Edgerin James, just curious

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:17 pm

Quite an understatement Eddie - "didn't run for many TDs last year" - in fact the total was TWO
for the YEAR.

They were also dead last in rushing yardage - I don't remember the exact number - around 1160 - the league average is 50% higher than that. So Edge is a stud, but he can't block for himself Jeff and they didn't do much to improve the Oline.
I think I have him rated 10th at FF.com, but I doubt I would have taken him in the first round.

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:02 am

Perry, was curious what stat line you were looking at. He rushed for 1500 yards and 13 TD's and caught 44 balls for 337 yards and another TD. He will also benefit greatly from Boldin/Fitzgerald like he did with Harrison/Wayne.

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:06 am

i took edge with the 9th pick, then portis with the comeback. was happy to land both.
kaw f'ing kaw

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:09 am

Im with you stool. Was ecstatic to get him at 11 and was more amazed to come back and get Holt at 18.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 am

Originally posted by jdobies64:
Perry, was curious what stat line you were looking at. He rushed for 1500 yards and 13 TD's and caught 44 balls for 337 yards and another TD. He will also benefit greatly from Boldin/Fitzgerald like he did with Harrison/Wayne. First, Hook was talking about the Cardinal's rushing stats. Second, if you are expecting Indy numbers from Edge this year good luck with that.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:21 am

Perry, was curious what stat line you were looking at. He rushed for 1500 yards and 13 TD's and caught 44 balls for 337 yards and another TD. He will also benefit greatly from Boldin/Fitzgerald like he did with Harrison/Wayne. He's talking about Arizona's rushing attack last year. Without hesitation, I think we can all agree that it was pretty woeful. The question for 2006 is, was it Arrington/Shipp or the offensive line that caused such a pathetic display last year?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:29 am

Im with you stool. Was ecstatic to get him at 11 and was more amazed to come back and get Holt at 18. Team 12 got this same pair in yesterday's Ultimate Draft. James at 12 and Holt at 17.

Holt went #22 in Friday's New York DC 650 Auction.

Lots of variety in these drafts...

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:32 am

Call me crazy but im going to go out on a limb and say that James is better than Arrington and Shipp. McGahee, who is on a team with a horrible QB, one reciever, and a shoddy line, went before James. The O'line will be better(not saying how much better) but with Fitz/Boldin playing full time its hard to see James not having a very solid campaign.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:35 am

Hate to the "Debbie Downer" but from where I'm sitting, Edge has some serious downside this year. It would not surprise me if he doesn't crack 1000 yards rushing and/or 7 TDs. Even if things do break right for him and he gets 300+ carries (something that NO running back in D.Green's offense has ever done), it's unrealistic to expect his YPC not to be will be under 4. He's never been a good short yardage guy and he certainly won't be with this O line so the short TDs wll be limited. It would not surprise me if Shipp or that big fullback gets the goallines. He also does NOT posess breakaway speed (see how many 20+ yard TDs he had with Indy lately) so this will hinder him as well. One thing I think he will do is get receptions, although maybe not for a high average.
My realistic UPSIDE projections for Edge are: 1100 rush, 50 for 350 receiving, 8 total TDs. Decent numbers but not a top 10 pick in the NFFC.
For Players. By Players.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:21 pm

NAG , IM WITH YOU .EDGE was one of the high picks i wasnt touching, PORTIS is another , why take a chance on him either , and with duckett THERE , he wont get any goal line td's.IN the ULTIMATE it was me with the 11th pick , and i passed on EDGE for FAST WILLIE PARKER, who has one of the best offense of lines in football.CC DESPARADOS , is my partner in this event ,and i told him this was a possibilty of edge being there at 11 , and he had no promblem with FWP.
I do wish you luck jeff with EDGE , but i still hope FWP out produces him.THE biggest reason is EDGE is going to a new team , so things will be different , and that line is the worst . I cant believe they had 2 rushing td's last year , i didnt even know that.THIS is what makes fantasy fun, trying to be the best gm you can be.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!