SuperSatellite League Draft Order

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:52 pm

Originally posted by Poopy Tooth:
Now if LJ lives up to the projections of last year carried out over a full season, then both bids are a bargain! 151 is a bit overzealous I have to admit, but to see $ I have to beat 25 other teams. I could give a ratsazz if I came in 4th or 28th. To beat 25 other teams I need serious outperformance. As I was telling route C - LJ as a starter avg 31 pts over 8 games. Alexander avg 23 in the same period. That's an 8 pt diff, I'm laying out 9.4 per game. Thats the kind of player I'm looking for. I love the #1 spot this year and figured this could be my only shot at it. Sure it's pie in the sky but that's my spin gents ! :cool:

Q

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:12 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...all here are missing the point entirely ISHO...and that is many prior posts are matching up the first, second or third overall pick against other players and attempting to gauge whether or not it was worth points surrended by those three owners in the first round ONLY...it's NOT the FIRST, SECOND or THIRD pick of the first round but simply the FIRST, SECOND and THIRD DRAFT POSITION for the entire draft which has its decided advantage...and if you have an extremely competent owner in those THREE slots, irreversible damage can and will be done ISHO...how many points each owner thinks those three slots are worth is entirely subjective...now, let's see who can do what with where they are...SNAKE Bingo! Well stated snake. With 3 of the top 28-30 picks it's highly possible to have 3 top 12-15 players which adds up to alot more than 5-10 points from one of the big 3 RB's.

That's the only reason I'd ever think about giving up more than a few points for a draft slot in a DC league.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:08 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...all here are missing the point entirely ISHO...and that is many prior posts are matching up the first, second or third overall pick against other players and attempting to gauge whether or not it was worth points surrended by those three owners in the first round ONLY...it's NOT the FIRST, SECOND or THIRD pick of the first round but simply the FIRST, SECOND and THIRD DRAFT POSITION for the entire draft which has its decided advantage...and if you have an extremely competent owner in those THREE slots, irreversible damage can and will be done ISHO...how many points each owner thinks those three slots are worth is entirely subjective...now, let's see who can do what with where they are...SNAKE Bingo! Well stated snake. With 3 of the top 28-30 picks it's highly possible to have 3 top 12-15 players which adds up to alot more than 5-10 points from one of the big 3 RB's.

That's the only reason I'd ever think about giving up more than a few points for a draft slot in a DC league.
[/QUOTE]Absolutely RC and Snake. I was simply stating that Snake can't possibly say the #3 spot is better than the #1 or #2. NO ONE can be 100% accurate on "who goes to what team" after about the 1st round, and although it is fairly easy for everyone to find the "group" that will be there come their pick, saying one is CLEARLY better than the other, is pure specualation.

That all being said, I just don't understand why Snake wouldn't want his CHOICE of the top 3 (could have had #1 for $89) rather than get what falls to him???? :confused: Are picks #26 and #31 CLEARLY better than #28 and #29??? Possibly, but drafts NEVER seem to go the way you think they will, and most of the players lumped in that area will be the same caliber. A semi-serious/serious injury to ONE of the "Big 3" during preseason could REALLY hurt the #3 picks chances.

We also have to consider that in the DC format, draft position IS NOT as important as it is in the Main, etc. Whoever stays the healthiest along with whose backups go of when their starters are off, injured, etc. will reign supreme here IMO.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:11 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
A semi-serious/serious injury to ONE of the "Big 3" during preseason could REALLY hurt the #3 picks chances.

We also have to consider that in the DC format, draft position IS NOT as important as it is in the Main, etc. billy with some good and accurate points
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Baker Boy

Post by Baker Boy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:22 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

We also have to consider that in the DC format, draft position IS NOT as important as it is in the Main, etc. [/QB]Not sure why you would say this yet bid high on the #2 pick. You must think that draft pick is SOMEWHAT important in a DC format?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:41 am

Originally posted by Baker Boy:
Not sure why you would say this yet bid high on the #2 pick. You must think that draft pick is SOMEWHAT important in a DC format? ROFLMAO!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

dobberlins

Post by dobberlins » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:20 am

...SNAKE will take his chances here as things stand and will reiterate that the #3 pick is more desirable than the #1 slot (yes even in a DC league)...SNAKESeems to be an interesting take...makes me wonder if someone in the second round may slide here...Manning? Or two top tier WR with 2nd and 3rd round picks? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

dobberlins

Post by dobberlins » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:22 am

151 is a bit overzealous I have to admit, but to see $ I have to beat 25 other teams. I could give a ratsazz if I came in 4th or 28th. To beat 25 other teams I need serious outperformance. As I was telling route C - LJ as a starter avg 31 pts over 8 games. Alexander avg 23 in the same period. That's an 8 pt diff, I'm laying out 9.4 per game. Thats the kind of player I'm looking for. I love the #1 spot this year and figured this could be my only shot at it. Sure it's pie in the sky but that's my spin gents ! I will say it's very possible. I agree with LJ having a monster season. (Just hopefully not when he plays Oakland!)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:49 am

Originally posted by Baker Boy:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

We also have to consider that in the DC format, draft position IS NOT as important as it is in the Main, etc. Not sure why you would say this yet bid high on the #2 pick. You must think that draft pick is SOMEWHAT important in a DC format? [/QB][/QUOTE]Of course it is important, just NOT as important. Forgetting about points, free agent $$ etc. if I asked you to list your preference of picks, would you not list the top 3(in any order) as your top 3 choices??? :confused:

AGAIN.... staying healthy and getting breaks on your bye weeks come into play MUCH more in a DC, hence why your position ISN'T AS IMPORTANT (still an advantage, just a lesser one). Understand??? :confused:

My points bid was reasonable IMO, and I honestly didn't think I would get a top 3 pick with my bid. I felt ALL of the top 3 would go for $80 +. I was close in my prediction, but I obviously didn't spend WAY more than others for a top 3 pick.