NFFC Classic: Best Return On Investment In The NFFC

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:26 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
In the big cash leagues I like the idea of doing it right beforehand. Name gets drawn and he says where he wants to pick. That is ideal from my experiences in those types of leagues. Greg/Tom,

I think Chad is on to something here! Let's do this for the Diamond League this year! That would set the NFFC apart from the others. That would be must see TV :D

Imagine plunking down 10G's and not knowing your draft slot until your name is called!!!

I'm game if the other 10 owners are!

P.S. Any fence sitters on #12 for that league?

Thanks
[/QUOTE]Agreed with Chad and Pat. No reason to get your draft spot early for a league of this magnitude.

BTW, the league is filled. Will Tyrer took spot #12 [/QB][/QUOTE]Love the idea! I'd do it for this year.
@RedRyder

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
In the big cash leagues I like the idea of doing it right beforehand. Name gets drawn and he says where he wants to pick. That is ideal from my experiences in those types of leagues. Greg/Tom,

I think Chad is on to something here! Let's do this for the Diamond League this year! That would set the NFFC apart from the others. That would be must see TV :D

Imagine plunking down 10G's and not knowing your draft slot until your name is called!!!

I'm game if the other 10 owners are!

P.S. Any fence sitters on #12 for that league?

Thanks
[/QUOTE]Agreed with Chad and Pat. No reason to get your draft spot early for a league of this magnitude.

BTW, the league is filled. Will Tyrer took spot #12
[/QUOTE]Love the idea! I'd do it for this year. [/QB][/QUOTE]That's 4 for 4 so far!!! :eek:
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 am

Should I pack the Bingo machine for Las Vegas?!!! :D Let's hear from all 12 though. There's never a consensus on anything and we'd need to get to one here. I'm not sure all 12 owners would agree to this, but we'll see.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am

I agree but with 1/3 in so easily it doesn't hurt to ask! :D
Pat Sorge

RoadKing

Post by RoadKing » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 am

Greg you said "We're done trying to be nice, we'll fill, fill, fill!!!"

Don't ever stop trying to be nice or you will sound like that VP that is no longer with you, you know that person RRyder likes so much or not.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 pm

JMO.
I love KDS and 3rr.
I love 100 grand prizes.
I love the 14 teamer.
I also know that change is constant and you have a buisness to run.
There have been many great points made in this thread but a couple i havent heard yet.
You folks underestimate the power of the print mags that start coming out every June and take up so much space in the big food chains and book stores(the ones still open anyway).They generate buzz,and this whole summer was buzzless,there will be a rebound next year.
Die hards are here,but new blood just doesnt have a hand to lead them to the contests this year,it all started too late,and WCOFF just kicked the industry in the groin,turning fenc sitters off.
Gonna have to weather the storm this year i think,and own the HSFF pie next year along with FFPC.
Its just NFFC and FFPC now,and there is room in the sandbox for newbies galore,just looks like it might have to happen next year,sad to say.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Tom, you make an excellent point about magazines. Fantasy Sports Magazine was easily our No. 1 source for new customers and promotion over the years. It was a huge loss not having that for football this year. I'm not sure what the future holds for us and print media but I think we have to at least explore whether we should resume promoting and marketing our events in magazines going forward.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Just a suggestion.
Reach out to say John Hansen,the fantasy guru,and trade a spot for his promotional value,his website and his serius satellite show.And do the same for Greg Rosenthal,he now works for Mike Florio at PFT,these would reach many thousands,and itmight not make a hugre difference this year,but the association would surely help next year,i just know it.
Put them in the league with Gekko and me and Chad and talk Steve Luzzi into it as well and bring Benetti out of retirement and hook up Tommypickles via phone and Get my man Dave Gerzak in it too,promote the crap out of it and LETS DRAFT.
iT WOULD HELP THE CONTEST MUCH FOR NEXT YEAR,IMHO.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
Just a suggestion.
Reach out to say John Hansen,the fantasy guru,and trade a spot for his promotional value,his website and his serius satellite show.And do the same for Greg Rosenthal,he now works for Mike Florio at PFT,these would reach many thousands,and itmight not make a hugre difference this year,but the association would surely help next year,i just know it.
Put them in the league with Gekko and me and Chad and talk Steve Luzzi into it as well and bring Benetti out of retirement and hook up Tommypickles via phone and Get my man Dave Gerzak in it too,promote the crap out of it and LETS DRAFT.
iT WOULD HELP THE CONTEST MUCH FOR NEXT YEAR,IMHO. Interesting idea. You can call it the League of Champions. I know I'd be following that league.

I also know I wouldn't be betting on Hansen or Rosenthal against that group. :eek:

[ August 26, 2011, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

tommypickles

Post by tommypickles » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:23 am

you can count me in tom