Super Sat DC Draft Order-Mon Aug 27-8PM

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:31 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...anyone care to, or have the nads to list their respective squad(s) in this league here?...hehehe...SNAKE At least I had the nads, which is apparently more than can be said for you. Additionally, criticism without listing yours is a bit on the weenie side. I realize there's risk on the team but from where I was drafting and who I was drafting against, I had to choose the best available. Every player in the league is only one snap from being in the infirmary ward. Let's see how it plays out. Anything right now is pure speculation and quite frankly, if you or I could see into the future, we'd have won the Powerball last week and wouldn't be conversing on this message board. Thanks for the comments just the same. It's all good Snake.....I had fun drafting and felt like I went up against some of the best NFFC had to offer. I could have cowered in a corner and just admitted that I was out of my league but that ain't my way. I'm willing to pay for an education. Who knows? Maybe these guys stay healthy all year and I semi-look like I knew what I was doing.

[ August 28, 2007, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Steel Curtain ]
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Originally posted by Steel Curtain:
Heck, I don't mind showing mine. I was a guppy in a shark tank last night but felt I did half-way decent for a relative newbie. Keep in mind that there were some absolute monster drafters in my league and I found myself quaking in fear over half the time from Jules intimidating me.

Jules was mostly harmless last night! Unless you were GLY. He was drafting far too good from the 1 hole through the first 4 rounds, had to throw the co**block, couldn't chance Betts getting back to him.

Steel Curtain, congrats on getting in on the SuperSat, hope you had fun drafting and good luck throughout the season. (The only pick I really disliked of yours was Barlow. I thought there were better RB's out there to take a shot with.) The NFFC is an awesome event, whether it be the Sat's or the Live events, welcome to the family!
@RedRyder

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:18 pm

Jon, received your email. Thanks, above and beyond the call....GREAT job, from taking it over right through and after the draft. :D

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:27 pm

I agree, Jon!

I liked my team enough post draft...but seeing some teams from the other league...ouch...solid teams added into the mix!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 am

Snake,
I know you weren't criticizing; I was just trying to make myself a little more comfortable with my team. I had a blast in the draft--what a great group of people to draft with. I'm a newbie to fantasy football (especially hardcore fantasy football) yet no one made me feel like a newbie. To be completely honest with the Barlow pick, I had just gotten done with playing 36 holes about 15 minutes before the draft and had no clue he had gotten cut. I tried to cover up my ignorance as best as possible but obviously it didn't work.

Jon, just let me go on record right now in saying that the e-mail you sent was way above the call of duty! Great job on the spreadsheets. That is awesome!
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

powens

Post by powens » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:27 am

Awesome spreadsheets Jon, thanks.

powens

Post by powens » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:27 am

So, on paper who are the favorites?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:54 am

Originally posted by powens:
So, on paper who are the favorites? With a quick scan of the rosters, I like Jon's, Billy's and Mike's teams from League A and Matt Bauler's and Wayne's teams from League B. I suppose that pretty much takes those 5 teams out of the running..lol. ALL teams look very competitive and I believe it will be a close race throughout and may eventually be decided by the deduction of bidding points.