A slow auction

Coltsfan

A slow auction

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Liquid Hippo,

That makes a lot of sense. I didn't really understand it at first but this is probably the best way to get to the value with everyone having a chance. Should we do a 2 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute? The auction houses that sell big dollar sports cards use a rule like this so it must work.

Wayne

Route Collectors

A slow auction

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Liquid Hippo,

That makes a lot of sense. I didn't really understand it at first but this is probably the best way to get to the value with everyone having a chance. Should we do a 2 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute? The auction houses that sell big dollar sports cards use a rule like this so it must work.

Wayne This is a really great idea. 5 minutes sounds good.

[ February 03, 2009, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

boutrous11

A slow auction

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 am

why don't you move this thread to the main forum where there's more traffic?

Coltsfan

A slow auction

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:07 am

I"m not sure how to move the thread but we still have 4 spots open for anyone who is interested.

Wayne

Ted's Cracked Head

A slow auction

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:23 pm

I made a slight mistake here.

For some reason I thought that players would get nominated and we would have all week to bid. Every day doesn't work for me. I have too much going on right now to do this everyday.

I am going to have to withdraw. Sorry.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

A slow auction

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 pm

We can move this back to weekly if that works better for everyone. We can nominate 1 player apiece of the weekend and have bids end on Friday evening - would that work better? I'm fine with whatever.

Wayne

boutrous11

A slow auction

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:13 am

yeah i would think the weekly thing would be more convenient. i would think having bids end on Sunday night would be best, people are usually home then, etc...

again, i'll do whatever though.

i had a thought too, what about eliminating the kicker position completely? there will be a lot of luck involved in selecting 2 kickers that end up starting (this far in advance), and to get 2 sure things you'll have to pay too much $.

hammer

A slow auction

Post by hammer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 am

Weekly would be better for me... I've been working pretty late recently and could not guarantee that I'd be back every evening in time to bid

Coltsfan

A slow auction

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 am

Sunday evening is fine with me. But if we end on Sunday and use the 5 minute rule then let's have them end somewhat earlier - maybe around 8? We could have everyone send in their next round picks on Monday through Wednesday and start the auction on Thursday. Then all you would have to do is log in sometime once a week to nominate and once a week to bid. What do you think?

Wayne

Route Collectors

A slow auction

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Sunday evening is fine with me. But if we end on Sunday and use the 5 minute rule then let's have them end somewhat earlier - maybe around 8? We could have everyone send in their next round picks on Monday through Wednesday and start the auction on Thursday. Then all you would have to do is log in sometime once a week to nominate and once a week to bid. What do you think?

Wayne I'm good with all this except eliminating the kicker (suggested a couple posts up). I prefer to keep this simple NFFC scoring rules w/ no changes.

[ February 05, 2009, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]