SuperSatellite League Draft Order

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:15 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Baker Boy:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

We also have to consider that in the DC format, draft position IS NOT as important as it is in the Main, etc. Not sure why you would say this yet bid high on the #2 pick. You must think that draft pick is SOMEWHAT important in a DC format?
[/QUOTE]Of course it is important, just NOT as important. Forgetting about points, free agent $$ etc. if I asked you to list your preference of picks, would you not list the top 3(in any order) as your top 3 choices??? :confused:

AGAIN.... staying healthy and getting breaks on your bye weeks come into play MUCH more in a DC, hence why your position ISN'T AS IMPORTANT (still an advantage, just a lesser one). Understand??? :confused:

My points bid was reasonable IMO, and I honestly didn't think I would get a top 3 pick with my bid. I felt ALL of the top 3 would go for $80 +. I was close in my prediction, but I obviously didn't spend WAY more than others for a top 3 pick. [/QB][/QUOTE]While I agree with some of your points I disagree about the format minimizing the impact of draft position when you can bid on it. I think there is a very good reason to want a top 3 pick. Having said that, only time will tell if the amounts bid were correct.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:27 am

My theory on a DC type league...

The chances that one of the Joe-Blow 16th-26th rounders scoring respectably high...taking turns having their best scores of the year and thus making into my "starting lineup" each week (I hope) will reduce the advantage of a top three pick.

I also feel any points tossed out the window will come back to haunt you.

I'm one of the few remaining fantasy players (it seems) that still feels a serpentine draft is fair.

The more rounds we draft...the more fair it becomes imo.

I wish both the NFFC main and WCOFF main opened up the bench size a few more rounds.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:35 am

You can rationalize it until the cows come home...but by giving away 150 of Larry Johnsons point production...you just turned him into Warrick Dunn. (extreme example)

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:40 am

Should be fun to see the "end teams" (1-3 and 12-14) scrambling to get their backups at QB, K and DEF. The runs at these positions in Draft Champion leagues tend to be severe. Bottom line is that when the music stops, someone is going to be left without a chair -- my guess is that it'll be one of the aforementioned squads.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:06 am

Even 80 points...

That's 800 yards rushing wiped off your score.

It will be like week 7 before their rushing yards begin to count toward your totals.

Just my opinion...who the hell am I?

~Lance

~Long John Silver

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:38 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

I wish both the NFFC main and WCOFF main opened up the bench size a few more rounds.

~Lance Agreed!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:41 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Should be fun to see the "end teams" (1-3 and 12-14) scrambling to get their backups at QB, K and DEF. The runs at these positions in Draft Champion leagues tend to be severe. Bottom line is that when the music stops, someone is going to be left without a chair -- my guess is that it'll be one of the aforementioned squads. Of course the smart owners on each end will be the ones to start the runs. Q and I get to start the first one...no need stopping there! :D

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:35 am

I also feel any points tossed out the window will come back to haunt you.

I'm one of the few remaining fantasy players (it seems) that still feels a serpentine draft is fair.

The more rounds we draft...the more fair it becomes imo.
Are you offering to be last pick in all the drafts since you don't see the advantage?

You should be the greatest advocate of bidding since you don't mind drafting at the bottom and you get points to do it! How good is that!
Hakuna Matata!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:30 am

I enjoy the random draft order to have different teams/players.

I would not enjoy always having 12 or 14 due to all my teams being similar.

I respect whatever you say re: DC setups...you have earned it.

I was surprised at the margin of victory from the other thread. This is my first DC league...and I have a good eye for talent late in drafts...so I may fall in love with this style (and the no-maintenance) and play a few more next year.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:03 am

Best value...pick#5
not with portis getting hurt. could be brutal there now.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?