LAMAR GORDON

da bears

LAMAR GORDON

Post by da bears » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:31 am

Spending all your free agent money could be costly though. But you never know and that is the beauty of fantasy football
Bauler Shot Caller

FFMadMan

LAMAR GORDON

Post by FFMadMan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:22 pm

He wasn't even available in our league - believe it or not the Chicago #1 was a very tough draft. Just about every remotely useful player was taken (but not Buckhalter, Shipp, and various other useless players). Unfortunately for the big spenders, my prediction (for what its worth) is that you can count on Maurice Smith type numbers from a few years ago when Jamal Anderson got hurt. If he was any good, the Rams would not have drafted Jackson. Not to mention, he gets hurt every year even though he only plays a few snaps. D. Davis has moves- Gordon does not.

JB

LAMAR GORDON

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:49 pm

I agree he can't be compared to D. Davis but he might be useful in the flex spot getting 80-100 total yards and scoring a td every other game or so.

kjduke

LAMAR GORDON

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i love to see the new-proud owners of gordon trying to justify the purchase. I'm with GG and others on this one ... banking your season for FA $'s on an unproven runner behind a line that Ricky Williams could hardly run behind ?

I would bet every team that landed Gordon for 900+ loses their league.

richieprimo

LAMAR GORDON

Post by richieprimo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:03 pm

MadMan. You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth. Faulk has maybe 1 good season left, if that, and the Rams drafted Jackson with their 1st round pick. That tells you all you need to know about Gordon, not to mention that he's now with a team that may have the worst offense in the NFL. Even last year, Ricky the "stoner" only averaged 3.5 YPC with that woeful offense. I can't imagine what makes people think that Gordon is going to be any better than Minor in Miami. I would rather start a Moe Williams or Bettis, who will get you those "punch it in" points. Good luck to the guys that blew their wad on what looks like mediocrity. Plenty of useful players emerge in weeks 2 thru 5, so I'll hold on to my money for a bit. Just my opinion, but I could easily be wrong...it won't be the first time. :cool:

[ September 17, 2004, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Al Swearengen ]
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

BONGIZMO

LAMAR GORDON

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:20 pm

Am I the only one that actually drafted Gordan? :confused: It was just the fact that I truly believed my Fins had not been thrilled with Minor and Morris and would absolutely trade for someone on a deep team. With A-train, and every Minny Back taken so much earlier Lamar was the only potential back on a RB deep team still out there so in Round 18 and also having Faulk it seemed like a good move. I figured there might have been at least some Faulk owners that missed out on Jackson who would have grabbed him figuring an injury might give him at least some touches. Just curious...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

ultimatefs

LAMAR GORDON

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:27 pm

4 teams drafted him
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BONGIZMO

LAMAR GORDON

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:34 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
4 teams drafted him Thanks UFS, was wondering when it seemed he was available in so many leagues.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

seeferman

LAMAR GORDON

Post by seeferman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:41 pm

I guess my purchase price of $747 was a bargain! There are only 13 weeks of bidding (if you don't make the play-offs).

Why keep the money?

lichtman

LAMAR GORDON

Post by lichtman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:45 pm

Seeferman -- THe only reason I can think of to keep the money is to draft good free agents over the 94% of the bidding process that remains.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.