3-City Grudge Match

Route Collectors

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Just an idea here.... I understand why you have put the draft after Week 1 to protect WCOFF drafters (I am one too), bit I'm not thrilled with drafting after Week 1 as I want all stats to count and Week 1 results will alter the draft if we do count Week 1....

so..... what if we have the draft on any day of Sept Sun Sept6- Wed Sept 9, but we have GEOFF at MDC HIDE our names when he creates the league?

Each owner would simply be known as "Las Vegas 1", "Chicago 4", "New York 2", etc...

After we find out the city rotation of the draft order, each team gets together and has one team member send Geoff all the info...

I also think this adds a little strategy to the draft as you guys won't know exactly where Jules or Ullman is drafting from, and we won't know where Yates is drafting from...

thoughts??? i think it's too late in the game to change John. Honestly this is a cheap league mostly for fun and bragging rights. I mentioned changing the date yesterday and immediately it was going to take out 2 players.

It's not that I'm against your idea....if only we had started talking about this sooner. Maybe next year.

cdavault

3-City Grudge Match

Post by cdavault » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

I can do the draft basically anytime i 2 do not enjoy the draft being so late. I would prefer it to be before the season starts.

Interesting idea about the name thing. Im on board for it if everyone else is.

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Just an idea here.... I understand why you have put the draft after Week 1 to protect WCOFF drafters (I am one too), bit I'm not thrilled with drafting after Week 1 as I want all stats to count and Week 1 results will alter the draft if we do count Week 1....

so..... what if we have the draft on any day of Sept Sun Sept6- Wed Sept 9, but we have GEOFF at MDC HIDE our names when he creates the league?

Each owner would simply be known as "Las Vegas 1", "Chicago 4", "New York 2", etc...

After we find out the city rotation of the draft order, each team gets together and has one team member send Geoff all the info...

I also think this adds a little strategy to the draft as you guys won't know exactly where Jules or Ullman is drafting from, and we won't know where Yates is drafting from...

thoughts???

Route Collectors

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

Draft order is on the Ask NFFC a question thread.

mikeybok

3-City Grudge Match

Post by mikeybok » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
thats not just an ordinary girl thats (hope you saw the movie) MY SUPER EX- GIRLFRIEND. lol ... underrated movie.

Trust me ... I have drafted with Jules. I bet she has a cape too!
Hakuna Matata!

KOTRAX

3-City Grudge Match

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
Please put my name in with the New Yorkers Tom,this looks like fun. Easy there Jules.The front page just needs an update.New York will be represented.
I saw other names wanting in NYC as well. ;)
[/QUOTE]Sorry, NY is still a day late and dollar short, even with you on board Champ. ;)
[/QUOTE]at least our feet don;t shake with quakes.!! one day you could be an island. :D
[/QUOTE]Okay, so instead of worrying about our football smarts, you are concerned with earthquakes and islands?? Great, good news for LV & Chi-town. Oh, and if the "big" one hits, we wouldn't be an island, we would just be gone.

Disclaimer: this is the one league I feel I can have with a little banter back and worth, hope you boyz understand, nothing personal and those whose names I recognize and those who I know, I do respect your game and look forward to the challenge of keeping the Championship in LV!
[/QUOTE]SORRY JULES BUT WE HAVE TO BRING THE FLAVA TO CHI-TOWN. IT IS CHI-TOWN'S TIME FOR THIS EVENT.

BLACKHAND

3-City Grudge Match

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
thats not just an ordinary girl thats (hope you saw the movie) MY SUPER EX- GIRLFRIEND. lol ... underrated movie.

Trust me ... I have drafted with Jules. I bet she has a cape too!
[/QUOTE]i dont mean to be sick....but if she can push that bed thru the wall...well , i will marry her !!!!
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

trueblue

3-City Grudge Match

Post by trueblue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:53 am

i'll be pulling for my Chicago bretheren. maybe next year, a few others can get a chance. possibly more challenges if it's organized a little earlier.

bill

ultimatefs

3-City Grudge Match

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Draft order is on the Ask NFFC a question thread. That's a logical place for it :confused: :confused:

OK here we go.

1)Todd Ullman...LV
2)Nelson Sousa....NY
3)Bill Wasosky....Chi
4)Chris DaVault...LV
5)Alexxa Newman...NY
6)Rick Hart.......Chi
7)Chris Poulson...LV
8)Tom Yates.......NY
9)Ormond Rose.....Chi
10)Jules McLean...LV
11)Jeff Dawson....NY
12)Jeff Clampitt..Chi
13)John Zaleski...LV
14)Frank Mammola..NY
15)Mike Ferre.....Chi

Even if we don't change the date, I say we let each team decide where its five are going to draft and still hide them!!!

And I guarantee Newman will be picking at #14 :D

[ August 26, 2009, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Tom Kessenich

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 am

Hey everyone, I have set this league on the registration page. If you could all go in and register online that would be a huge help. If you have any questions please contact me by email at [email protected].

Thanks for your help in getting this league set up.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich