5K Ultimate League

Dyv

5K Ultimate League

Post by Dyv » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:16 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Now, is Dyv partnering with you or are you partnering with Dyv? I don't believe you're a member of the honored Leaderboard Sports fraternity yet. :D You know how the Home Run Derby is "Us" vs. "The World"? I think we need to have an "Us" vs. "Leaderboard Sports" contest around here.

So about that teleconference Ultimate Football thingy...
[/QUOTE]Bring it on, baby - can we do a 14 team league with 7 'world' vs. 7 Leaderboarders?

Let's get it on

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

5K Ultimate League

Post by Dyv » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:34 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Now, is Dyv partnering with you or are you partnering with Dyv? consider this an experiment in coupling two of the best fantasy minds ANYWHERE in the world together to DOMINATE a $5,000 entry league like never before. if i were another owner in this league, i'd be very scared. your money will soon be ours. muuuuhahahahaha [/QUOTE]I called him 59 days in a row until he said yes.

Information is money - we simply feel that his information + my information = more money.

I look at a hundred deals per day - I choose one.

Gordon Dyv

[ July 09, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:34 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
I called him 59 days in a row until he said yes. There ought to be a picture of you in the dictionary under persistence.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:36 am

Ever wonder why most fantasy owners can't beat Dyv and Gekko? Cause they're sheep, and sheep get slaughtered. mmuuhahahahaha!!!

sportsbettingman

5K Ultimate League

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:01 pm

Gotta admit...that's formidable.

Will you share the fame/blame with what happens due to injury?

Good Luck!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Nag'

5K Ultimate League

Post by Nag' » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:28 pm

Lots of downside to this endeavor I see (in my best Yoda voice)

I'd have to root against this "Superduo" for the sheer entertainment value their failure would create on these boards.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

5K Ultimate League

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:52 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Gotta admit...that's formidable.

Will you share the fame/blame with what happens due to injury?

Good Luck!

~Lance I can tell you Gekko won't share the BLAME! He made the excuse that his DraftMasters team finished 6th because Steve Smith (and Reche Caldwell :rolleyes: ) got hurt.

Further look at his team saw him taking TE Gonzalez with pick 2.09 :eek: (when he most likely could have got him at 3.06), and taking the duo of Onterrio Smith and Mo Williams as his "2nd backs" to Edge. Thankfully Brandon Stokely saved him from complete destruction, and at least put him in the middle rather than the back.

Based on that, is Gekko for real, or a fluke? Did his $100,000 team just get lucky? If anyone else drafted the team he took in the DraftMasters, you know he would consider them inept.

You may want to think over your partnership Dyv. ;)

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:15 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Will you share the fame/blame with what happens due to injury?as long as we win $, dyv can have the fame, and i'll take the blame. easy enough.

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:31 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Lots of downside to this endeavor I see (in my best Yoda voice)If you spent as much time practicing your fantasy football techniques as you did your MB wit, you'd rival Master Dyv and myself as a FF owner.

Originally posted by Nag':
I'd have to root against this "Superduo" for the sheer entertainment value their failure would create on these boards. Only the Dark Lord of Fantasy Football knows of our weakness.

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:42 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I can tell you Gekko won't share the BLAME! He made the excuse that his DraftMasters team finished 6th because Steve Smith (and Reche Caldwell :rolleyes: ) got hurt.
it did finish 6th cause they here hurt. if they weren't hurt, id finish higher than 6th. you're not saying anything new here billy. it almost sounds like you're just posting to get some air time with the champ?

Further look at his team saw him taking TE Gonzalez with pick 2.09 :eek: (when he most likely could have got him at 3.06) since Dyv took our pick of westbrook right before our pick, we were left with gonzo or h.ward. based on last year's numbers, we made the right choice. also, there's no saying whether he'd be there at 3.06.

Thankfully Brandon Stokely saved him from complete destruction, and at least put him in the middle rather than the back. dah...complete destruction?!? i came in 6th. please. take away your top wr and you'd finish worse. tell me something i don't know.

Based on that, is Gekko for real, or a fluke? Did his $100,000 team just get lucky? since my 100K team and my auction team lead their respective leagues in points, you decide

You may want to think over your partnership Dyv. ;) ya, i just got a call from Dyv. he said our partnership is over. apparently he found a new partner...BillyWaz. bbbbhahahahaha