**Slow auction bidding thread**

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:48 am

bob, it's not that hard to keep track of 1 team's $. That's all everyone needs to do.

Related story: My home league (auction/keeper league), I run the draft, keep track of everyone's $. Last year's draft, I left myself $10 short. I had $10 to spend at the end of the draft. I was miffed to say the least.

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:05 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
bob, it's not that hard to keep track of 1 team's $. That's all everyone needs to do.

Related story: My home league (auction/keeper league), I run the draft, keep track of everyone's $. Last year's draft, I left myself $10 short. I had $10 to spend at the end of the draft. I was miffed to say the least. Agreed. However, I have screwed up a lot of easy things in my life. We have the right to get frustrated and to voice that frustration. Nobody blew up this time - I just hope to prevent future turmoil by reminding everyone that mistakes will be made and that the Commish is wise.
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 am

I gotta say it is really refreshing doing this league with you guys after some of the MB stuff over the last few years.
Everyone here is real stand up when it comes to solving problems the right way. I still want to crush all of you to powder though! :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 am

The Week 11 Bidding List.

David Garrard.. Mike C.. 1
Jason Hanson.. Jack Haan.. 1
Larry Johnson.. Hammer.. 1
Knowshon Moreno.. Bob Squad.. 1
Josh Scobee.. Trust in Bill.. 1
Chris Wells.. Kapefear.. 1
PJ Hill.. Spook.. 1
Joe Nedney.. Liquid Hippo.. 1
Kellen Winslow.. Route C.. 3
Donald Lee.. Follow Me.. 1
Michael Crabtree.. Rob B.. 1
Kevin Smith.. Boutrous.. 3
Donald Brown.. Cavalier.. 2
Darrius Hayward-Bey.. Coltsfan.. 1

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:42 am

I think we should look into using Skype on Sunday evenings for the final bidding.

We could do it live if everyone has the capability?

--------

Maybe we go "Live" online or via Skype at 930 pm and complete ONE player at a time that requires extra bidding? That way we could update totals prior to the final bids on other players.

If there is a player or there are players that you plan on bidding further on, you signify that by 930 pm.

A list is created based on the order in which they were nominated that week.

Example: If more than one person says they plan on bidding on So-and-so, then so-and-so will be auctioned off individually after the 930 period closes.

Only players who garnish attention by more than one owner will be part of the live extra period.

The first player is put back up with the current bid and it goes live until someone wins.

Then we go the the next player who is garnishing extra attention and so on until the weeks bids are complete.

This way we can maintain some form of order during this process.

It also gives us a chance to get another player if the first one is gone.

It also helps ensure that we know how much we have available as well as keep each other honest and up to date.

This may take a few more minutes but I think it ensures that no errors will be made and that we each get a chance to bid on players with full knowledge of where we stand financially.

Won't this issue become more important as our dollars dwindle?

Just a thought.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:51 am

Rob,

I think that is a great thought. I have wondered if the main bidding period moving forward won't be the Wednesday night time. As teams have less and less money it will be the first bid of 2 or 3 Dollars that will win a player verses waiting until Sunday night for a bid.

My guess is that in the next 3-4 weeks most of the higher dollar players will be bid on and it won't be much of an issue.

There is a site that is specifically designed for slow auctions. (Jack Haan told me about it.) I set up a sample league on Myfantasyleague.com and it looks really cool. Basically you nominate "x" number of players either daily, weekly, or whatever time frame. They remain on the site for bid until a full day passes without any bids. At that point they are sold. We could have a league even later this year where each player nominated one player per day and the league would be complete in 30 days. This way the site handles the bidding for us. I think it sounds like a great way to do a slow auction.

Wayne

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 pm

I would be interested in a league later this year in that format.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:17 am

Originally posted by Trust In Bill:
I would be interested in a league later this year in that format. I'm thinking that maybe mid to late June would be good timing for this league. It would be before the satellites are really rolling and might make for a nice warm up.

Wayne

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:31 am

still having computer issues at home... :mad: probably won't be able to bid tonight...

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 am

I agree that mid to late June would be a good time to start. Count me in.