Blessing or Curse?

BillyWaz

Blessing or Curse?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Originally posted by GK:
I don't listen to anyone - if I make a mistake on WDIS well then it's on ME and I'm okay with it...

look, below are my three NFFC Main teams and it's been only four weeks already but I have left more points on the bench than I did the entire season last year ALREADY!...it's still WAAAAAY early Well if you don't listen to anyone, why do you ask for their opinion??? :confused: Seriously, all that is going to do is cloud the situation, and cause you to go in the wrong direction (IMO).

And there will be MANY more wrong decisions. You can't always get them right, but having a deep bench is a BLESSING for when you need it. Many others don't have that option. :D

bobsgym13

Blessing or Curse?

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:44 am

Two parts - emotions and logic

1) More sit/start decisions = more of an emotional rollercoaster = a blessing or curse depending on the person

2) More sit/start decisions + good analysis = more points on average = blessing

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Eddiejag

Blessing or Curse?

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 am

Your Classic team is much better than your Primetime.I would expect your Classic to roll but your Primetime isnt good enough.You will see this soon enough.I would rather have your backup qb in the classic and would play him this week at home.
That bench in the Primetime is ugly but at least you have both busts on the same team.[Bush,Evans]
good luck.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Coltsfan

Blessing or Curse?

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 am

I had the exact same question that Billy did. Why ask sit/start questions here if nobody else's opinions matter???

Last week I asked about playing McGahee or Moore. I had McGahee in at that point in time. Both Snake and (I believe Eddie) came on and said Moore. I thought about it and made the change. It worked and I appreciate the help. It just struck me as strange that somebody would ask for advice knowing that the lineup is set in stone.

Wayne

bobsgym13

Blessing or Curse?

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
I don't listen to anyone - if I make a mistake on WDIS well then it's on ME and I'm okay with it...

look, below are my three NFFC Main teams and it's been only four weeks already but I have left more points on the bench than I did the entire season last year ALREADY!...it's still WAAAAAY early Well if you don't listen to anyone, why do you ask for their opinion??? :confused: Seriously, all that is going to do is cloud the situation, and cause you to go in the wrong direction (IMO).

And there will be MANY more wrong decisions. You can't always get them right, but having a deep bench is a BLESSING for when you need it. Many others don't have that option. :D
[/QUOTE]1) by simply asking I'm certain that I'm doing what many others here do by stirring up conversation and stimulating the thought process (never mind the not listening part)...

2) yeah deep benches surely LOOK nice but we've come full circle here - is having this many viable starting options (and so many decent choices) truly a blessing or a curse?...
[/QUOTE]...your flex is either Sims-Walker (vs KC at home, sunny and 74 degrees) or Steven Smith (vs OAK at home, rain, 24 mph swirling wind and 40 degrees)...

...next week reverse the situations...

Would you rather have one or both? Sometimes the boring typical answer is just the right one. ;)

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Eddiejag

Blessing or Curse?

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:28 am

I love the opinions of other's especially the best fantasy ballers in the World.I agree with you Snake that my gut decision will be the final call but some calls are so close and thats when if a Billy Waz ,Colts FAN KJ Duke and others all seem to like lets say Simms Walker then that might be just enough to go that way.Hey last week i sat Barber for GAGE just playing it safe with a player coming back from injury.I also played Kenny Britt over Ginn and was rewarded.
About Bush i was very suprised how high he was going in drafts considering the micro surgery and the play of Pierre Thomas.Now with the emergence of Mike Bell that can only hurt Bush some more.Ive got a bad feeling on Bush.
Hell in Buffalo Trent Edwards just isnt that good and he cant even get T O the ball.Evans is going to have a lot of 1 to 3 catch games.
Snake Palmer hasnt done anything and the rest of your bench isnt much upside.Just dont like your Primetime and WOULD BE SHOCKED IF THIS TEAM MADE THE playoff's.
I do love your classic and this team is very dangerous and kudos to you for nailing The Jints Steve Smith in a few leagues.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!