Anybody Up For A Late-Week Chat At 2 PM ET Today?

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:00 am

Again...I hear that Vick is going to start throwing the ball. Didn't they decide to let Vick be Vick? It seems to me that the Falcon drives stall because Vick tries to throw the ball, not because he doesn't. What is your take on this...should I give up on Vick as a fantasy QB?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:05 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Again...I hear that Vick is going to start throwing the ball. Didn't they decide to let Vick be Vick? It seems to me that the Falcon drives stall because Vick tries to throw the ball, not because he doesn't. What is your take on this...should I give up on Vick as a fantasy QB? Vick's actually a worthy fantasy option because of his running potential. I'm not keen on his matchup this week but as long as he keeps running he'll offset his putrid passing ability in terms of fantasy production.

The greater question is whether the Falcons need to give up on him. I think they should because I don't believe he's ever going to be a legitimate big-time NFL QB. He's the second coming of Kordell Stewart and that's not a joke. Name me one thing Vick has accomplished in his career that Stewart didn't also accomplish.

It may not be long before more and more people look back on two of the biggest draft day trades in recent history and marvel at how the Chargers got the better of both of the teams they traded with.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:06 am

What do you think about Vick assuming the "Reggie Bush" roll and let Schaub take over the helm? I think this is how you use Vick to the best of his abilities.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:08 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
What do you think about Vick assuming the "Reggie Bush" roll and let Schaub take over the helm? I think this is how you use Vick to the best of his abilities. Vick isn't big enough to play RB full-time. He'd get killed. There's also nothing to suggest he could be a viable receiver in the passing game.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:12 am

Why not QB by committee in Atlanta? If it could ever work in the NFL, that seems like the place. They are already running the option..LOL. Thoughts?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:15 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Why not QB by committee in Atlanta? If it could ever work in the NFL, that seems like the place. They are already running the option..LOL. Thoughts? Don't like the QBBC option for the NFL. I don't believe it can work. Pick one guy and he's your guy. If the Falcons lose a couple games and are in danger of falling out of the playoff race I think the pressure is really going to mount for a QB change. In Vick's defense (and it's rare I'll ever come to his defense because I think he's a bad QB), his receivers killed him last week. There was no excuse for Jenkins to drop that 60-yard TD. It was right in his hands. If he catches that pass that game has a completely different look to it.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:18 am

OK, Tom. Thanks for you thoughts! Take care.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:23 am

Tom, Have you got a look at Ruvell Martin? Since Favre will have to continue to chuck it a lot, will R.Martin have any fantasy impact?
@RedRyder

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:23 am

TK:"The greater question is whether the Falcons need to give up on him. I think they should because I don't believe he's ever going to be a legitimate big-time NFL QB. He's the second coming of Kordell Stewart and that's not a joke. Name me one thing Vick has accomplished in his career that Stewart didn't also accomplish"

i agree Tom, however in my mind I'll always associate M.Vick with the start Green Bay's decline - when he went into frigid Lambeau and beat them at home in the playoffs. The beginning of the end of the modern day Packer dynasty.

Q

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:25 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Tom, Have you got a look at Ruvell Martin? Since Favre will have to continue to chuck it a lot, will R.Martin have any fantasy impact? I wouldn't expect much Jules. I think what we'll see is more passes to the RBs and TEs. Maybe someone like David Martin used as a WR with Franks lined up at TE in two-TE sets. Things like that. I'm not sure yet of McCarthy's philosophy along those lines, though, so it'll be a little bit of wait and see. But I'd be very surprised if Martin showed anything of a consistent nature.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich