Gekko Chooses_Successor

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:21 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
My only question is were you drinking or smoking the same stuff when you drafted your teams this year, as when you predicted Snake would win it? ;) if snake could pick the right lineup in the regular season, he'd be ranked much higher than he is now entering the playoffs (currently 17th). he'd probably have a top 10 team.

i did have six cornonas before the draft. that couldn't have helped.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:23 am

Originally posted by Nag':
I would look out for teams without many Seahawk, Colts or Pats on their roster as those players may not even be on the field in week 16. how many does snake have?

Nag'

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:32 am

I never implied my team was better off than snake's with regard to depth. Depth will certainly help any team field competetive lineups. He has that ability, I am on the verge of not having it at all. But again, he's playing vs 42 teams that may not match his depth, but can easily outscore him head to head, which is what I expect to happen. As for myself, I also don't expect my team to compete. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised that barring any other injuries, my team finishes right around where his does - somewhere out of the money.

[ December 09, 2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:40 am

I never implied my team was better off than snake's with regard to depth. Depth will certainly help any team field competetive lineups. i was just showing how depth is a key. certainly you want breakout players. can you tell me who they are going forward? no. but i can tell you snake's team has depth right now.

i'm actually SHOCKED that you'd have only 4 rb's on your roster. you are going into the playoffs for three weeks without any FA moves. i think the rackers thing in the wcoff got to you. 5 rb's would be the call over 2 kickers given an 18 man roster.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:42 am

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised that barring any other injuries, my team finishes right around where his does - somewhere out of the money. sounds like a snake vs nag sidebet would make sense. nag, would you offer (or accept) a bet to snake?

[ December 09, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:44 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Adrian Peterson's upside for that Bears offense is huge if Jones were to go down again (which could happen at any moment). The last week I played him he was worth 20 points.
how many times has he scored 20 points in his career?

Nag'

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:48 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
I never implied my team was better off than snake's with regard to depth. Depth will certainly help any team field competetive lineups. i was just showing how depth is a key. certainly you want breakout players. can you tell me who they are going forward? no. but i can tell you snake's team has depth right now.

i'm actually SHOCKED that you'd have only 4 rb's on your roster. you are going into the playoffs for three weeks without any FA moves. i think the rackers thing in the wcoff got to you. 5 rb's would be the call over 2 kickers given an 18 man roster.
[/QUOTE]More calculated risks that ended up backfiring. Moats was there for the taking last week but I chose to pass on him for several reasons, mainly that if I needed to play him, I'd probably have no shot at winning anyhow. So instead I picked up Roydell and the rest is history.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:50 am

Moats was there for the taking last week but I chose to pass on him for several reasons, mainly that if I needed to play him, I'd probably have no shot at winning anyhow. for your sake, let's hope that mr moats is a dud the next three weeks