Rules Proposals For 2008

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:18 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
[/QUOTE]Win the league with your skill, not some fluky ass schedule manipulation.

[/QUOTE]Don't you rely on schedule manipulation when choosing RB's who have soft run schedules...dome games in Dec. etc.....what's the difference....you're still using a known schedule to manipulate your draft.

To me this is splitting hairs. Too much changes during the course of a season to think you can gain a sidnificant advantage. It is however....a nice bit of knowledge to make the draft planning more fun.

I like knowing....but I wouldn't take my ball and go home if I didn't.

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
I really can't believe you of all people would say this. Haven't you dogged the H2H format since year one?

Maybe you've had a change of heart. You are entitled to your opinion. I just wonder why you're switching sides. Is it because you've had difficulty scoring points lately? :D no switching sides, i'm dealing in reality here. as long as the powers-at-large have these formats H2H based, it would be ridiculous to reward less than 3 teams based on record.

Seed #1: Most total points
Seed #2: Best h2h record (not counting total points)
Seed #3: Next most total points
Seed #4: Next most total points
Seed #5: Next best h2h record
Seed #6: Next best h2h record (tie-breaker is total points)

again, if you can't get in with the above format, you don't belong in the playoffs. i guess we know where you fell :D

geez, maybe everyone should make the playoffs :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Actually I made the playoffs but since this is an auction league I'd guess it's a tad more flexible than the main event.

I don't care if 3 H2H teams make the playoffs. I just don't like 2 of them being #5 and #6. My goal is to eliminate the 8th or 9th team in total points from getting into the top 6. How is that fair?

I'd be happy with the top 3 H2H records getting in followed by the next 3 top point teams. Give the top 2 records a 1st round bye if you want....just get the best 6 teams in as often as possible.

Is there something about that you don't like?

[ December 27, 2007, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:40 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
For the overall prize, a race to the finish is fine, but for individual leagues, there has to be some reward BEFORE the playoffs. The reward is, finish in the top 3 and you're assured a payout that gets you to at least breakeven even if you're worst team in the lge over the three week playoff, why isn't that enough?

WCOFF satellites this yr were top 4 in playoffs, H2H for 2 weeks to determine winner-take-all champ. They were very popular.

ANTsports runs a TON of lges, almost every one has payouts based almost entirely on H2H playoff system with nothing to in-season champ. They are very popular.

Sportsline runs a ton of lges which have 4 team H2H winner-take-all playoffs. They have huge number of players.

The NFFC's own auction lges payout based on H2H playoffs. People seem to like those.

I really don't understand why you think only 20% of the fantasy football population would support paying out the top 3 playoff winners when most of the fantasy football playing public plays in leagues that gets them NOTHING if they don't win in the playoffs. And to top if off, we're talking about a 3-week playoff rather than a 1-game playoff, which would be far less "flukey" a victory.

I respect your opinion Waz and if you disagree with me that's fine, but do you really think that 80% of the NFFC population believes the last 3 weeks of the season should be so meaningless? I would think having another team in the league playoff race, one that was very deserving based on having the best all-play record among the thirteen remaining teams, would be very well supported and make those 3 weeks a lot more fun than they are now.

[ December 27, 2007, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...the current NFFC Auction playoff format is the fairest there is ISHO...SNAKE Wait until you have the 5th most points and DON'T make the playoffs.....then we'll see how fair you think it is.

Lance made it into the KP auction playoffs with the 9th most points.

[ December 27, 2007, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
[/QUOTE]Win the league with your skill, not some fluky ass schedule manipulation.

[/QUOTE]Don't you rely on schedule manipulation when choosing RB's who have soft run schedules...dome games in Dec. etc.....what's the difference....you're still using a known schedule to manipulate your draft.

To me this is splitting hairs. Too much changes during the course of a season to think you can gain a sidnificant advantage. It is however....a nice bit of knowledge to make the draft planning more fun.

I like knowing....but I wouldn't take my ball and go home if I didn't.
[/QUOTE]Apples to apples please....

Your comparing NFL schedule to NFFC schedule. Not that same thing.

Checking the NFL schedule for the things you mentioned and even more things is and had always been normal.

Trying for a W based MOSTLY on the SCHEDULE, and not YOUR SKILL in picking players for THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY should be avoided if possible.

For every positive rule change made, there are usually multiple benefits, and there is always a minor negative issue that crops up, and this cropped up when KDS was implemented.

Before KDS, this was never an issue, and it should go back to NOT being an issue by mixing up he schedule.

Having someone win a H2H league SIMPLY by avoiding a certain player or two simply is not right.

The goal of a game operator is to create an EVEN playing field, and allowing this now can slightly alter that.

Your need for extra strategy to win is not greater than having the playing field even for all.

[ December 27, 2007, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

RI WORKHORSE

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...the current NFFC Auction playoff format is the fairest there is ISHO...SNAKE Wait until you have the 5th most points and DON'T make the playoffs.....then we'll see how fair you think it is.

[/QUOTE]Snake,

Your my boy but come on :confused:

You know GLY should have been a playoff team.

I got screwed last year's auction, I was a great team with lots of injury. Still was higher scoring then 2-3 teams and didn't make the playoff's. It hurts even worst RC when you track your scores for the three week playoff that you should of been in. And would of cashed.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:50 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]Having someone win a H2H league SIMPLY by avoiding a certain player or two simply is not right.

[/QUOTE]This WILL and always has happened. You are OK with it if it happens randomly but not if someone uses it as a strategy.

I don't really see the difference. The same draft slots will get the charity whether chosen from a KDS sheet or drawn out of a hat.

If the advantage truely is there (not much) then I'd rather see it benefit the owner who used it rather than the lucky numb nut that didn't know who E.Graham was going into the draft.

[ December 27, 2007, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Route Collectors

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:

[/QUOTE]Snake,

Your my boy but come on :confused:

You know GLY should have been a playoff team.

I got screwed last year's auction, I was a great team with lots of injury. Still was higher scoring then 2-3 teams and didn't make the playoff's. It hurts even worst RC when you track your scores for the three week playoff that you should of been in. And would of cashed.
[/QUOTE]I know Johnny....same thing happened to me last year.