Snake Classic

Eddiejag

Snake Classic

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:31 am

Snakie , must say i like the b+, i know that will be one of the highest grades, because i know how tough the snake comp can be.I think johnny was more interested in taking gonzalez away from me , than taking care of what he needed.I dont think the 2 tight end is the way to go, now what happens if McCallister is the real deal again, he already has bush and alexander , he cant get duce in the flex unless he sits his 4th round pick gonzalez.That means every week a great player has to sit.His receivers are COYOTE UGLY, Keenen McCardell as your nu 1. I actually like mark clayton more , because of his upside.He does have the horse in Alexander , and his all star tight ends , BUT if his wide outs dont come thru , it will be tough to get the best wide outs off the waiver wire , with so little cash.
Just my humble opinion , nothing personal johnny.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

TamuScarecrow

Snake Classic

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:49 am

I'm in total agreement with you, Eddie. From what I saw Monday night and what I know from going home every weekend, Brees will be more of a factor for him than the rbs. Of the top 3 I'd give WAZ the nod with you 2nd and JJ bringing up the rear. JJ may have done you a favor, Eddie, in that Gonzo may not even be top 5 with the retirement of Roaf causing him to have to stay in and block more.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Snake Classic

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:37 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
JJ may have done you a favor, Eddie, in that Gonzo may not even be top 5 with the retirement of Roaf causing him to have to stay in and block more. That is the ONLY thing I kept thinking about when he came to me in round 4. Also, TJ Houshmanzode (put him on the board..... CHAMPIONSHIP!! :D ) was clearly the best WR left on my list, so I felt I had to take him.

TamuScarecrow

Snake Classic

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:50 am

That's ok, Billy, as it looks like the SnakeComp is putting all of the pressure on Eddie. Obviously, the SnakeComp isn't taking into account the lack of FA money for the top 3 in making its predictions. Thanks God this wasn't a DC draft. :rolleyes:
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Snake Classic

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:05 am

I like my team a lot Rick. Obviously drafting from the top 3 helps, but what I did was "cover my a$$" with depth should/when injuries rear their ugly head.

With A LOT less free agent $$ than 12 other teams, I need to have backups who can produce and are ready to go. For example, if LJ goes down, Eddie G is SCREWED. If any one of Workhorse's top 3 WR's go down, he has to rely on Marty Booker each week.

My 2 favorite picks were Corey Dillon and Michael Turner. Turner is obvious insurance for my most prized posession (LT), and Dillon was a STEAL at 5.03 IMO. I know he is past his prime, and Maroney is breathing hard down his neck, but as my #3, the guy can still produce, and will be a GREAT bye week fill in and flex player.

Thanks for the compliments Rick! :D

I felt you did a real nice job from the 7 hole. If Mike Bell pans out, you should be VERY competitive. And best of all, you get to be in the ABC club again! ;)