Can this FA drop be allowed?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:06 am

This Friday, I want to drop that bum D.Davis. he is single-handedly costing us points every week. It's bad enough that he is hurt, but when he continues to start games and THEN gets hurt, that is the worst. He gets 2 or 3 pts and then disappears. sorry for the vent, i'm pissed
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:07 am

I feel the same way about Travis Henry!!
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:48 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
This Friday, I want to drop that bum D.Davis. he is single-handedly costing us points every week. It's bad enough that he is hurt, but when he continues to start games and THEN gets hurt, that is the worst. He gets 2 or 3 pts and then disappears. sorry for the vent, i'm pissed I'm sorry about your woes Gordon but NO WAY can you drop Davis this early. I don't know who the top 3 teams in your league are or who holds the upper hand in F/A right now. If one of the top teams has the most cap left, this could REALLY change the game. I know you're ripped about Davis right now but think about the start he had. If he gets healthy in a few weeks and begins to produce once again, it could put some lucky owner over the top. Some teams have carried Dayne,Fargas,S.Jackson etc.. on their rosters all year hoping for 1/2 the production you've gotten from Davis so far. Bench him if you must, but I don't agree with an outright cut.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:18 am

One more thing

With the Texans bye next week he has a chance to get healthy. I don't know what NFL head coaches don't understand about RB's and leg injuries. It seems that if guys like D.Davis, Fargas or whoever were left out until they had sufficiently recovered they would be much more valuable to their teams over the long haul. Gordon I KNOW you're much too smart to cut a guy like Davis. Don't let your emotions get in the way of your brain on this one.

I'll be holding my breath all week, hoping Moss' hamstring heals quickly. Probably cost me my 1st loss when he went out. Down 20 with Pittman going tonight - doesn't look good.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:57 am

Gordon, while I can understand your frustration with Domanick Davis, I think I can speak for Greg in saying we would not allow a Davis drop to go through. He is still a starting RB and to allow a starting RB (and especially one who produced at Davis' level last season and this season prior to his current injuries) could tilt the competitive balance in your league and the entire event. So at this time, I would advise not dropping Davis. I know it sucks, but that's the rule we'd have to make here.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:07 am

Come on, Tom. I need someone to pick up to replace Travis Henry. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:15 am

You mean you didn't draft McGahee? ;)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:27 am

Tom, I know DD won't be dropped, but shouldn't the rule be...

To protect the integrity of the contest, the NFFC will, at its discretion, disallow free agent bidding on certain players if they are dropped.

Such a rule would allow a crazed Gekko to dump his stud out of pique, but not allow that action to disrupt the contest. I feel strongly that players should be able to structure their teams as they see fit under the rules.

The way to implement that rule is to create a list, before the season, of non "returnable" players. That list could be added to as new studs are uncovered. The list would be available on the web site for all participants to review.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:39 am

Tom, McGahee went as the first pick in the 6th round. Didn't have much of a chance to handcuff.

As for JP's suggestion, I agree as this is very doable. Whether you devise a list or simply say anyone drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds can be dropped but will not eligible to be picked up via FA is something that can be decided upon. We have done that in local leagues with the only stipulation being that once that player is dropped, not even the team that dropped him can pick him back up. Makes them think a little bit.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:26 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Tom, McGahee went as the first pick in the 6th round. Didn't have much of a chance to handcuff.

As for JP's suggestion, I agree as this is very doable. Whether you devise a list or simply say anyone drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds can be dropped but will not eligible to be picked up via FA is something that can be decided upon. We have done that in local leagues with the only stipulation being that once that player is dropped, not even the team that dropped him can pick him back up. Makes them think a little bit. Or maybe we can have only the team owners in NY6 be able to pick up Dom Davis on the waiver wire....because I sure as hell wouldnt mind having him on my team ! :D

Damn you JP and that Droughns! :mad:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again