2009 NFFC Registration Is Now Open!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:53 am

Well, our new look NFFC site is live and we're loading in all of the text to the links and ready to kick off the 2009 season. Registration is now officially open for our 2009 events and all you have to do is go to your MY TEAMS page and click on the link that says 2009 NFFC Signups Now Open. The computer will recognize your username and password and you will be good to go.

For the main event this year, we are offering the NFFC Classic (14 teams) at $1,400 per team this year and will GUARANTEE the $100,000 grand prize based on a total of 322 teams. We finished with 308 teams last year and I think we can fill this one up this year even with the $100 increase per team. Co-managers remain at $50. One new addition this year is that THREE teams from each league will make the Championship Round this year for a shot at the $100,000 grand prize, up from two per league last year.

The NFFC Primetime will complete the Draft Day doubleheader with a new price level and new grand prize level. Cost per team is $750 and we'll GUARANTEE the $40,000 grand prize. Top two teams per league earn prize money and advance to the Championship Round for a shot at the $40,000 grand prize. We'll also reward the top scoring team in BOTH events through Week 16 and if anyone can win both overall titles we'll give away a 2009 Ford Mustang convertible. More details on that soon.

We are also offering an early-bird special. For anyone who commits to both main events, we'll take off $100 and get you in the NFFC doubleheader – both main events – for $2,050. We won't hit any credit cards until Aug. 1, but if you commit by July 1 we'll make it worth your while. Thanks everyone.

Okay, who wants to be among the first signups? Sign up now and help us grow our NFFC doubleheader with the new format and sell out both events in 2009. Thanks for all your support during the first five seasons and let's make the sixth season EVEN BETTER. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:59 am

Just a heads up that we'll send out an e-mail to all of our NFFC members tomorrow letting everyone know about the new-look site and that registration is now open. So look for that update tomorrow.

Also, the look of the new site is patterned off of NBC Sports' Sunday Night Football site. I need to update the links where we offer the History of the NFFC, the NFFC Hall of Fame (first inductees after our 10th season), Pictures, Past Winners, etc. The site allows us to provide more content, more photos, more video and more information than we had before. It's also easier for Tom and me to update the text links and create some urgency once we get close to selling out certain events, like what is happening in baseball now.

We'll add more information about our debut 14-team NFFC Online Championship soon. I don't have all the details on that yet, but our baseball Online Championship will exceed our expectations in 2009 and we believe this format can work in football, too. Stay tuned on that one.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

hammer

Post by hammer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 am

Count me IN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:26 am

Originally posted by hammer:
Count me IN Thanks for the first online signup of 2009, Matt. It came across loud and clear. :D Now spread the word and bring in the rest of your buddies. We're on for another football season. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 am

Two Bayley signups in the first hour. I love it. ;)

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 am

Think you already have me down but I'm down for both again!!!

Thanks

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Greg,

Bob and I will be in both events again. It's worth the entry fee just hanging out with Route C for a weekend!

By the way, I love the new rules!

Wayne :D

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Greg,

I just signed up for both Classic and primetime
in Chicago. I'm looking forward to hanging out
with the guys again and winning this thing this time!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks all. I'll create a signup list real shortly, but so far every signup has been for both events at $2,050. That's a GREAT start. Thanks all and I promise we will have fun in the NFFC this year. And on top of the rules changes, I promise a friendlier, less combative message boards as it's a new season and time for a new attitude here.

Right now I'm knee deep in our baseball event and it is a HUGE success. It's great to see so many of our die-hards stick with us for baseball through this tough economy. Our Online Championship is going like gangbusters and our main event should sell out, too. It's all good, which is a good sign as we head towards football. I'll jump back over here more often, but just be patient with me and Tom through March as we have 130+ leagues to run and manage soon.

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:59 pm

There is a 2009 slow draft in progress that represents your first 14 sign-ups for 2009 and your first 2009 draft.