Edgerin James, just curious

Liquid_Madness

Post by Liquid_Madness » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:09 pm

took Edge with 5th pick in NY League #3... then took Dunn with comeback pick.... Edge is poised to have a solid season... defenses have to play off the line because of the receivers....

I'll see you all in the champions round... thanks to Edge....
2006 Draft:
RB
Edge, Dunn, Duckett, M. Anderson, R. Moats, D. Davis
WR
Roy Williams, J. Walker D. Jackson, Troy Williamson, R. Ferguson, P. Price, Si. Moss
QB
A. Brooks, D. Brees
J. Stevens TE
L. Tynes K
NE Def

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Originally posted by Liquid_Madness:
took Edge with 5th pick in NY League #3... then took Dunn with comeback pick.... Edge is poised to have a solid season... defenses have to play off the line because of the receivers....

I'll see you all in the champions round... thanks to Edge.... I love Edge, too. Part of what made U2 great, when they were great.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:51 am

I thought I got a steal with Edge at 10 and then Steve Smith with 19.

I love Fast Willie too, and had him pegged as my first rounder until Edge came my way, and was hopeful of Fast Willie falling to me as well.

We'll see who outperforms who, although if Dominic Rhodes starts the whole season he could outperform both. I grabbed Julius in hte third over him just in case he doesn't.

P.S. U2 SUCKS and always has
... OZZY FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:34 pm

I just did the super sat . league , with 2 leagues and 28 players .IN my division i had pick 9 , and wanted FAST WILLIE, WELL WILLIE went 8th right in front of me. SO i went chad johnson with pick 9 , now believe it or not who do i get at pick 21 in the 2nd round, EDGERIN JAMES. NOW that has to be the farthest hes fallen.PICK 21 IM PRETTY HAPPY WITH THAT.
YES, OZZY RULES
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:53 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
I just did the super sat . league , with 2 leagues and 28 players .IN my division i had pick 9 , and wanted FAST WILLIE, WELL WILLIE went 8th right in front of me. SO i went chad johnson with pick 9 , now believe it or not who do i get at pick 21 in the 2nd round, EDGERIN JAMES. NOW that has to be the farthest hes fallen.PICK 21 IM PRETTY HAPPY WITH THAT.
YES, OZZY RULES FWP #8?????

Wow, talk about "Players on the Rise"

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:56 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
I thought I got a steal with Edge at 10 and then Steve Smith with 19. Originally posted by Eddiejag:
SO i went chad johnson with pick 9 , now believe it or not who do i get at pick 21 in the 2nd round, EDGERIN JAMES.Hmmm, so one guy gets Edge in the first, and Steve Smith in the second.

The other guy gets Chad Johnson in the first, and Edge in the second.

So who's better off?

Oh, and they both got Julius Jones in the 3rd...

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:11 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
YES, OZZY RULES This doesn't really make sense to me at all. why be happy to get Edge at 21 if you're not high on him? Now, had you taken another RB in the 1st round, making Edge you #2, yeah then it would've have been a good value. The way it worked out, you basically flipflopped your 1/2nd rounders, unless you think Chad is head & shoulders above the WRs which where there at 2.11. Btw, who was there at 2.11?
For Players. By Players.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:02 pm

By the way, you guys have the numbers wrong. If you have the 9th pick in the 1st round, in the NFFC you have the 20th pick (2.06)in the 2nd. Additionally, pick 21 is actually 2.07 in the NFFC. It would be 2.11 in the *****

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:45 am

i think people are having a little too much willi parker kool aid. he had a very nice campaign last year but this was aided by having bettis take some of the load off.

anyone who took parker in the first is stretching and no matter what they post or say the majority will agree with that. if people think the edge has too many question marks and not parker they have that engrained in their head and aren't using sound judgement.

the track record and the potent overall offense in zona has to count for something.
kaw f'ing kaw