Thanksgiving?

2 hours to get anything that needs changed just doesn't seem like enough time.
[/QUOTE]Imagine if you had Kurt Warner this week (or your opponent had Edgerrin James or Brandon Jacbos), and you lost your championship by less than a point.

I can GUARANTEE that you would be one unhappy camper. :D

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:56 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

#2 seed - Most points

Have the 3-week points playoff among these teams for all league payouts (championship, 2nd & 3rd). I also would have all three of these teams making the overall championship round. WINNER, WINNER - CHICKEN DINNER
[/QUOTE]What happens if all three are the same team?

If they are the same team, why have a playoff?

The way it's set up now is best, except add a 3rd team if the h2h champ is not in top 2 scoring.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BillyWaz

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:03 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

#2 seed - Most points

[/QUOTE]I am assuming if someone was fortunate to have best H2H, most points, AND be best in all-play they would win the top prize of $5,000 (and the other 2 teams would fight 3 weeks for the $2,500 and $1,000)?

Certainly would make it difficult to win the $5,000 in the regular season, but personally I like it. ;)

[ December 27, 2007, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:07 am

Not sure what the chicken dinner reference is Perry.

John, doesn't matter if one team leads in all three; there still is a playoff because fantasy football is a 16-week season - leader after 13 weeks doesn't crown a champ, 16 does.

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:09 am

Waz - no, see above, leader after 13 weeks doesn't mean squat, it's just a ticket to the playoffs, same as real football.

skipman

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by skipman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:09 am

Greg,

It is not exactly a rule change but more or a scheduling issue. In Vegas we would like to see each time slot for drafting have a Draft Master and a Auction for the 3 draft times. You might do a $650 Draft Master and Auction in the AM. A $1300 Draft Master and Auction in the PM and a $1950 Draft Master and Auction in the late afternoon. This would allow more flexibiltiy in playing the formats people are interested in.