Anybody Up For A Late-Week Chat At 2 PM ET Today?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:27 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
TK:"The greater question is whether the Falcons need to give up on him. I think they should because I don't believe he's ever going to be a legitimate big-time NFL QB. He's the second coming of Kordell Stewart and that's not a joke. Name me one thing Vick has accomplished in his career that Stewart didn't also accomplish"

i agree Tom, however in my mind I'll always associate M.Vick with the start Green Bay's decline - when he went into frigid Lambeau and beat them at home in the playoffs. The beginning of the end of the modern day Packer dynasty.

Q That's true but what's forgotten is Vick really didn't play that well in that game. A huge blocked punt was one of the biggest plays in the game. Vick's numbers were rather ordinary but as the hype has built people have forgotten that.

But yea, Mike Sherman was damn good as p*****g all over the Lambeau advantage in the playoffs.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:00 am

Tom,

Great comparison of Vick to Kordell Stewart. I would and could argue that Kordell has been better. Stewart, in my opinion was a QB who got caught in a bad spot and was poorly treated and handled in Pittsburgh. I could get into details but wont. Just keep in mind he twice took teams to conference championship games, went through a offensive system and coordinator change almost every season of his career even going back to college, and never had even average WR's until his 2001 season where he was brilliant.

Now to a question.

Which RB would you like to have most for the remainder of the season...

Julius Jones
Warrick Dunn
Frank Gore

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:02 am

I'd rather have Dunn for the remainder of the season followed by Gore and then JJ. I'm a big Jones fan but he's yet to prove he can stay healthy for the entire year and Barber is vulturing TDs and stealing carries. Michael Turner is easily the best backup RB in the game but Barber may be next in line.

And I would have no problems with anyone arguing that Vick is inferior to what Stewart was during his best days. I think Vick is without question the most over-rated player in the game today. Whoever is second is so far behind it's not even worth considering.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:32 am

Tom,

Do you feel Ahman will get the work he should now that he appears healthy or will GB coddle him thus reducing his touches significantly?
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:34 am

I'd expect Green to be coddled the rest of the season. It's a smart move and the best way to try and keep him healthy for the remainder of the season. The question is whether Herron or Morency can step into the "coddle" role and keep it. I would expect a lot of flip-flopping there. I think Morency's the more talented RB so he could end up being the No. 2 guy but he obviously needs to hang onto the ball better.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:35 am

Tom,

The reason I asked that question is to me, my pivitol decision at the draft was my 3rd round choice of jones over gore and dunn. My thinking on draft day being jones had the biggest upside even with barber around and the Cowboys had a great rushing schedule. Dunn is old and small and had norwood and gore was unproven and playing for a team that I assumed would be losing all the time.

I would nor argue with your choice though I am hopeful that jones pays dividends in the second half for me...

do you expect guys like Colston and Berrian to continue to produce the remainder of the season or do you think they will return to earth?

Do you think leinart is this good or do you think once the league gets some game film on him they might be able to slow him down?

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:35 am

Who is the biggest disappointment in the NFL from a Fantasy perspective at this point in your opinion? As a follow up, will they rebound or should owners be getting ready to eternally bench him?
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:40 am

Biggest disappointments so far by position:

QB - Culpepper
RB - Edge
WR - Ward
TE - Gonzalez
K - Rackers

Of that group, I think Ward has the best chance to bounce back. Maybe Gonzalez once Green returns.

I'll say this -- I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER violate one of my strongest Draft Day credos again and that's to never ever ever ever ever take a TE before the end of the draft. Gonzalez is killing me in my main league because I went for the value in the sixth round instead of taking a lesser talent, realizing there would be plenty of talent available at TE late in my draft. This is an example of drafting for value and having it bite you in the ass. Oh well. I'm still in contention which is good but I'm stuck in no-man's land with Gonzalez because I can't cut him and it's hard to bench him given the limited options available in my league.

End of rant.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich