**Slow auction bidding thread**

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
Have to admit I thought someone would bid 1 more for one of the D's I bid on. I now have 3 D's from the same division. Rookie mistake on my part. I was also a little surprised. 6 teams have no D's with 19 to go. You have to have two to compete, but three is ideal. You didn't hurt yourself at all.
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:28 am

Mr. Bob Squad,

Spoken like a true member of the "Let's drive up the prices of defenses since I already have mine club." Based on the money left in this auction I don't believe we will be seing defenses going at $5 plus the rest of the.

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:49 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Mr. Bob Squad,

Spoken like a true member of the "Let's drive up the prices of defenses since I already have mine club." Based on the money left in this auction I don't believe we will be seing defenses going at $5 plus the rest of the.

Wayne Well, if that is true then I should have let you take Minnesota for $8. I have no "feel" for the prices in this type of auction and especially at this early part of the year.

Rob - have 3 defenses from the same division won't hurt you. The NFL hasn't had teams bye from the same division for several years now.

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:54 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Mr. Bob Squad,

Wayne Dear "I don't have a defense yet Club" Member,

I don't want to drive the prices up. I just want to make sure that they don't go for $2 or $3 after a couple of teams paid $20 for three.

I may end up with 5 D's but I'll have a blast watching you pay $7 for Detroit because you weren't willing to pay $5 earlier.

[ March 16, 2009, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Bob Squad ]
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 am

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne I don't want to drive the prices up. I just want to make sure that they don't go for $2 or $3 after a couple of teams paid $20 for three.

[/QUOTE]Upon anylizing this sentence the phrase "white man speaks with forked tongue" has never been more true! :D

Bob...with a max bid as low as yours and no Wr's or TE maybe you'd be better suited trying to fill in your own team rather than following your DST fetish.

That of course is assuming you hope to compete. :eek:

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:25 am

I lied. I want every D to go for $10. That being said, I won't bid over $4. So I won't be driving anything up.

I have my entire team budgeted and I know two things about it.
(1) You will hate my team
(2) There will be a bet between us
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:07 am

(2) There will be a bet between us So how has that worked out for you in the past? :D

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:40 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Squad:

(2) There will be a bet between us So how has that worked out for you in the past? :D
[/QUOTE]Round 1 - Route C picks Zach Miller to outscore Jeremy Shockey in '08 - Bob Squad loses

Round 2 - Double or nothing - Total points in this league. You in?

BTW, I don't appreciate you speaking publicly about the size of my max bid.
-By Bob (For Gekko)

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:42 am

little bit of max bid envy going on here?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:47 am

quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Squad:

[/QUOTE]Round 1 - Route C picks Zach Miller to outscore Jeremy Shockey in '08 - Bob Squad loses

Round 2 - Double or nothing - Total points in this league. You in?

BTW, I don't appreciate you speaking publicly about the size of my max bid.
[/QUOTE]Absolutely!