Gekko's Pre-Playoff Newsletter

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:41 pm

just got done downloading the next three weeks of weather forecasts. i re-ran my program 600 times.

the team most often at the top and the PREDICTED WINNER OF THE $100,000.....

CC Desperados
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:57 pm

You mean that lucky, undeserving H2H winner? Rubbish!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:16 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
You mean that lucky, undeserving H2H winner? Rubbish! he deserves to win the league champ this year as that was how the rules were written. he also deserves to be in the playoffs.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:34 am

Can't see anyone winning from the #14 hole. But then again, it even happens once in a while in horse racing.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:36 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by What's the rumpus?:
You are having a great year no doubt, but if you are posting your NFFC resume, shouldn't your less than stellar performance in draftmasters be included? drafting s.smith really hurt us though. [/QUOTE]Couldn't this work the other way in the main event saying the only reason you are there is because of M.Muhammed (because S.Smiht got hurt)?

Seems right to me!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:47 am

) Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Anyone who has looked at your team knows you are the team to beat as no other team in the championship has your running back depth to go along with Gonzo.

My sleeper picks are Jones Falls Terrace and BigWill's Bombers to battle with Dyv and She Hate Me for 2nd and 3rd. Good luck to all!!! I like to think my RB depth is close to Gekko's as I too have Westbrook and Blaylock, but instead of Droughns and D.Davis, I have Fred Taylor and Onterrio Smith. But at TE, I only have some guy named Antonio Gates? ;)

May not be as impressive on paper, but Taylor has Chi, GB, and Hou (2 at home, where he is better), and Onterrio gets Sea, Det, and GB (all on the carpet)

This is going to come down to the QB's, and those with Manning have to be smiling!

I agree with your assessment on Jones Falls Terrace as he was in my league, and has a really nice team. If I can't win it, I am pulling for him!

Would love to finish in the money, but a realistic goal is 5-8 so I get a free entry. (Having Brooks at QB will do that! :( ) Then again, if Palmer continues to play hot, then he might be getting the starting nod!

Best of luck to everyone!

[ December 11, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]