Throwing in the towel

Greg Ambrosius

Throwing in the towel

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
b4 it's over, i believe the H2H format is going to drive me out of most fantasy football contests.

it sucks more and more fun and skill out of this game every year. Hey GG, I honestly don't understand this quote when it comes to the NFFC, so help me along. No matter what your W-L record is in the NFFC, you can still win your league title and the Championship Round by being the best and scoring the most points. So where is the fun being sucked out of this competition?

For instance, if your team really is the best in your league and finishes with the most league points, you still reach your league and overall Championship Round. Yes, you win $2,500 and the h2h champ wins $2,500, but then total points determines the league champ for the remaining $2,500 in Weeks 14-16. So by scoring the most points through 13 weeks and then scoring the most points in Weeks 14-16, you win the whole enchilada, $5,000.

This is a total points league with h2h records. What's the deal? I mean, seriously, if you score the most points -- more than anyone in your league -- you can win all $5,000 of the league prizes. And if you score the most points in the Championship Round, you win the $100,000 grand prize, maybe even twice plus $1 million. What's "unfun" with that? ;)

Oh, and damn I had fun in Arizona. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Throwing in the towel

Post by renman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Good luck Greg,

I already tried...lol

Ok... time for MNF...

Steelers 23
Skins 13

Greg Ambrosius

Throwing in the towel

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
Good luck Greg,

I already tried...lol

Ok... time for MNF...

Steelers 23
Skins 13 I'm not trying to convince anyone, I just think total points is still the indicator of the best team in the NFFC and the setup allows that to happen. But without h2h, some teams would be eliminated from league contention much, much sooner than they would in our current format. It's okay to disagree with that, but just a total points league is boring, as is an all-play league format.

I'm on the Steelers too. Should be an interesting game.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

kapefear

Throwing in the towel

Post by kapefear » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

I will gladly host a cheese and WINE party on sunny CAPE COD for all the whiners.........Bye the way WASHINGTON looks solid right now...

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Hey GG, I honestly don't understand this quote when it comes to the NFFC, so help me along. i don't think i referenced it in terms of the nffc.

maybe you missed one of my later posts about being me very pleased that the nffc has the 10% playoff rule. maybe there will be a groundswelling of support to have a similar rule in the wcoff next year.

all is fine here
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Throwing in the towel

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 pm

Good luck Greg,

I already tried...lol

ya lol!!! lol!!! lol!!! lol!!!

you are too funny ren :rolleyes:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Throwing in the towel

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Hey GG, I honestly don't understand this quote when it comes to the NFFC, so help me along. i don't think i referenced it in terms of the nffc.

maybe you missed one of my later posts about being me very pleased that the nffc has the 10% playoff rule. maybe there will be a groundswelling of support to have a similar rule in the wcoff next year.

all is fine here
[/QUOTE]Ahhhhh, my bad. I just started reading from the start and didn't realize 5 pages of a thread was about another contest on our boards. ;) Got it now.

renman

Throwing in the towel

Post by renman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 am

We have the proper balance now the way things are. That is my primary point. My secondary point is that the vast majority of fantasy football players in the world like H2H and would bore quickly of a total points only format and it would also lead to more quitter teams.

mikeybok

Throwing in the towel

Post by mikeybok » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:53 am

My secondary point is that the vast majority of fantasy football players in the world like H2H Weird ... my data is different on Fantasy Football players in Aruba and Ecuador contradicts this. :eek:

Are you sure you didn't just mean to speak for all FF player's in the US or North America ... not the Whole world. :rolleyes:

Your gift of knowing what everyone else "in the whole world" thinks continues to amaze me. :confused:

First you tell Gekko he is wrong about what he thinks because the data doesn't suport his thoughts.

Then this post:

I can speak for most Then this post:

My secondary point is that the vast majority of fantasy football players in the world like H2H Whats next ... when will you also speak for the entire galaxy! Your posts are driving me nuts.

Why do you try to speak for anyone else ... can't they speak for themselves? And do you have their permission to speak for them? Or would you just assume they would want you to.

Ug
Hakuna Matata!

renman

Throwing in the towel

Post by renman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 am

ugly,

You are real bored.

The balance the NFFC has with H2H and total points is fine the way it is.

The end.

Take care