Bye Bye D.Davis

Gordon Gekko

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:10 pm

Fantasy News: Texans coach Dom Capers subtly challenged Domanick Davis and the rest of the Houston running game Monday. "They played two-deep coverage, and you have to be able to run the ball against two-deep coverage," Capers said.

Analysis: Davis averaged 3.4 yards per carry. That simply won't get it done. Vernand Morency's time is fast approaching.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Nag'

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by Nag' » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:39 pm

Man, if your dream is to someday charge people for your ""analysis", I sure hope you keep your day job.
For Players. By Players.

Diesel

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by Diesel » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:45 pm

DD is a hard man to own...Last year in the beginning, the Texans were talking about giving J.Wells the starting job...By week 10, DD was tearing it up...He'll make or break you because if you own him, you HAVE to start him.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Gordon Gekko

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:50 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Man, if your dream is to someday charge people for your ""analysis", I sure hope you keep your day job. all the info you get from me on the MB is free.

someday i'll take fantasy sports to a new level. just need to add one more high stakes championship to the resume. maybe the nffc again, perhaps the nfbc, or even the wcoff. maybe i need to get divorced to make it happen, as the mrs isn't too happy about the time i spend on fantasy.

King of Queens

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:55 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
maybe i need to get divorced to make it happen, as the mrs isn't too happy about the time i spend on fantasy.

--------------------
Playing this fantasy football year for:
1) streetwalkers
Hmmm

kjduke

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:55 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Fantasy News: Texans coach Dom Capers subtly challenged Domanick Davis and the rest of the Houston running game Monday. "They played two-deep coverage, and you have to be able to run the ball against two-deep coverage," Capers said.

Analysis: Davis averaged 3.4 yards per carry. That simply won't get it done. Vernand Morency's time is fast approaching. I couldn't agree more.

Main draft/ draft champions/ gekko lge = morency, morency, morency.

King of Queens

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:57 pm

The amazing thing is that Domanick Davis was a Top 10 pick in almost every league. Sure, the receptions are nice, but you had to own him last year to truly appreciate how awful he can be at times.

TamuScarecrow

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:12 pm

News: Texans coach Dom Capers subtly challenged Domanick Davis and the rest of the Houston running game Monday. "They played two-deep coverage, and you have to be able to run the ball against two-deep coverage," Capers said.

Analysis: Davis averaged 3.4 yards per carry. That simply won't get it done. Vernand Morency's time is fast approaching.Didn't GG go through this nightmare last year? But you're right, GG. I'm dropping him in the GEKKO league this week for J. Wells since Morency didn't see the field this week.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

FFMadMan

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by FFMadMan » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:23 pm

Yes - I seem to remember someone who wanted to actually drop Davis last year around week 5. Good thing he wasn't allowed to make that mistake. Genius manifests itself in strange ways.

Gordon Gekko

Bye Bye D.Davis

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:32 am

Originally posted by FFMadMan:
Yes - I seem to remember someone who wanted to actually drop Davis last year around week 5. Good thing he wasn't allowed to make that mistake. Genius manifests itself in strange ways. you guys always beleive everything you read on the MB :D :D