Gekko's Pre-Playoff Newsletter

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:28 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Brady will be a huge wild card for you brady did read the post. i didn't hear it from my milkman though ;)
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:29 am

On the other hand JJ might be the final piece for Dave. with the tuna running jj so much, he will get hurt by next week. barber owners are done too.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:14 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
barber owners are done too. Yet, you have Team NEW (a Barber owner) as the 3rd ranked playoff team. You should work the kinks out of the mainframe, Gordon.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:43 am

quote:Originally posted by Route C:
On the other hand JJ might be the final piece for Dave. with the tuna running jj so much, he will get hurt by next week. barber owners are done too. [/QUOTE]I can afford to lose JJ if Bettis gets injured, too. Just keep the karma equal, ok?

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:44 am

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by What's the rumpus?:
You are having a great year no doubt, but if you are posting your NFFC resume, shouldn't your less than stellar performance in draftmasters be included? Don't forget about the eponymous Gekko Invitational! [/QUOTE]you mean that experimental league were i tried a different strategy. last i knew i was in the playoffs, but that was week 5.
[/QUOTE]C'mon, Gordon. If you're going to bask in the glory of victory, you should take some heat for crappy performances, too. Fact of the matter is that the Gekko Invitational League had the highest payout percentage of any league, and was against some of the very best competition out there. You've got to come up with a better explanation than that one. For a league named after yourself, anyways.

Think they'd let Bob Hope get away with it?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:44 am

GG
I was hoping you'd patronize me by slipping me into the top 8 since I probably lead the MB regulars in agreeing with you. :D

I'm leaning toward you (wouldn't that p*ss off alot of MB regulars LOL) and Dave to battle it out in week 16. Your team has undoubtably been one of the hottest over the last month. On the other hand JJ might be the final piece for Dave.

Brady will be a huge wild card for you as will the NYG rough schedule for Barber owners.

The lack of solid RB's will be my downfall. Although - I haven't had them all year and somehow finished 2nd overall. :rolleyes:

Being the only Moss owner could help if he ever returns to his early season form.

Good luck to all - (not really :D )

RC lol, RC

I'd take being within 20-30 pts. going into the final weekend right now if someone could guarantee it.

My season rides on Favre throwin well in December at Lambeau and McNair getting healthy for all those cherry last 3 week matchups I drafted him for.

Come on, Bruised Sternum - get healthy!!

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:15 am

Dave

I'm all for McNair getting healthy - as long as he's throwing to Mason. ;)

I do wish I had better RB's but I did prove my point from draft day just by getting here.

I still think the early RB run will be ridiculous next year. Hopefully I can play it the same and do a little better with my FAAB.
Listen to me talking about next year already - sounds like I'm throwing in the towel before the playoffs even start. :D

RC

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:22 am

Thanks, GG, for putting my plight so eloquently. Would love to see power rankings (points and breakdown only) get factored into the playoff equation although not likely anytime soon if at all. I know ya'll are working Greg pretty hard on other threads. You have a lot of concepts to consider for next year's GEKKO league as I feel that league is going to sprout some great new things for FF.

Don't see JJ getting hurt this week as they are playing the Saints but with games against Philly and Washington, this week will be his last fruitful one. Barber against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and an improving Bengals defense that I saw in person last week in Baltimore is a good call as well.

I also appreciate you picking up my entry next year as I know you will win the championship even without Blaylock putting up big numbers. Anyone who has looked at your team knows you are the team to beat as no other team in the championship has your running back depth to go along with Gonzo.

My sleeper picks are Jones Falls Terrace and BigWill's Bombers to battle with Dyv and She Hate Me for 2nd and 3rd. Good luck to all!!!
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
barber owners are done too. Yet, you have Team NEW (a Barber owner) as the 3rd ranked playoff team. You should work the kinks out of the mainframe, Gordon. [/QUOTE]better check your glasses...random order. i picked them out of my deere hat.

On to the playoff rankings…after running ALL the “numbers”, here are the top 8 playoff teams (in random order) courtesy of the IBM mainframe at Gekko Industries...
Yiz fancy pants
She Hate Me
Team New
LB Big Richards
Dyv
CC Desperados
Incredible Hulking Us
Gekko

[ December 08, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:13 pm

Yiz Fancy Pants? Might be the best team name of the Final 32.