nag

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:01 pm

Originally posted by Nag':Go ahead gordie, take your shot. How do I not know the league rules? 'Cause I didn't win my league? Or was it because I got blocked from picking up a QB last year. Go ahead pal, fire away. Nag - this is what i found amusing...

Originally posted by Nag':

I feel I had good reasons to have left myself with only $3. Plus I would've never suspected this type of move against me. If any of you would have seen it coming, you're a better owner than I am.

Regardless of his motivation, I believe it was a classless move and would never stoop to this level myself. Yes, "blocking" is a sound strategy in situations where you prevent teams from picking up valuable players. All of us use that strategy whenever we can. But there's a difference between picking up the BEST available players and ALL the available players. What this guy did is malicious and mean spirited. Those of you who agree with this strategy need to remember words like sportsmanship and fair play. Those values should always remain in competition whether we pay $1,250 or $.12. Originally posted by Black Reign:
you should have never spent all of your budget so early. Originally posted by KJ Duke:
you take the risk of leaving yourself with just $3 you gotta live with the consequences. Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Sorry, it's NEVER wrong when you do everything possible within the rules to win.
Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Are we playing for a $100,000? You made a mistake of not being prepared and under estimating your opponent. Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Take care of business. Plan ahead. Know your opponents' rosters like your own.

Nobody manages your team except for you. If you get in a position where you can dictate how the other guy plays, you own him. Originally posted by Nag':
I don't mean to sound all righteous and preachy here, but I just can't believe that people don't even realize the type of "logic" they are spewing.
So HOW MUCH would it take for you to throw away your values and morals in other aspects of life? How much would you sell you family out for? How about your country? Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
it doesn't matter if you respect us or not. this is part of the game...within the rules. i have a lot of respect for you. but it realy sounds like you have sour grapes. the move was okay. you sold yourself short with low FA$. move on. thanks. Originally posted by Nag':
Keep your patronizing to yourself and your advice. Thanks. Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
sour grapes. thanks. Originally posted by Dyv:
I'm not sure I understand. What is classless about trying to win? I see no rule broken in this circumstance.

Complaining about it on the message board appears somewhat classless, if you ask me. I didn't spend your money... you did. Why would anyone feel they should have some inherent right to roster protection or some 'kindness' factor because you are in contention and he is not? I'd go so far as to propose that if he saw this opportunity and did NOT take advantage of it then he's being mildly collusive to HELP you and not do his best to win.

Consider whatever you spent your money on and whatever players you've had on your bench instead of a backup QB and learn a lesson in roster management. You left yourself thin, you spent all your money... and you think charity and compassion is called for? I don't see it.
Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
Sack up and admit you got played. You made the mistake (just like owners crying that they didn't have enough RBs:) ) and you need to move one. Next time, prepare your roster better.

[ June 07, 2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:40 pm

Yeah, I figured you'd bring up that incident.

See, the problem is, you need new material. You're getting way too repetitive and easily predictable. The public wants more and this simply isn’t gonna cut it. You need to take a step back, reevaluate what you've done, reorganize and come back with new and exciting ways to agitate, irritate and antagonize. You know - be yourself, only better. A new and improved gekko. If anyone can pull it off, it's you, gordie. Don't lose faith. I believe in you. Now go get 'em!!
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:04 pm

See, the problem is, you need new material. You're getting way too repetitive and easily predictable. The public wants more and this simply isn’t gonna cut it. You need to take a step back, reevaluate what you've done, reorganize and come back with new and exciting ways to agitate, irritate and antagonize. You know - be yourself, only better. A new and improved gekko. If anyone can pull it off, it's you, gordie. Don't lose faith. I believe in you. Now go get 'em!! agitate, irritate and antagonize? i'm simply posting what you said and what others said about you and your situation. this is a matter of public record. btw, i like the "sack up" comment the best

Route Collectors

nag

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:02 am

It's nice to see that we are entering this season with old rivalries fully intact. :D

Team Legacy

nag

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:00 am

Not to bring up old stuff, but was this guy in DIRECT COMPETITION with you Alex for a playoff spot?

A second question I would have is this: Was Alex in the hunt to take someone else down?

If so, I would suspect foul play.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:00 am

I would love to see Gekko and Nag in the same league ... no no wait ... better yet ... In the same league as me. It would be more fun reading the message board than playing FF. :D :D :D
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Not to bring up old stuff, but was this guy in DIRECT COMPETITION with you Alex for a playoff spot?

A second question I would have is this: Was Alex in the hunt to take someone else down?

If so, I would suspect foul play. This was discussed last year ... the guy was a long shot ... but still mathmatically in it. We always jump on people for quiting on teams that are not winning. regardless of you take on the trades ... he was trying to win ... something like 6-5. in fourth or fifth place if I remember correctly.

No foul play ... just questionable (ethics) trading strategy.
Hakuna Matata!

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I would love to see Gekko and Nag in the same league ... no no wait ... better yet ... In the same league as me. It would be more fun reading the message board than playing FF. :D :D :D it wouldn't be much fun for you and nag as i'd finish higher than you and put nag through the Gekko Grinder

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
it wouldn't be much fun for you and nag as i'd finish higher than you and put nag through the Gekko Grinder Amen to that. Thankfully gekkie has not yet joined either of the two $1000 Antsports leagues I'll be in this year or I'd REALLY be in trouble. And of course, if he ever found out, he would CERTAINLY join them, I'm sure. I mean, not joining would be like not using his "Free Burger on Fridays" coupon at Denny's.
Yeah, I'm defintely safe for now. I might get lucky and gordie won't see this message and hopefully won't ask me what leagues I'm in so he can join them. Ok, let me check my inbox - nope, nothing from gekkie yet. Whew!!
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:52 pm

Thankfully gekkie has not yet joined either of the two $1000 Antsports leagues I'll be in this year or I'd REALLY be in trouble. And of course, if he ever found out, he would CERTAINLY join them, I'm sure. you'll be concentrating on so many leagues this year that you'll probably forget you need to start a qb one week. oh wait...you already did that...

[ June 10, 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]