Anybody Up For A Late-Week Chat At 2 PM ET Today?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:10 am

Tuesday's chat went so well and I'm getting pumped up for a big week of football I decided to share my excitement with my NFFC brothers and sisters. So is anybody interested in having a heretofore unprecedented second weekly chat during the season? If you are, I'll be here at 2 p.m. ET today. So don't keep me waiting.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:45 am

That sounds like a therefromaft idea!

mgk2004

Post by mgk2004 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:33 am

Tom,

I won't be around when the chat starts, but I do have a question for you ...

Do you think Wali Lundy's second half of the season will be more like last year's Samkon Gado (big asset) or this year's Samkon Gado (invisible)?

Thanks ...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:01 am

All right, let's start chattin.

To answer the first question I think someone emerges as a viable RB option for the Texans because they have several nice matchups after this week. I think it's a coin flip between Lundy and Gado and if I had to guess at this time I'd give a slight edge to Lundy.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:23 am

YEAH, Tom i would agree that, its funny how Lundy is avaliable in many leagues, im sure he will be the big pickup of the week.Everybody is always searching for the one big free agent pickup of the year.Two years ago, it was Droughns, and last year year ,Gado.
My question which of these three QB'S would you rather have for the reat of this season.
1 Gradowski
2 Harrington
3 V Young
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:25 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
YEAH, Tom i would agree that, its funny how Lundy is avaliable in many leagues, im sure he will be the big pickup of the week.Everybody is always searching for the one big free agent pickup of the year.Two years ago, it was Droughns, and last year year ,Gado.
My question which of these three QB'S would you rather have for the reat of this season.
1 Gradowski
2 Harrington
3 V Young From a fantasy perspective Harrington (and man it's painful to say that). But he has the most talent around him in my opinion so he's in the best position to succeed. Second on the list would be Gradkowski and while I don't want to say I told people so ... well ... I said I didn't believe he'd be any worse than Simms and could possibly be better and so far the results have born that out. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Bucs' offense has looked better since Simms got hurt. I think he's a very over-rated QB and was really hurting them.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:39 am

Tom ,since it's a quiet day, ild keep going.What do you think of all the teams that took L Johnson first in the main event ,[10 teams].AND another ,seven teams that took S Alexander first.Thats 17 teams that cant be to happy right now, do you think these guys will turn it around and give owners first round value, or is it too late.
Seven owners ,took Tomilson first, what do you expect from him ,the rest of the season.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:43 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Tom ,since it's a quiet day, ild keep going.What do you think of all the teams that took L Johnson first in the main event ,[10 teams].AND another ,seven teams that took S Alexander first.Thats 17 teams that cant be to happy right now, do you think these guys will turn it around and give owners first round value, or is it too late.
Seven owners ,took Tomilson first, what do you expect from him ,the rest of the season. I think LT proves to be the best RB in fantasy this year which is why I loved the third pick heading into this season. With regard to the other two, I don't know if anyone could have projected an injury to Green which has really hurt LJ or an injury to Alexander, who has been one of the most durable RBs in the league in recent years. If Green stays healthy and Alexander doesn't get hurt I don't think LJ or Alexander owners would be too disappointed.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:44 am

Tom,in your opinion, does Chester Taylor start really producing? He's getting the carries, but will he start racking up the points?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:47 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Tom,in your opinion, does Chester Taylor start really producing? He's getting the carries, but will he start racking up the points? 154 total yards and 5 receptions in his last game not good enough for you? ;)

The yardage has been there for Taylor but the TDs haven't been. And TDs are the most difficult thing to project in most cases because they can be so random. The concern I would have if I was a Taylor owner is that he'll be worn down at the end of the season because his workload has been so heavy. The Vikings need to work Moore into the mix more to keep Taylor fresh.

Bottom line: If the yardage is there I'd take it and hope for the TDs to come. But if he's at least contributing in terms of yardage than he'll remain a very viable starting option.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich